• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best bank account for inward remittance

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC salary and BOB savings account. I get RSUs and ESPPs and sell them to get money in my Indian account.

I use inward remittance quite often and HDFC is a pain with calling RM and asking them to get approval for better rates etc.

Do you guys have experience with this? Which bank gives best inward remittance rate with no manual process involved?

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tell your HDFC Imperia RM to give better rates.
I have imperia and for USD and GBP inward remittance, I get about 10 paise lower than interbank rate (XE) and likewise for outward remittance, I get 10 paise higher than XE interbank rate.

If not imperia, then you should use Indian overseas bank and pnb as they have the best forex card rates applicable to all their customers.
I called them, they offered 20p more than there tt buy rate.
I have a salary preferred account them. Its around 1ra less than XE

blacktiger

TF Premier
Not true. You can set your wise account details in the portal. It will come to wise.
it depends ,my company uses schwab and and when adding bank it says that the added bank account name should match with the person name of account. unless wise gives u a customised account, it might not work

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Okay. You can set the name as per PAN in both places.
I have not used wise and as per their website, i dont think it is possible. If you do, please share your story here. For big amounts, always better to choose iob. Its not worth the hassle if anything goes wrong

xxScriptzxx

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Tell your HDFC Imperia RM to give better rates.
I have imperia and for USD and GBP inward remittance, I get about 10 paise lower than interbank rate (XE) and likewise for outward remittance, I get 10 paise higher than XE interbank rate.

If not imperia, then you should use Indian overseas bank and pnb as they have the best forex card rates applicable to all their customers.
I am an imperia customer, and i still use IOB only. Even with 10 paise less, hdfc rates dont match iob. Hdfc do waive off the charges for imperia customers

VijayflyRaven

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I sent $100 to multiple banks on same day. I see interesting facts. Intermediary banks charge different for different target banks. I found KVB to be the only bank to beat iob. I have to wait to confirm it as KVB gave me oral price and yet to see it in bank statement. Since I have basic account, I could probably improve rate if they give extra for prestige customers.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I sent $100 to multiple banks on same day. I see interesting facts. Intermediary banks charge different for different target banks. I found KVB to be the only bank to beat iob. I have to wait to confirm it as KVB gave me oral price and yet to see it in bank statement. Since I have basic account, I could probably improve rate if they give extra for prestige customers.
so for 100$, what you received from different banks?
Also, what is the intermediate bank change that was incurred for different banks?

Last edited: