• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for Insurance payments

ccdc

TF Ace
Hello All,

I have Insurance payments to be made mostly of a company who doesnt allow premiums to be paid via amazon pay/gv? Small percentage (approx 10%) are those which can be paid via amazon pay/gv. They are spread mostly from Dec to March. Can someone suggest some good cards from the below or some new ones? Total amt is close to 11L. I have the below cards. I also have close to 2.5L Advance Tax to be paid as well.

I went through couple of threads on this forum but most of them talk about paying via amzon pay/gv which is not possible in my case. I have to pay directly via card only or by adding to some wallet. But almost all wallets charge a hefty fee of 3-4% which negates the benefits we get from cc points/rewards.

SC Ultimate
RBL World Safari
ICICI Apay
Neu Infinity
IDFC First Select
Kotak Zen
Amex MRCC
Regalia
Magnus

All suggesstions are welcome!!!

I know SC gives 2% but the voucher options are bad so it would be my last option to go to. Also Amex wont give any points as well since it's direct payment via card.

ccdc

TF Ace
- 11L per year for insurance 🤔
- Not satisfied with SC rewards

For further recommendations, if we say X card - What are the chances to get that card (obviously with FD you can get, seems like you have high income) ?

Asking because, you're having only premium or mid-range cards with most of the banks but not super premium which kind of stops me whether it is due to CIBIL history, income or etc. parameters. because with this kind of purchases, you should easily get super premium card from each bank in each year.

Your best option is SC and you'll get 2% vistara/itc vouchers with it.
almost all super prem. cards used to give less rewards than SC....used to like SC rewards but now they are just pathetic....vistara is the only usable option for me...Amex doesn't give anything on Insurance so that's out of question. Can you tell me any other super prem. card which gives better rewards than 2%. I'm not that interested in airline/hotel miles. I can get any card. I also have a standing offer from HDFC for Infinia Metal since last 2 months but not taking it. I also have another offer from BoB for Eterna but i calculated the benefit on Insurance..not good 9correct me if i'm wrong here).

ccdc

TF Ace
Almost all limits the reward points/cashback earnings related to Insurnce, even HDFC has some limits per month but not that much amount. Not sure banks agree that much amount as Insurance, it usually considers as non-personal spends or need further evaluation to approve.

Only split payments provides good value (Hope 11L is multiple insurances again that much banks usually consider as business rather personal), otherwise whether you like it or not SC provides high value with your cards than APay.

Remaining, like HDFC, Magnus has limited rewards per month it won't equal to 2% or even 1% of APay including IDFC, Kotak, RBL

Better take Plat.Travel spend 4L
1.5L per day with Infinia

If you like those Luxury catelogue, try Kotak White with 8L.

Seriously, what is this 11L policy?
Do you know if kotak white gives rewards on insurance spends? what abt rbl world safari...does it give rewards on insurance spends?

ccdc

TF Ace
Both RBL and Kotak milestone spends eligible for Insurance, that part I'm sure. Individual reward rate never tried, wil never try also - check with support once for actual confirmation.
have you personally got milestone reward points for kotak white & rbl safari for insurance?

ccdc

TF Ace
No, but got milestone benefits for family's mojo card and Play card (on Insurance MCC). Just ignore whatever I said, and ask confirmation from bank as proof because I don't think in my life I ever pay 11L to insurance in a year. Can't give you any guarantee personally (maybe I'm lucky).
do you know email id to contact...i cannot find it on website

drsel

TF Legend
Suppose you buy a single premium insurance policy using a credit card.
Then If you request a refund of the premium paid during the free look period of 15 days, will the refund be paid to the credit card used to pay or to your bank account?

helloworld

TF Legend
Suppose you buy a single premium insurance policy using a credit card.
Then If you request a refund of the premium paid during the free look period of 15 days, will the refund be paid to the credit card used to pay or to your bank account?

for me they refunded source. maybe some low level companies refund to bank account.