• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best bank account for inward remittance

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC salary and BOB savings account. I get RSUs and ESPPs and sell them to get money in my Indian account.

I use inward remittance quite often and HDFC is a pain with calling RM and asking them to get approval for better rates etc.

Do you guys have experience with this? Which bank gives best inward remittance rate with no manual process involved?

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Has anyone done inward remittance with axis bank?

They offer preffered rates for Corp Salary account holders and Burgundy/preffered account holders.

Plz share experience if you have any.

@xxScriptzxx
I got an email from HDFC to open HDFC Bank Exclusive Premium Salary Account as a corporate tieup with my company. The email shows IBR - 7 paisa for inward remittence. Does this 7 paisa depend on corporate company or based on my HDFC account type? I currently hold preferrred banking HDFC account. Can RM reduce this 7 to 5 paisa?

Also, if I upgrade my account to HDFC imperia banking will this reduce the 7 paisa further to 5 paisa?

thanks for this suggestion, this saves a ton of money as i was planning to liquidate around 40k $ RSUs, inter bank rate - 7 paisa is still a great deal definitely.

yaathran

TF Select
@xxScriptzxx
I got an email from HDFC to open HDFC Bank Exclusive Premium Salary Account as a corporate tieup with my company. The email shows IBR - 7 paisa for inward remittence. Does this 7 paisa depend on corporate company or based on my HDFC account type? I currently hold preferrred banking HDFC account. Can RM reduce this 7 to 5 paisa?

Also, if I upgrade my account to HDFC imperia banking will this reduce the 7 paisa further to 5 paisa?

thanks for this suggestion, this saves a ton of money as i was planning to liquidate around 40k $ RSUs, inter bank rate - 7 paisa is still a great deal definitely.
It's not inter bank rate - 7 paisa. It would be their TT Buy Rate published online + 7 Paisa. It's not beneficial actually. Private banks have lot of margin

It's not inter bank rate - 7 paisa. It would be their TT Buy Rate published online + 7 Paisa. It's not beneficial actually. Private banks have lot of margin
@xxScriptzxx or @FatReaper can you confirm if it is Inter bank rate or TT buy rate that will be applied for HDFC corporate account tieup? the email I received from HDFC rep says:
  • Inward remittance @ IBR – 7 Paise^ (An exclusive pricing on inward remittance)
I'm assuming this is IBR which is 82.5630 today vs TT Buy rate for HDFC which is 81.28 today, So is it gonna calculate at 82.5630 - 7 paisa here for HDFC corporate tieup account holders?

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@xxScriptzxx or @FatReaper can you confirm if it is Inter bank rate or TT buy rate that will be applied for HDFC corporate account tieup? the email I received from HDFC rep says:
  • Inward remittance @ IBR – 7 Paise^ (An exclusive pricing on inward remittance)
I'm assuming this is IBR which is 82.5630 today vs TT Buy rate for HDFC which is 81.28 today, So is it gonna calculate at 82.5630 - 7 paisa here for HDFC corporate tieup account holders?
Do a small transaction of 100$ and check first. Mostly likely it won't be interbank rate , rather TT rate.

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It is ibr rate. Please confirm with hdfc rm once based on your corporate tie up.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
IBR is internal to the bank and you wont be able to see anywhere. Check with bank if they tell the source or if it can be compared with any other rate.

msp

TF Buzz
I have gone through several threads like this and came to know that IOB gives best rate. So, I have opened an IOB account few weeks back. And my first transfer is in today. EUR is supposed to give 88.9. But I got only 86.76. That is very less. Lesser than ICICI and HDFC which I have used previously. And no explanation of charges from IOB and no invoice. How do I know more details on what went wrong?

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I have gone through several threads like this and came to know that IOB gives best rate. So, I have opened an IOB account few weeks back. And my first transfer is in today. EUR is supposed to give 88.9. But I got only 86.76. That is very less. Lesser than ICICI and HDFC which I have used previously. And no explanation of charges from IOB and no invoice. How do I know more details on what went wrong?
I believe everyone else on this thread had a USD transaction, only you had a EUR transaction and probably IOB does not offer good rates for EUR

Only way to know more details is to go to bank and ask

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
Capture453563.JPG
Strange, because IOB EUR TT Rates are at least INR 1 to 3 better than private banks. Maybe you're checking rates as of wrong date?