• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis deducting points for non-personal use txns

Shoxie

TF Premier
Never bought a car, so don't know the modus operandi. Assuming we are paying in full via CC, how does this go ? We choose a car, dealer quotes , we pay down-payment and the rest after few weeks post statement generation ? wouldn't the dealer demand interest here.
No, dealer will not demand interest.. Sales will take place only after you make the full payment. There's no concept of delayed payment after a sale here.

The sale takes place only after full payment, or sanction of loan from a bank, after you make down payment with cc

Strange

TF Legend
Found this on twitter.
GGzKdpCaAAAdYVC
They have mentioned this in card member agreement? @S S V any idea what are they talking about?

Link to the pdf: https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/card-member-agreement.pdf

1708624552770.png

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

raviemailid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got an email from Axis Bank as well. It broadly says Travel Category, but I have done a lot of travel using this card, using international business class travel. I am planning to call CC tomorrow and ask for which travel are they talking about and what proof they want. I did do the travel.

I have Infinia as well - something tells me I need to move all of my expenses to Infinia - Axis Bank is just not trustworthy. I have 1.17L edge miles.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 7.36.13 PM.png

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I got an email from Axis Bank as well. It broadly says Travel Category, but I have done a lot of travel using this card, using international business class travel. I am planning to call CC tomorrow and ask for which travel are they talking about and what proof they want. I did do the travel.

I have Infinia as well - something tells me I need to move all of my expenses to Infinia - Axis Bank is just not trustworthy. I have 1.17L edge miles.

Chalo mujhe bhi aa gaya. Kya gawar log hai yeh. Travel card hai travel pe hi use karenge na log.

Got the same email. I have multiple Axis cards - it doesn't even specify which card they are referring to. Have emailed them to ask about details of transaction including which card to be shared. Lets see if they are cooperative

indiatraveller

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Just received the same email. I have asked them what merchants and transactions they require details for. I have only used my card for personal travel expenses for myself and my immediate family, for which I can share all details they require.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Just received the same email. I have asked them what merchants and transactions they require details for. I have only used my card for personal travel expenses for myself and my immediate family, for which I can share all details they require.
If you can share those details, then you're good to go. Keep pushing them and asking for specifics. Stay firm that you cannot provide details for all the transactions and that is your right to privacy. Ask them for specific transactions and they shall oblige.

agnir

TF Buzz
Received the same notice, I extensively used Park+ it has MCC of Travel category can't really provide all the invoices too time taking. Its my main card thinking of getting yes reserve or DCB now.

RTR01

TF Premier
Received the same notice, I extensively used Park+ it has MCC of Travel category can't really provide all the invoices too time taking. Its my main card thinking of getting yes reserve or DCB now.
Is park+ giving 5 miles for 100 for atlas?

techt

TF Legend
This could be the trigger point for these mails.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
This could be the trigger point for these mails.
Whatever the trigger may be, AXIS is worse from the reliability perspective…
Just one simple thing.. why would they allow very lucrative reward programs and implement them very loosely from the beginning and then tighten the noose later by mass cancellation, sudden devaluation, implementing a very complex structure later on etc…
This is well beyond imagination… very unprofessionally run big Bank in India..

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Whatever the trigger may be, AXIS is worse from the reliability perspective…
Just one simple thing.. why would they allow very lucrative reward programs and implement them very loosely from the beginning and then right the noose later by mass cancellation, sudden devaluation, implementing a very complex structure later on etc…
This is well beyond imagination… very unprofessionally run big Bank in India..
Seduce and destroy.. Like a w..e.