• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad experience with Axis Traveledge for international flight rebooking

I had booked a ticket on Axis Traveledge which required a date change.
Here started the horrible experience. For international tickets, there is no way to do an online change or to do it over the phone. It HAS to be done via email.
This led to multiple emails to check if there are seats available on different dates and what the price would be. Everytime I would ask for a date, they would take a few hours to get back with the availability and price. Finally when I selected a date and price, by the time the final email came, the price had gone 2x to the initial price.
And then finally when they sent the payment link, it expired within 10-15 minutes so I could not pay.
And then, they said seats are not available for any date I wanted.
And then finally, out of frustration, I asked what would the refund be if I cancelled, and after 3-4 back and forth emails of them telling me the cancellation charges PLUS onward fare (which they could not tell me) and then on the phone at first saying its non refundable and then saying yes it is and then giving a refund amount which was absolutely absurd on the higher side, I just told them to cancel the ticket.

BEWARE on using them for international travel if you might have a change in dates - its not worth the 5x

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Its always better to book direct. Third party websites (mmt, cleartip, bank portals etc) may provide you points, extra discounts but once you want flexibility or want to change something you are in for a painful journey. Covid showed why it was important to book direct.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Yes, always book directly from the airline preferably from their own office if not from their website. It would also be prudent to get a airline-agnostic card just for this, like Axis Atlas which gives 10% return on bookings done directly on airline websites.

jainsuk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had booked a ticket on Axis Traveledge which required a date change.
Here started the horrible experience. For international tickets, there is no way to do an online change or to do it over the phone. It HAS to be done via email.
This led to multiple emails to check if there are seats available on different dates and what the price would be. Everytime I would ask for a date, they would take a few hours to get back with the availability and price. Finally when I selected a date and price, by the time the final email came, the price had gone 2x to the initial price.
And then finally when they sent the payment link, it expired within 10-15 minutes so I could not pay.
And then, they said seats are not available for any date I wanted.
And then finally, out of frustration, I asked what would the refund be if I cancelled, and after 3-4 back and forth emails of them telling me the cancellation charges PLUS onward fare (which they could not tell me) and then on the phone at first saying its non refundable and then saying yes it is and then giving a refund amount which was absolutely absurd on the higher side, I just told them to cancel the ticket.

BEWARE on using them for international travel if you might have a change in dates - its not worth the 5x
Had similar experience. If potential for date change, then travel edge is a nightmare. I just cancelled the booking and lost money.