• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara card application - online vs airport kiosk

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,
Is there any benefit in applying for axis Vistara credit card through the airport kiosk vs the website ?

The ideal way would have been by applying via customer support but they are not accepting any card application citing some new RBI rules.

I have a 8 month old flipkart card , will it be better to apply for a new axis card online , or should I apply at the kiosk ?

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
apply in kiosk or branch and use c2c if u have other high limit card. also i guess dont disclose about the flipkart card or they will tend to give the same shared limit.

Reactions: BMR

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks. So I applied for the Vistara infinite card at Delhi airport kiosk. I gave my apay icici credit card statement for c2c

My cibil is 793 right now and there were 2 hard enquiries in aug and sept respectively and 2 new cards added , but they will be reported after 30th aug in cibil.

What are my chances of my approval for this card ? Are they very strict with the issuance of this card , or is it fairly easy to get considering there’s a high annual fee involved ?

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks. So I applied for the Vistara infinite card at Delhi airport kiosk. I gave my apay icici credit card statement for c2c

My cibil is 793 right now and there were 2 hard enquiries in aug and sept respectively and 2 new cards added , but they will be reported after 30th aug in cibil.

What are my chances of my approval for this card ? Are they very strict with the issuance of this card , or is it fairly easy to get considering there’s a high annual fee involved ?
looks like it will be approved for sure . what was the limit of the apay card, age and utilisation. they will check these

also did they ask for income and salary etc. and did they ask if u have existing axis card. and let us know what limit do u get

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
looks like it will be approved for sure . what was the limit of the apay card, age and utilisation. they will check these

also did they ask for income and salary etc. and did they ask if u have existing axis card. and let us know what limit do u get
Thanks for your response. apay was issued in 2019. The current limit is 8.4 lacs. The last statement due was 20k.

He only asked for the other bank card statement. He just noted the rest of the details like monthly salary, company etc. but didn't ask for any proof. He also asked if I have any banking relationship with Axis and I told him no.

Will update the thread on what happens.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your response. apay was issued in 2019. The current limit is 8.4 lacs. The last statement due was 20k.

He only asked for the other bank card statement. He just noted the rest of the details like monthly salary, company etc. but didn't ask for any proof. He also asked if I have any banking relationship with Axis and I told him no.

Will update the thread on what happens.
likely u will get the card with 8L limit. let us know how it goes

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have applied through Kiosk itself a couple of years back, C2C!
Airport Kiosk definitely provides one the most seamless application experience!
My adhaar biometric was locked, and I could not do the in-person adhaar verifcation at the Kiosk. Does anyone knows what happens next?

Could you please tell me the process and the timeline? Like do they send the link for vkyc etc?

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Sorry, my process was through in-person biometric verification itself!
They just verified through my thumb-print!
Asked me for my CC’s statment and done! They have processed 2 cards! And they have been delivered with 7 days!

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My application was declined today.

I visited the branch and showed them my docs and they say your documents are in order and if should have got approved. They are trying to find a reason for the decline post which they said they will process my application afresh.

Is there a cooling period in axis after decline ? Branch told me no.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I visited the branch and showed them my docs and they say your documents are in order and if should have got approved. They are trying to find a reason for the decline post which they said they will process my application afresh.

what how come it is declined. everything was in order. let the branch give the actual reason for decline.
one that could be is address issue. don't let them apply again without giving the reason and cite rbi guidelines.
there is cooling of 3-6 months but if branch is sure about approval and figures out the reason apply before that

Last edited:

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
what how come it is declined. everything was in order. let the branch give the actual reason for decline.
Even I am shocked. Maybe income proof was not given and they did not value my Amazon pay cc statement. Don’t know. I’ll post more info as I find out.

HB25

TF Buzz

Axis bank doesn't have any logic or sense behind rejection. It's like taking a gamble with them.

I applied for a basic card back in feb, got declined. They gave no reason. 4 days later got a message that it is approved. Same application!!!

(This is when I have an auto loan from them which I have been paying on time for past 2.5 years)

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
one that could be is address issue. don't let them apply again without giving the reason and cite rbi guidelines.
there is cooling of 3-6 months but if branch is sure about approval and figures out the reason apply before that
Yeah. I have told them to find out the reason and get me the card , and in return , the banker has asked me to open a savings account in her branch , which I will certainly do if they get me the card.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis bank doesn't have any logic or sense behind rejection. It's like taking a gamble with them.

I applied for a basic card back in feb, got declined. They gave no reason. 4 days later got a message that it is approved. Same application!!!

(This is when I have an auto loan from them which I have been paying on time for past 2.5 years)
And I was sulking thinking I am not credit worthy :-(

Should I mail the cc and attach all docs, and ask them to re-consider ? I know bank of Baroda reconsiders a rejected application , don’t know about axis.

HB25

TF Buzz
And I was sulking thinking I am not credit worthy :-(

Should I mail the cc and attach all docs, and ask them to re-consider ? I know bank of Baroda reconsiders a rejected application , don’t know about axis.
You could try but with Axis it's hit or miss. I would say take your chances, doesn't hurt. Axis hai thoda fight karoge toh mil sakta hai.

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge

They have pretty weird logic I guess, I have applied for Flipkart cc, they declined it twice (gap of 1 months). Post that, I aplied for Magnus, and by luck it got approved! I am not sure what they are looking for!
I applied for magnus after 2 months of getting the rejection of Flipkart cc.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They have pretty weird logic I guess, I have applied for Flipkart cc, they declined it twice (gap of 1 months). Post that, I aplied for Magnus, and by luck it got approved! I am not sure what they are looking for!
I applied for magnus after 2 months of getting the rejection of Flipkart cc.
That’s weird. I have a flipkart cc which was effortless. I have travel plans for october for which this Vistara card would have been ideal. Let me try my luck.