• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Infinite closure

Darkseid

TF Neo
Hi all,

I have been following this community for a while now as a bystander.

However, I do now have a question I need your help with.

I own an Axis Vistara Infinite card (got it in Jan 2023), which I want to close. I stopped using the card in early January and waited for the statement to be generated. I do not see much value in paying 11.8k for a card in exchange of a business class ticket. Please keep in mind that I crossed 7.5L spends in the past years, thus earning 4 business class tickets, but still see no value, when Axis also has Atlas card, which has a higher Vistara transfer ratio (min. 4% vs. 3%). I recently got the Axis Atlas card (yet to be activated) as the replacement for VI .

I was unsure of the renewal date for the VI card. I checked on the app 2 days back and saw that the renewal fee and GST (Rs. 11800) was charged on Jan 17. Unfortunately, there was an autopay mandate from Google Play on that card and it charged ~750 rupees on Jan 20. I called customer care 2 days back asking for the VI card to be cancelled and the renewal fee to be refunded. They mentioned that since there is one transaction after the renewal fee was levied, they would be unable to reverse the annual fees, but they can offer 3000 CV points for retention/loyalty in addition to the business class ticket and CV Gold status. I still want to go ahead and close the card, and obviously, do not want to pay the renewal fees. Also, I have paid off all dues including the autopay charge in this cycle, except for the renewal fee and GST. My last month's statement was ~60k, which translates to 1800 CV points which I should get by start of Feb.

Please advise as to what I should do here. Also, should I try closing after CV points are posted to my Vistara account? Thanks in advance.

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'd value business class ticket at 7.5k to be fair. That'd make the return ~6% CV points which is better than base return of atlas. And since they're offering 3000 CV points for retention , renewal fee also almost gets balanced.

And personally I prefer the benefits I'm getting with CV gold like priority baggage and special entry lounge access with those long lines. One main reason I took it is due to big insurance payments in which the rewards on rest of the cards are pretty mediocre and vistara cards beat the rest.

In your situation, in case they're not cancelling the card siting transaction post annual fee, you can churn the renewal benefits and cancel the card anyway or keep it for offers based usage

I'd value business class ticket at 7.5k to be fair. That'd make the return ~6% CV points which is better than base return of atlas. And since they're offering 3000 CV points for retention , renewal fee also almost gets balanced.

And personally I prefer the benefits I'm getting with CV gold like priority baggage and special entry lounge access with those long lines. One main reason I took it is due to big insurance payments in which the rewards on rest of the cards are pretty mediocre and vistara cards beat the rest.

In your situation, in case they're not cancelling the card siting transaction post annual fee, you can churn the renewal benefits and cancel the card anyway or keep it for offers based usage
Does VI still RP on Insurance payments after devaluation?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I own an Axis Vistara Infinite card (got it in Jan 2023), which I want to close. I stopped using the card in early January and waited for the statement to be generated. I do not see much value in paying 11.8k for a card in exchange of a business class ticket. Please keep in mind that I crossed 7.5L spends in the past years, thus earning 4 business class tickets, but still see no value, when Axis also has Atlas card, which has a higher Vistara transfer ratio (min. 4% vs. 3%). I recently got the Axis Atlas card (yet to be activated) as the replacement for VI .

I was unsure of the renewal date for the VI card. I checked on the app 2 days back and saw that the renewal fee and GST (Rs. 11800) was charged on Jan 17. Unfortunately, there was an autopay mandate from Google Play on that card and it charged ~750 rupees on Jan 20. I called customer care 2 days back asking for the VI card to be cancelled and the renewal fee to be refunded. They mentioned that since there is one transaction after the renewal fee was levied, they would be unable to reverse the annual fees, but they can offer 3000 CV points for retention/loyalty in addition to the business class ticket and CV Gold status. I still want to go ahead and close the card, and obviously, do not want to pay the renewal fees. Also, I have paid off all dues including the autopay charge in this cycle, except for the renewal fee and GST. My last month's statement was ~60k, which translates to 1800 CV points which I should get by start of Feb.

Please advise as to what I should do here. Also, should I try closing after CV points are posted to my Vistara account? Thanks in advance.
its a gd card if u fly vistara.. excellent infact if u fly vistara.. with the fees also.. gd returns, priority treatment and biz class tkts each can be valued at 20k.. totally worth the chgs.. catch is that u shd be a regular vistara flyer.. else it becomes a waste as there is no other redemption option..

adi_0001

TF Buzz
Hi all,

I also hold Axis Vistara Signature variant card and after the devaluation, I do not see value in it, but a bit confused as it gives premium Economy ticket with the renewal charges of 3k whereas IDFC charges 5k for same.
Not sure whether I should keep this only for renewal benefit as I will not be able to meet the spends criteria now.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I also hold Axis Vistara Signature variant card and after the devaluation, I do not see value in it, but a bit confused as it gives premium Economy ticket with the renewal charges of 3k whereas IDFC charges 5k for same.
Not sure whether I should keep this only for renewal benefit as I will not be able to meet the spends criteria now.
if u fly vistara regularly then keep it.. else its like any other card.. reward rates are 3.33.% upwards for infinite and signature is slightly lower.. but only cv points.. one premium eco tkt is worth atleast 7-10k depending on sector so you do recover your fee easily

Darkseid

TF Neo

I do fly Vistara around 10-15 times a year and it definitely is a great experience with the priority services and all. However, when you factor in the 7.5 lakh milestone, you get a minimum of 55k CV points with Atlas card and 25.5k CV points and 4 business class tickets with the VI card (after paying respective joining/renewal fees). I usually fly a sector which costs 4000 CV points in economy. Also, I can do without the CV Gold membership, since lounge access will still be possible through other cards.

For insurance spends, I use the Amex Plat Travel as it counts towards milestones.

adi_0001

TF Buzz
if u fly vistara regularly then keep it.. else its like any other card.. reward rates are 3.33.% upwards for infinite and signature is slightly lower.. but only cv points.. one premium eco tkt is worth atleast 7-10k depending on sector so you do recover your fee easily
Thanks for response, I am going to keep it.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
That is a good idea even cards like ATLAS fail to be on par even with my Infinia on one hand its Infinite that goes to the other due to the sheer CV points I can earn and for everything else there is the HDFC Infinia.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That is a good idea even cards like ATLAS fail to be on par even with my Infinia on one hand its Infinite that goes to the other due to the sheer CV points I can earn and for everything else there is the HDFC Infinia.
i am thinking of swapping dcb for infinia.. weighing the pros and cons

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
i am thinking of swapping dcb for infinia.. weighing the pros and cons
Whats the CL for the DCB anything over 8L is gonna be a go. In the other end I have been trying to get the DCB along with the Infinia which I am failing at very badly.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have applied and even with a 9L limit on DCB "Alumni Offer" got rejected. My salary is not very high at 14L CTC and me being 33 years old might also play into the equation.
got approval for infinia metal FYF as upgrade to DCB... have to agree? thinking