• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for one time large government spends

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

I have two large government transactions coming up in the next 30 days amounting to about 10L and they do accept credit cards and the payment gateway isn't applying any charges for CC payments either.

Which card among the below would work out best considering my situation? Any other better card which is not in the list? Fyi I do travel often on vacations. I have to apply for them all, I have none. I just met an axis agent at the airport and he's taken the details, so applying for a axis card would be easy for me.

Axis Vistara Infinite
Axis Atlas
SBI Vistara Prime

I have to make this decision fairly soon, so highly appreciate the help. Just started taking credit cards since a couple of months so max limit is 4.9L on my SBI CB card, annual salary etc is fairly good so eligibility should be ok for all, except for excess enquiries in the past couple of months.

Last edited:

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
vistara in case of domestic flight usage
either axis or sbi

axis atlas in case of foreign vacations
I've never used the travel edge portal and only heard about it. For spends about 10L, what can we expect in terms of flight tickets, an example, or amount in rupees benefit that we will get?

For instance, would 10L spends give us benefit of 60k worth 2 flight tickets from Bangalore to Germany?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I've never used the travel edge portal and only heard about it. For spends about 10L, what can we expect in terms of flight tickets, an example, or amount in rupees benefit that we will get?

For instance, would 10L spends give us benefit of 60k worth 2 flight tickets from Bangalore to Germany?
i havent used it so not sure about the exact numbers

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Considering the unavailability of Vistara tickets, is Atlas the only option for these spends? Any other option that I've not considered yet?

girish3456

TF Premier
Hello All,

I have two large government transactions coming up in the next 30 days amounting to about 10L and they do accept credit cards and the payment gateway isn't applying any charges for CC payments either.

Which card among the below would work out best considering my situation? Any other better card which is not in the list? Fyi I do travel often on vacations. I have to apply for them all, I have none. I just met an axis agent at the airport and he's taken the details, so applying for a axis card would be easy for me.

Axis Vistara Infinite
Axis Atlas
SBI Vistara Prime

I have to make this decision fairly soon, so highly appreciate the help. Just started taking credit cards since a couple of months so max limit is 4.9L on my SBI CB card, annual salary etc is fairly good so eligibility should be ok for all, except for excess enquiries in the past couple of months.
How about IDFC First Wealth credit card

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kindly elaborate which type of government spends. If you're speaking about advance tax, then it's safe to use all personal cards. Atlas is presently best for advance tax, since it will give you 4 Airmiles (based on 1:2 ratio) for every Rs. 100 spent. But if you're planning to use a CC for GST payment, then probably best to avoid Axis, they are notorious in suspending points and cancelling cards if non-personal spend is done on their personal credit cards. IDFCFirst Wealth CC would be a really good option in this scenario. It will give you close to 2.5% especially on these big spends. You can use these points for travel based vouchers as well as Amazon Pay vouchers, they presently have a great catalog of vouchers.

There is a new card on the block, BizBlack Metal by HDFC, this would be the ultimate card for business expenses. Trying to get my hand on the same.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

Axis Vistara Infinite
Axis Atlas
SBI Vistara Prime

1) IDFC wealth

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
BTW, which payment gateway is not applying any charges for CC payments? Please let us all know.

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How about IDFC First Wealth credit card
Kindly elaborate which type of government spends. If you're speaking about advance tax, then it's safe to use all personal cards. Atlas is presently best for advance tax, since it will give you 4 Airmiles (based on 1:2 ratio) for every Rs. 100 spent. But if you're planning to use a CC for GST payment, then probably best to avoid Axis, they are notorious in suspending points and cancelling cards if non-personal spend is done on their personal credit cards. IDFCFirst Wealth CC would be a really good option in this scenario. It will give you close to 2.5% especially on these big spends. You can use these points for travel based vouchers as well as Amazon Pay vouchers, they presently have a great catalog of vouchers.

There is a new card on the block, BizBlack Metal by HDFC, this would be the ultimate card for business expenses. Trying to get my hand on the same.

1) IDFC wealth
I have IDFC Wealth too but I feel currently Atlas is a better card than Wealth for Utilities / Govt Spends. Some property tax payments are flagged as Utility and for these Wealth doesn't offer 10X rewards either I believe. While Atlas gives 4% + milestone benefits
BTW, which payment gateway is not applying any charges for CC payments? Please let us all know.
This was payment for Bangalore Water Supply Board.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
have IDFC Wealth too but I feel currently Atlas is a better card than Wealth for Utilities / Govt Spends. Some property tax payments are flagged as Utility and for these Wealth doesn't offer 10X rewards either I believe. While Atlas gives 4% + milestone benefits
Considering the past history , no one knows when it will be time for Atlas to be in the dustbin..but yeah until then you are right Atlas is a better option

techt

TF Legend
I have IDFC Wealth too but I feel currently Atlas is a better card than Wealth for Utilities / Govt Spends. Some property tax payments are flagged as Utility and for these Wealth doesn't offer 10X rewards either I believe. While Atlas gives 4% + milestone benefits

Axis ACE gives flat 2% for utilities.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I think some property tax payments are available on Amazon Pay. There you can reap multiplier benefits using Amazon Pay vouchers using Gyftr of a variety of credit cards.