• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Being offered an upgrade to a HDFC CORE CARD Variant

arydestroyer

TF Buzz
Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how I had 3 pre approved cards and none of them were getting a LE. I am 20 and I don't have a salary slip or ITR.

After speaking to PNO again, they are willing to upgrade my Paytm HDFC card to Moneyback+ FYF. I have an Imperia relationship through family banking.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I negotiate further on this offer for a millennia card ?
2. My limit has been 25,000 with co branded cards, will it be comparatively easier to get pre approved limit increase on the moneyback+ card ?
3. They have given me a form in mail for credit card variant upgrade, and at the end of the form there is an option to add salary slip, do I need to attach it ?

Please guide me on the same, thank you.

theflash

TF Premier
With imperia relationship, they can easily issue a regalia gold as collateral with 3 L limit, talk to BM and have it processed.
I have Preferred relationship and giving 3.4L ICICI Bank cc statement but they're giving money-back+ only they told as per banks internal policies I'm not eligible for regalia.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Some additional context : ITR approx? Any existing hdfc card ?

This is because regalia gold is categorised as a SPC ( Super premium card ) alongside infinia and dcb, product approval might be required. Ask the BM to take one.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hello guys, in the previous thread I had mentioned how I had 3 pre approved cards and none of them were getting a LE. I am 20 and I don't have a salary slip or ITR.

After speaking to PNO again, they are willing to upgrade my Paytm HDFC card to Moneyback+ FYF. I have an Imperia relationship through family banking.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Should I negotiate further on this offer for a millennia card ?
2. My limit has been 25,000 with co branded cards, will it be comparatively easier to get pre approved limit increase on the moneyback+ card ?
3. They have given me a form in mail for credit card variant upgrade, and at the end of the form there is an option to add salary slip, do I need to attach it ?

Please guide me on the same, thank you.

Money back!!! 🤔😳
That too Paid?
It's not paid you know it's pain!!! 😔

If you have a card of other bank to use
My recommendation will be you never ever take the money back card. The stone age will be over , iron age will be over , new age will come but a good card upgrade will not come.

You have imperia relationship. Close the Paytm hdfc card. Put some high balance in your account, make frequent transaction over all the banking channels like UPI , debit card, net banking etc. Wait for pre-approved or negotiate with your RM or BM. For at least millennia or higher.

If you are confused why am I recommending to close card when you actually want to take another card, just search upgrading business money back or money back.😜

Anything you want to add here @D₹V 🤪
As cardy said.
Since you have imperia banking status & meagre limit of 25k in Paytm card. And I believe you won't be interested in buying any ULIP/FDs etc. Also, you're eyeing millennia or above cards.

Then right thing to do is close all existing HDFC cards.

1. Update income details (salaried + ...) in net banking profile.
2. Do great spends (even 1₹ spends at different different places/merchants will create impact)
3. No need to buy any investment plan or any EMI purchase
4. Keep visiting net banking & keep opening credit card generic link & don't do anything. It'll trigger the system.
5. You'll receive pre approved credit card offer in Net banking section in next 6-12 months.
6. If you don't get your desired card, keep waiting for 6 months again. You might get Infinia as well as millennia too 🤭, who knows!! All you need is patience.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.