• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC):​

MCC 4112 is Railway category.

When we book Airline tickets on Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Yatra, Easymytrip websites/app. These merchant transactions reported MCC is 4112 and we will not get any cashback.

Please share other travel booking website, where you get cashback on airline tickets using SBI Cashback credit card.

5% Cashback eligible merchants list for flight bookings, shared by other users -

1) For flight booking on Agoda, got 5% cashback (Category - Lodging)

2) Booking on tataneu/airasia got the 5% cashback

3) i got for happyfares

4) Got cashback on Paytm flight booking

5) Intermiles

6) one person shared this - Booked flight tickets on Yatra website. Used Amazon pay payment gateway and paid via sbi cashback cc. Got 5%.

Last edited:

Vignesh M

TF Select
hi dunno if anyone is interested but there is an agency for booking flight tickets called akbar travels and it doesn’t give 5% cash back on booking. Realized it the hard way by paying 😭😭

ALOAK

TF Ace
Why do you want to book on akbar travels not worth it. Better to book directly on respective airline website u get better deal incase not try makemytrip . Akabar travels are worst never go for it.
hi dunno if anyone is interested but there is an agency for booking flight tickets called akbar travels and it doesn’t give 5% cash back on booking. Realized it the hard way by paying 😭😭

Vignesh M

TF Select
Why do you want to book on akbar travels not worth it. Better to book directly on respective airline website u get better deal incase not try makemytrip . Akabar travels are worst never go for it.
Yeah it was not special but my dad had old offline relationship with them so booked for him. Should change next time. Thnks

kiri

TF Buzz
thanks for telling me that mmt not giving cashback, but I use Agoda for hotel booking and I get 5% cashback but not confirm after 1 May because I booked hotel before 1 May.
i also lost 5% cashback on EaseMyTrip due to wrong MCC code and bank customer care call center told me that you are eligible for 5% but its takes 7 days to credit but when I raise complaint from Sbicard app they told me I was not eligible for it due to MCC code they count in Railway MCC code in EaseMyTrip.
Hi! Can you guide me how to raise a complaint on the SBI card app? I dont see the relevant options

There is no way of doing that. For the same merchant, there can be multiple MCCs assigned depending on what service you are availing. The best way is to make a small transaction and ask the customer care about the MCC.
It is not possible as the txn. MCC is random!! My one flight booking of 17k did not fetch cashback as the MCC was Railways but then for next txn. of 14k got 5% cashback.....both txns. done on Cleartrip!!