• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC):​

MCC 4112 is Railway category.

When we book Airline tickets on Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Yatra, Easymytrip websites/app. These merchant transactions reported MCC is 4112 and we will not get any cashback.

Please share other travel booking website, where you get cashback on airline tickets using SBI Cashback credit card.

5% Cashback eligible merchants list for flight bookings, shared by other users -

1) For flight booking on Agoda, got 5% cashback (Category - Lodging)

2) Booking on tataneu/airasia got the 5% cashback

3) i got for happyfares

4) Got cashback on Paytm flight booking

5) Intermiles

6) one person shared this - Booked flight tickets on Yatra website. Used Amazon pay payment gateway and paid via sbi cashback cc. Got 5%.

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
-- > So basically I am looking to hear from those people who fall in this category.

--> Even the customer is not at fault if a purchase for X category is tagged incorrect with Y category's MCC code. It doesn't matter who gave the incorrect MCC code, the payment provider / bank / whoever , We have the right to complain and to escalate if the customer care does not help. If someone in the forum is successfully able to get this sorted till the level of nodal officer, this gives others hope.
Go ahead, who is stopping you from complaining 😂 But if you believe that SBI is at fault here, then you are mistaken. At the end of the day, the cashback you receive comes from somewhere, and they are here to do business, not charity. According to their terms and conditions, the MCC for railways is excluded. It's not SBI that issued this MCC to Yatra or MMT; it was done by another bank or payment gateway. So, why blame SBI for something in which they have no involvement? As I mentioned, as a one-time exception, they might provide you with the cashback, but it won't work for everyone. It's better to raise this issue with the merchant. It may take some time, but when several customers raise the same issue, there is a possibility that the merchant will attempt to resolve it. For now, I'm done with this thread and trying to explain how the MCC works. ✌️

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Has anyone tried to escalate this "missing cashback due to incorrect MCC " issue till Nodal Officer level via sbi app / site ? Any luck ?
How to raise it to nodal? I am trying since few days but escalation button is not working on site neither customer care agents are escalating it on behalf of me, they just try to tell their nonsense reasons.

pratikjain4

TF Premier
How to raise it to nodal? I am trying since few days but escalation button is not working on site neither customer care agents are escalating it on behalf of me, they just try to tell their nonsense reasons.
The escalate button on the app / website worked for me and the communication continued with nodal after that. Try again maybe ?

Cardfan

TF Buzz
Last month easemytrip hotel booking worth 10k was not given cashback and this month flight ticket worth 11k booked on makemytrip was not given cashback.

Urban Clap technologies transaction of Rs 3k was also excluded from cashback

This card Is now pretty much useless

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Slightly off topic,
Is wallet loading transaction counted towards annual fee waiver limit for SBI Cashback CC ( or any other SBI CC for that matter)?
I know it won't be considered for CB or rewards..
I could not find in any of their documents..

Thanks in advance

ydharia

TF Buzz
Easymytrip 0% cashback on SBI Cashback card.

After 1 month of waiting i get call from SBI card CS head office,
they told me that MCC not assign by them, its decided by network (VISA/RUPAY/Master) and merchant side, so they can't tell about MCC code.
i asked then which hotel and flight booking website is include 5% cashback, but they just told me they don't know about this, MCC code is not on their side.

pratikjain4

TF Premier

they told me that MCC not assign by them, its decided by network (VISA/RUPAY/Master) and merchant side, so they can't tell about MCC code.
i asked then which hotel and flight booking website is include 5% cashback, but they just told me they don't know about this, MCC code is not on their side.
Yeah, even my spends at both makemytrip and cleartrip gave 0% , due to wrongly tagged Railways MCC. As end-users this is frustrating, because you never know which spend will be wrongly tag as ineligible for cashbacks.

nitrogenSingh

TF Premier
TF Family

when did you do the transaction?

mr_vasanth

TF Premier
Yes, I got 5% CB for goibibo transaction...
Observation: While the transaction was in process it was showing as "makemytrip"( as it is the holding company). Once settled its now displaying as "Goibibo". I think at this point MCC code will be assigned.

1687497825127.png

1687497874568.png
Rs.201 cashback on Rs.29478 unbilled outstanding is too less. It is not even 1%.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Ok but in that case, if we go to SBI telling it's flight tickets under 4112 so give cashback, will they listen now that they have already stated that MCC is excluded in their T&Cs?
No u can try and send the ticket copy and date of transaction. They just can't decline because of wring MCC displayed they need to correct as it is genuine.there is a team called VAC usually called voice Auth care eho deal with merchants they actually have the access to change it.once they get proof it was flight ticket and MCC is not related to it. Try and see what they say but record the call for future dispute with RBI ombudsman then they will change codes automatically it is not your mistake it is the banks mistake and the service provider. Write to both of them. First step nothing then escalate it even then nothing rbi last.

ALOAK

TF Ace
No u can try and send the ticket copy and date of transaction. They just can't decline because of wring MCC displayed they need to correct as it is genuine.there is a team called VAC usually called voice Auth care eho deal with merchants they actually have the access to change it.once they get proof it was flight ticket and MCC is not related to it. Try and see what they say but record the call for future dispute with RBI ombudsman then they will change codes automatically it is not your mistake it is the banks mistake and the service provider. Write to both of them. First step nothing then escalate it even then nothing rbi last.
It is like cheating one way