• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best bank account for inward remittance

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC salary and BOB savings account. I get RSUs and ESPPs and sell them to get money in my Indian account.

I use inward remittance quite often and HDFC is a pain with calling RM and asking them to get approval for better rates etc.

Do you guys have experience with this? Which bank gives best inward remittance rate with no manual process involved?

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC salary and BOB savings account. I get RSUs and ESPPs and sell them to get money in my Indian account.

I use inward remittance quite often and HDFC is a pain with calling RM and asking them to get approval for better rates etc.

Do you guys have experience with this? Which bank gives best inward remittance rate with no manual process involved?
Who is sending you the money?
If its you, then use wise or xe for remittance.

Else SBI/ axis good.

gauravraj

TF Premier
I've fixed the scraping. We'll now get data for Axis, HDFC, ICICI, SBI, IDBI, IOB, Canara and BOI. If anyone wants me to add any other bank let me kn

Who is sending you the money?
If its you, then use wise or xe for remittance.

Else SBI/ axis good.
Never use axis regular(easy access or liberty)
As Per my experience they charged approx 450 as ( service charges +gst charges + exchange value charges ) on my INR 24k approx

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i get that part.

also saw some mentioned some service charges, so checking..

so, apart from conversion variance bank won't charge any extra, right? like if received more than $2000, some 500rs. charges or $10000 then some 1500rs. charges.

w.r.t receiving part, not sending.
There is a gst component which gets charged for every transfer for HDFC, no other charges. Not sure about other banks.

Rex

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Normally IOB gives the best rate for inward remittance. However, in case of RSU/ESOP where broker is fidelity, YES Bank has a tie up with Fidelity and offers remittance with flat 20 paise margin (no other charges or GST) . Just had a word with Yes bank manager. So, you can plan accordingly

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Normally IOB gives the best rate for inward remittance. However, in case of RSU/ESOP where broker is fidelity, YES Bank has a tie up with Fidelity and offers remittance with flat 20 paise margin (no other charges or GST) . Just had a word with Yes bank manager. So, you can plan accordingly
Any other tie up with fidelity? Don't have yes bank account.