• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Being offered an upgrade to a HDFC CORE CARD Variant

arydestroyer

TF Buzz
Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how I had 3 pre approved cards and none of them were getting a LE. I am 20 and I don't have a salary slip or ITR.

After speaking to PNO again, they are willing to upgrade my Paytm HDFC card to Moneyback+ FYF. I have an Imperia relationship through family banking.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I negotiate further on this offer for a millennia card ?
2. My limit has been 25,000 with co branded cards, will it be comparatively easier to get pre approved limit increase on the moneyback+ card ?
3. They have given me a form in mail for credit card variant upgrade, and at the end of the form there is an option to add salary slip, do I need to attach it ?

Please guide me on the same, thank you.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how I had 3 pre approved cards and none of them were getting a LE. I am 20 and I don't have a salary slip or ITR.

After speaking to PNO again, they are willing to upgrade my Paytm HDFC card to Moneyback+ FYF. I have an Imperia relationship through family banking.

2. My limit has been 25,000 with co branded cards, will it be comparatively easier to get pre approved limit increase on the moneyback+ card ?
3. They have given me a form in mail for credit card variant upgrade, and at the end of the form there is an option to add salary slip, do I need to attach it ?

I will recommend you to get all your hdfc cards closed. Their LE & upgrades are a next level pain in the a**. And wait for pre approved millenia atleast.

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
ITR? If yes, then how long have you been filing them, or has someone on your behalf been filing them? For 2 years? Imperia Savings account: primary holder or family banking, in both, how much amount have you kept, and for approximately how many years? MoneyBack Plus issued when at initial limit and Infinia Metal FYF/LTF, through ULIP/Investment or no strings attached? Just to help out the OP, I have asked this. If an existing post/thread is there, just mention the URL if possible so OP can check out the post/thread
I have been filing ITR(8L) but i never produced it.
Imperia Primary account holder.
I have kept around 10-12L in it for approximately 2 years when i turned 18
Moneyback was issued with 3L limit and spends were 13L in 6 months ( mostly apple products)
I have few Fd’s and 2 ULIPS plans with them

I got the moneyback with age and income deviation approval with Cluster head approval.

Finally for Infinia they told me DCB metal is possible but I wanted infinia metal

I was purchasing a term plan from max life as the premium was low because of my age.
So i told my RM i will do a term plan with you guys if he can get me infinia and he said he’ll see what he can do.
And after that he got the approvals from the authorities.( not to mention i gave him 3 imperia accounts with initial funding of arround 50L)

And based on my spends/relation he got me infinia metal

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Giving this much they will not hesitate to give you Reserve also !
Moneyback was issued with 3L limit and spends were 13L in 6 months ( mostly apple products)

I got the moneyback with age and income deviation approval with Cluster head approval.

Finally for Infinia they told me DCB metal is possible but I wanted infinia metal

I was purchasing a term plan from max life as the premium was low because of my age.
So i told my RM i will do a term plan with you guys if he can get me infinia and he said he’ll see what he can do.
And after that he got the approvals from the authorities.( not to mention i gave him 3 imperia accounts with initial funding of arround 50L)

O

Please guide me on the same, thank you

Bro You Don't know the actual power of Imperia relationship...

Talk to BM or Escalate with higher authorities..

You deserve morethan millennia with undoubtedly LTF provision

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

thank you for detailed answer. that what I'm was looking for and knew my instinct was right.. now OP.. you can followed his Step.. only correction i think you need for fast CL & LE is to cancel existing cc cause from 25k to 3 lakhs will take 2-3 that too may be. and another 3 year. with investment both of thing can be sorted in couple of year not right way.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
O

Bro You Don't know the actual power of Imperia relationship...

Talk to BM or Escalate with higher authorities..

You deserve morethan millennia with undoubtedly LTF provision
nah that family banking program of imperia he hold, that holds no power(when rm will check of his, his primary holder info will show up not his).. until he keeps MAB balance. how I'm sure cause my I'm primary holder with my dad's added through family programme, and my info is showed up, and his spending was 7-10 lakhs and it his card variant is Moneyback with 2.70 lakhs somewhat limit. through RM i have asked for upgrade but he need investment only.

Last edited:

arydestroyer

TF Buzz
thank you for detailed answer. that what I'm was looking for and knew my instinct was right.. now OP.. you can followed his Step.. only correction i think you need for fast CL & LE is to cancel existing cc cause from 25k to 3 lakhs will take 2-3 that too may be. and another 3 year. with investment both of thing can be sorted in couple of year not right way.
Okay so I will talk to the BM once and PNO for increase in limit and millennia. If not, then I will close all cards and wait for a better pre approved offer.Does it sound good ?

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, please share more details on the same ? How much account balance to maintain and what exactly should I talk to my BM about ?
Ask your BM to take a product level approval based on existing imperia relationship, this should be easy, one recommendation from cluster head should do, post which they can process your card on an approval basis.

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With investment he can get dcb easily in one shot.
Also the limit can be increased to 5L

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Close the paytm hdfc card and sit down 🥸

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Age doesn’t matter.
I’m also 20 with an imperia savings account and i had moneyback plus previously which i upgraded to infinia metal.
Moneyback plus is a cursed card that won’t be easy to upgrade, you can check the forum about that.
And coming to millenia that won’t be possible because your limit is 25k and the floor limit for the millenia is 1L
Nah! I got millinea LTF with 70k limit via c2c offline application.

sidp

TF Ace
you need to have some patience. If an underwriter approves mid level cards with decent limit to college kids, and they start to default he would lose his job. So all your hope lies with BM. Discuss with him like an adult not like a bratty kid who wants new toys. And he would get the required clearance.

May be your parents are loaded(most important criteria), may be you have few lakh in sa balance or investment. Anything which shows YOU'RE NOT DESPERATE FOR CREDIT, YOU WANT IT FOR CONVENIENCE.

May be you are from a top tier college, about to earn in near future. You can also list down all the expense which you had to divert to someone else's card because your cl is low.

You definitely need to close 2 cards, may be all 3. If you plan to keep one hdfc card, spend more than 90% cl, but repay before bill generation date. For few months forget about any small cashback offer. Divert as much family/friends expenses through your cc/dc. Just with genuine transactions like Electricity/gas/dth/mobile/ grocery/fuel/ zomato/snacks you'll reach your cl.

Your last bet would be to ask for millenia if you do a fd or 1-1.5L( without lien). If he still doesn't agree, switch branch. (Talk to your parents beforehand if they are OK with it).

If everything else fails, do a fd based cc. Now the fd rates are decent. But do it in a bank which reports secured cc as unsecured so that you can use it for c2c. I think one card and indusind report as unsecured. Also you need to research which issuer easily converts secured cc to unsecured. Icici is much easier for converting secured to unsecured and also for LE when you compare with axis or hdfc.