• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card to load payzapp wallet

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. How much charge to load payzapp wallet via CC?
2. What all places can I use payzapp wallet? Not interested in money rotation but can payzapp wallet balance be used for p2m UPI transactions?

helloworld

TF Legend
1. How much charge to load payzapp wallet via CC?
2. What all places can I use payzapp wallet? Not interested in money rotation but can payzapp wallet balance be used for p2m UPI transactions?
1. 0
2. No

Payzapp wallet is an alternative for your offline POS (tap & pay) using your mobile. So, incase you're getting less rewards on your card for offline purchases, but getting good rewards in wallet mcc, then you can top-up and use that as tap & pay system.

Ex: we're getting 1% on wallet load, but 0.25% for offline purchases. So, if we load payzapp and use that for tap & pay in offline then effectively we're getting 1% offline too.

Ex: we're getting 1% online and wallet load, but if we load payzapp and use that to purchse gyftr voucher (covers most of the common person websites) then effectively we're getting 5%+1%.

Last edited:

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1. 0
2. No

Payzapp wallet is an alternative for your offline POS (tap & pay) using your mobile. So, incase you're getting less rewards on your card for offline purchases, but getting good rewards in wallet mcc, then you can top-up and use that as tap & pay system.

Replace eterna with your credit card, and excluded categories of that card but good rewards on wallet mcc.

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Appreciate it.

I have PayZapp full KYC account since long, but could not really get a hang of it, like where shall I really use it or how useful it is.

Your post made it lot clear. There are very few cards that will provide reward points on wallet load, Need to check whether IDFC wealth provides 6x.

So basically, PayZapp UPI is possible only via linked bank account and Rupay card and not via wallet.

SonyTom

TF Premier
yes, as of today (you know things are changing so general message).

yes. consider its a prepaid card and works wherever your credit card works. offline only tap & pay because physical card not available.
I am yet to find a store which accepts tap and pay using Payzapp.

Error message: "Payment failed. Transaction is not allowed on this merchant by the bank"

helloworld

TF Legend
I am yet to find a store which accepts tap and pay using Payzapp.

Error message: "Payment failed. Transaction is not allowed on this merchant by the bank"

in that case use for online voucher purchase 5%+your card wallet reward rate (unless you're getting higher already with other cards). Most of the time, I didn't face issues with my usage (I have limited usage in offline).

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. 0
2. No

Ex: Eterna gives 3.75% on wallet load, but 0.75% for offline purchases. So, if we load payzapp and use that for tap & pay in offline then effectively we're getting 3.75% offline too.

Also, Eterna gives 3.75% online and wallet load, but if we load payzapp and use that to purchse gyftr voucher (covers most of the common person websites) then effectively we're getting 8.75%.

Also, Eterna gives 0.0375% on excluded category websites, but if we load payzapp and use those places effectively we're getting 3.75% on those websites too.

Replace eterna with your credit card, and excluded categories of that card but good rewards on wallet mcc, you're effectively getting best possible reward rate with your card.
"payzapp and use that for tap & pay in offline then effectively we're getting 3.75% offline too."

pay offline - u mean like rupay cc / merchant UPI??

ccent

TF Buzz
1. 0
2. No

Ex: we're getting 1% on wallet load, but 0.25% for offline purchases. So, if we load payzapp and use that for tap & pay in offline then effectively we're getting 1% offline too.

Ex: we're getting 1% online and wallet load, but if we load payzapp and use that to purchse gyftr voucher (covers most of the common person websites) then effectively we're getting 5%+1%.
Payzapp wallet balance can also be used to transfer the wallet balance into any bank account right? if yes, are there any limits on the same?

karram

TF Buzz
One usecase for utilizing Payzapp wallet balance that I use - One of my home interior contractor demands payment in cash or he sends me IndiaMart payment link to collect payment. IndiaMart charges 1.75+ GST for CC which comes close to a little above 2% overall. So, I use Eterna to load Payzapp wallet and then pay from Payzapp card. IndiaMart still charges the fees, but the Eterna reward points make it rewarding. I use this only for urgent payments and also for amounts less than 20K. I do not recommend wallet load with Eterna for regular usage.

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
3% charges. Not sure any card benefit for that, not recommended.
Can I use this process to hit the 7.5L spend criteria on my regalia gold that will let me get an Infinia? I meet the 8L limit requirement, I'm just facing difficulty in hitting the spends criteria and I do not want to push myself to spend on anything unnecessary.