• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bali, Indonesia on Points and Miles

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi, I am also planning for Bali during June-July. Is the kris promo still running? If not how I can get to know about this when it will come back.
Hey
The promo was there in Oct 2023 , and as of now there are no such offers running , only option now are the spontaneous escapes but if your plans are concrete then waiting for spontaneous escapes would be a bit risky.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
That was an awesometrip.and you really utilozed the benefits of these cards..kudos... One thing I always find hard is how do you keep switching hotels? Meaning, you have to keep carrying your liggages every day or 2 when switching hotels. Ismt that a huge inconvenience and when you out all day visiting places, where do you keep those bags???

I totally agree with the Hotel Switching thing. I stopped frequent hotel changes for over 5 years now. My general requirement now is 3 Nights in one City (And in one Hotel), two is an absolute minimum. Did Bali & Mauritius both with 5 Nights Stays in a Single Hotel in both destinations and travelling around the islands in a hired car. Even my next destination is 12 Nights stay split in 4 Cities in a single country.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
it's just that we wanted to spend couple of nights in Capella have heard a lot of good reviews about that property
Capella is good thought a bit impractical due to its terrain especially in night.if you have small kids then you may face some difficulties.if you are looking for ubud then you can consider Mandapa also.which you can book on MB points.

also in kuta if you are looking for paid stay, check Anvaya beach Resort.its a good property

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Capella is good thought a bit impractical due to its terrain especially in night.if you have small kids then you may face some difficulties.if you are looking for ubud then you can consider Mandapa also.which you can book on MB points.

also in kuta if you are looking for paid stay, check Anvaya beach Resort.its a good property
Thanks for the suggestion
We were considering Mandappa but the points requirement are too high which didn't make much sense as I can get better value for my MB points in other locations.

After some research we narrowed down to Capella in Ubud , Apurva Kempinski in Nusa Dua and Grand Mercure in Seminyak.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the suggestion
We were considering Mandappa but the points requirement are too high which didn't make much sense as I can get better value for my MB points in other locations.

After some research we narrowed down to Capella in Ubud , Apurva Kempinski in Nusa Dua and Grand Mercure in Seminyak.
True Mandapa does have high points requirements.Both Capella and Apurva are very good properties.I am also a GHA Platinum member.do share your experience once you visit.

also if you get time check ritz carlton its next to Apurva Kempinski.last time when i checked it was available for 135K for 5 nights which is not bad at all.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
True Mandapa does have high points requirements.Both Capella and Apurva are very good properties.I am also a GHA Platinum member.do share your experience once you visit.

also if you get time check ritz carlton its next to Apurva Kempinski.last time when i checked it was available for 135K for 5 nights which is not bad at all.
135k for 5 nights is actually pretty good
For my dates , I am getting a deal for 256k for 5 at the base category room. revenue is like 1.6L

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Took your suggestion bro
Have booked 2 nights at Mandapa using MB got a good deal. 😊😊
Might cancel Capella later.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
135k for 5 nights is actually pretty good
For my dates , I am getting a deal for 256k for 5 at the base category room. revenue is like 1.6L
july -August rates are higher as its peak season.till june you will get it for around 180K.usually the good deals are from mid jan-feb.in this period you will get killer deals in all the properties.

Mandapa is very good.do share your experience.request the property for villa upgrade at least for a day. The staff is super nice if you are lucky you might get an upgrade to villa.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
july -August rates are higher as its peak season.till june you will get it for around 180K.usually the good deals are from mid jan-feb.in this period you will get killer deals in all the properties.

Mandapa is very good.do share your experience.request the property for villa upgrade at least for a day. The staff is super nice if you are lucky you might get an upgrade to villa.
Yeah Ritz Carlton is just too expensive. Was getting decent revenue rates on Amex FHR.
I think I will go with Apurva Kempinski or Sofitel for Nusa Dua.

For Mandapa I took the Ubud Pool Vila, would request for a river view upgrade , let's see.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So there is Pullman / Mercure near Kuta / Seminyak and Sofitel at Nusa Dua. But no Accor hotel at Ubud? Banyan tree is adults only so no use to me

Westin Ubud also seems expensive value wise for using MR points, plus no breakfast on redemption bookings

Looks like Ubud stays have to be on revenue only? Looking for May end dates

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
So there is Pullman / Mercure near Kuta / Seminyak and Sofitel at Nusa Dua. But no Accor hotel at Ubud? Banyan tree is adults only so no use to me

Westin Ubud also seems expensive value wise for using MR points, plus no breakfast on redemption bookings

For Ubud go with Marriot
Element provides free breakfast on redemption

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Requests for breakfast dint work?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
These are my tentative bookings for my upcoming trip to Bali

CCU-DPS ( 3 pax booked at 90k KF miles + 15k taxes for return Economy) Will try for upgrade at checkin to J

2 nights at Mandapa Ritz Carlton - ( 116k MB + 176usd per day )

1 night at Element Ubud ( 11k MB + 19 USD )

3 nights at Grand Mercure Seminyak (22k Accor points + 1400 INR )

2 nights at W Bali ( 150k MB )

For W Bali I have made another booking with plat charge concierge @ 80k INR for 2 nights with 100 USD hotel credit + complementary breakfast + complementary upgrade ( I might go with this one )

Both bookings are refundable till last day will decide with which one to go.

All bookings have complementary breakfast with them
Mandapa provides breakfast complementary for Redemption booking and Element does that too.

Will write a detailed blog on everything post my trip

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do let me know if anyone looking for Raffles Bali, I can book it under Accor STEP which gives 2+1 free nights and they allow points burning also ))