• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best credit cards for HPCL fuelling

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looking for the optimal cards for my fuelling needs. I fuel up Rs. 15000-20000 per month of petrol, mostly at HPCL, as there is a COCO nearby where I can get a free car wash. Backup option is IOCL.

Presently, I use the ICICI HPCL Super Saver on HP Pay, which gives 5% rewards upto Rs. 5000 only. I have also applied for BoB Energie yesterday, which should also give 5% upto Rs. 6250. I am trying to figure out what's the best card for the balance spending - which I covering for the time being at IOCL using my CITI IOCL card.

I have Amex Plat Travel and Amex Plat Reserve - both do not give MR on fuel. Can get a Gold charge, but with HPCL vouchers gone on Gyftr Rewards Multiplier, doing 1000x6 spends would be cumbersome.

I also have an existing Fastag, so getting a new one from ICICI to link with HP Pay and load with Amazon Pay is also cumbersome.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If that fuel station has QR support, then load money to 'HP Pay' app and pay with it.

There are 0.85% charges (but they'll give 3 payback points = 0.75 which you can use again on HP Pay app), so use any card that provide more than this rate.

You can even load 6x1000, 4x1500 to complete those milestone benefits with AMEx cards (but loading charges little bit high).

Best way is to load money to Amazon and purchase those 'HP Refuel' gift cards with 100Rs. delivery fee.

There are various ways, you can load Amazon with 5%-15% depends on the card you have (suggested this method because your requirement is high).

BTW, you can close both BoB Energie (which saves 590Rs.) and HPCL Super Saver (if not LTF, then 590Rs.) both covers 12 deliveries if your order from Amazon.
I do use HP Pay - but load with the HPCL SS. I am not able to use AMEX on HP Pay - tried with my Amex Plat Travel and Plat Reserve - the app says credit card no. is invalid.

Shall explore there HPCL GV method.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I procured a new ICICI Fastag in order to replace my existing Airtel one, which has Rs. 900 bucks balance. The new one just arrived, I recharged it with Rs. 500 so it has Rs. 700 balance now. However, when I go to see the status against the Fastag ID on the NETC website it is showing as blacklisted. When I search for my vehicle number, it shows 2 Fastags and both are active.

How do I go about activating the new ICICI Fastag after finishing off my Airtel Fastag balance, and transferring the Rs. 250 reserve amount from it to my Airtel Wallet?

_na_cheese

TF Premier
Lot of BOB energie users are complaining about not getting reward points and surcharges. I've applied for bob too. Since it has lower fee waiver compared to icici super saver. And I recently got a call from an agent for SBI BPCL too. Fuel and credit cards are a confusing situation.

Last edited:

Sriim

TF Premier
Lot of BOB energie users are complaining about not getting reward points and surcharges. I've applied for bob too. Since it has lower fee waiver compared to icici super saver. And I recently got a call from an agent for SBI BPCL too. Fuel and credit cards are a confusing situation.
Have been using BOB Energie for 4 months now. It's almost 50-50 on reward points being automatically credited. But whenever RPs have not been credited, I've sent emails and they've manually credited it.

Yes, it's a hassle to manually ask for RPs everytime. But for me it has been the better option. BPCL pumps around me not mentioned in SBI Octane list, IDFC power+ and Axis IOCL don't give statement credit.

Also, I'm finding a pattern with RPs being credited hassle when using certain pumps. It's trial and error.

Will update if I'm successful

Looking for the optimal cards for my fuelling needs. I fuel up Rs. 15000-20000 per month of petrol, mostly at HPCL, as there is a COCO nearby where I can get a free car wash. Backup option is IOCL.

Presently, I use the ICICI HPCL Super Saver on HP Pay, which gives 5% rewards upto Rs. 5000 only. I have also applied for BoB Energie yesterday, which should also give 5% upto Rs. 6250. I am trying to figure out what's the best card for the balance spending - which I covering for the time being at IOCL using my CITI IOCL card.

I have Amex Plat Travel and Amex Plat Reserve - both do not give MR on fuel. Can get a Gold charge, but with HPCL vouchers gone on Gyftr Rewards Multiplier, doing 1000x6 spends would be cumbersome.

I also have an existing Fastag, so getting a new one from ICICI to link with HP Pay and load with Amazon Pay is also cumbersome.
I am following to things

Bob max of 250 Rs per month for 6k
Amex mrcc 1.5k txn x4 for 6k

Cashback worth of 500 per month Flat

dan873

TF Select
Have been using BOB Energie for 4 months now. It's almost 50-50 on reward points being automatically credited. But whenever RPs have not been credited, I've sent emails and they've manually credited it.

Yes, it's a hassle to manually ask for RPs everytime. But for me it has been the better option. BPCL pumps around me not mentioned in SBI Octane list, IDFC power+ and Axis IOCL don't give statement credit.

Also, I'm finding a pattern with RPs being credited hassle when using certain pumps. It's trial and error.

Will update if I'm successful
Hi
How is your current experience with BOB ENERGIE is this rewards and surcharge issue still persisting?
Have you tried paying with HP Pay app?

Sriim

TF Premier
Hi
How is your current experience with BOB ENERGIE is this rewards and surcharge issue still persisting?
Have you tried paying with HP Pay app?
I've found one station where they're allowing to scan with HP pay app and it's giving rewards everytime. (PS - BOB Energie doesn't give rewards for loading money into HP pay wallet)

If i have to fill at other stations (even using HP pay app), straight rewards are hit and miss, but they always credit it after 1 email(slight hassle, but i don't mind as long as they credit it).