• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks in which debit card is not compulsory

Bob78900

TF Premier
List of banks in which debit card is not compulsory to use net banking or mobile banking or any other basic services?

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Even I was wondering.
NSDL : National Securities Depository Limited

It is a Payments Bank ( similar to Airtel Payments Bank) ...
Here too most customers are corporates, who deal in bulk transactions related to securities, as NSDL is one of the two main Depositories of India ( other being CDSL: Central Depository Securities Limited)

Each and every DEMAT account in India, is linked with either CDSL or NSDL.
So most of their customers are Banks having corporate accounts.

Note : NSDL is a Government Entity. In case that concerns anyone.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
The only drawback with nsdl is that they charge you fees to use amazon pay friday offer... They will charge around 30rs as service fee for amazon pay add money offer for rupay platinum cards offer... Nsdl offers virtual rupay platinum card with account....

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No.... Bob b3 plus account.... Dont require physical... It gives free virtual.. Its a zer0 balance account
I was thinking to open this account.
And I will get only virtual debit card and not a physical on coz I don't want a physical debit card, the bank wont send a physical debit card after the account is opened am I correct?

Coz the this I saw on their website is something attached below.

IMG_20220426_180350.jpg

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I was thinking to open this account.
And I will get only virtual debit card and not a physical on coz I don't want a physical debit card, the bank wont send a physical debit card after the account is opened am I correct?

Coz the this I saw on their website is something attached below.

IMG_20220426_180350.jpg
If you opt for.. During online application.... After account opening and vkyc... U can easily generate virtual card via bob world app....you will only get welcome kit after you open this account... Without opting debit card.... In welcome kit there will be 2-3 useless page of charges, t&c.... Nothing more...

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you opt for.. During online application.... After account opening and vkyc... U can easily generate virtual card via bob world app....you will only get welcome kit after you open this account... Without opting debit card.... In welcome kit there will be 2-3 useless page of charges, t&c.... Nothing more...
Last question:
Once we open this digital account in Bob would we able to convert it to normal savings account afterwards coz I had heard that we cannot convert it to normal one.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Last question:
Once we open this digital account in Bob would we able to convert it to normal savings account afterwards coz I had heard that we cannot convert it to normal one.
It works like any normal account..... Why to convert to any other account... You can deposit money, withdraw money.... Do online transactions... Have debit card physical or virtual... Only think missing is Cheque book... Which is a rare used feature.... And cheque book of sbi and hdfc are always recommend.. Due to vast network and easy acceptance.... You can use them

Bob78900

TF Premier
It works like any normal account..... Why to convert to any other account... You can deposit money, withdraw money.... Do online transactions... Have debit card physical or virtual... Only think missing is Cheque book... Which is a rare used feature.... And cheque book of sbi and hdfc are always recommend.. Due to vast network and easy acceptance.... You can use them
we will not get cheque book in bob digital account? i dont care wether it is paid or not. nowadays cheque book is not required but sometimes you need it big payments or cancelled cheque.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
we will not get cheque book in bob digital account? i dont care wether it is paid or not. nowadays cheque book is not required but sometimes you need it big payments or cancelled cheque.
Its not by default.... Its paid one... You have to request from branch... There is no free cheque book in it..... Like other bank give 10 or 25 leafs free... Nothing here