• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis decline reason

Tazact

TF Select
I have been chronically declined by Axis for their range of cards. All channels applied, opened bank saving a/c, waited for Pre approved offer but couldn't get cc after 5 year & 15+ cc applications.
Worst grievance system, everybody knows very well (Bank's internal policy/credit norm).
One of through banks channel i could get a reply of rejection but still it's a Pandora's Box.

Holding HDFC/SBI/ICICI/SC/YES/PNB/ONE/AMEX/KOTAK/CITI & RBL(FD) CC from last couple of years. Limits are pretty decent on all.
CIBIL 788
Axis is reporting to CIBIL (As a replacement of CITI)
Stable Govt Job In Delhi with 16+ ITR
(Had dual PAN issue which was surrendered & Deactivated by IT Department in August 2023)
Now how to get Axis cc?

Attachments

• 20240221_162148.jpg
    20240221_162148.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 129

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That's the only suspect i assume but its already Inactived by IT Department (Confirmed letter) 6 months ago. Also in recent offline application c2c i endorsed the PAN Deletion letter with card statement. But it also got rejected. So pissed off!
Yar dual PAN means don't assume whatever you think.

Axis usually rejects the application even who has good cibil & relationship with other banks and stable income.
I will give simple example, Amex won’t generally give cards to the people who are in the occupation of “ Real estate business “…
Like that we don’t know what AXIS has in their rule book..( May be dual PAN holder)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Why the hell Axis doesn't cross check the status of any Dual PAN red flag at their end. Is it like once a dual pan assigned even if you get deleted from IT your entry wouldn't get deleted by bank. Axis should fetch correct data everytime. Application shouldn't be declined on old data.
Correct, unfortunately that is lapse on the organisation’s part.
I will tell you why..
Because it’s not part of their regular day to day business activities which drives their regular income…
It is part of their exceptions…
Someone has to kick this long slept exception rule book and keep it updated..

Note:
All the above is my guess work..
Most of the times my guess work turns into reality.. rarely it fails

Tazact

TF Select
I will give simple example, Amex won’t generally give cards to the people who are in the occupation of “ Real estate business “…
Like that we don’t know what AXIS has in their rule book..( May be dual PAN holder)
But sir presently I am not a dual PAN holder. Its a 6 month old fact.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_185723_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_185723_Drive.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 21
  • Hehe
Reactions: SSV

techt

TF Legend
Because a lot of people seek my advice in getting their rejected applications analysed and re apply if possible.
In this process I came to know this.
I don't have any document to provide you as a proof.
I am not asking proof. But curious about how are you finding those patterns.
Definitely an old patient is better than a new doctor. With no offense to @DocFixIt

Makes sense otherwise with Amex Centurion, there would be some legendary Fintos buying Taj Hotel itself.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am not asking proof. But curious about how are you finding those patterns.
Definitely an old patient is better than a new doctor. With no offense to @DocFixIt

Makes sense otherwise with Amex Centurion, there would be some legendary Fintos buying Taj Hotel itself.
I generally take some problematic issues and try to solve them, this way we can learn a lot.
In one case with an ITR of more than one crore with real estate occupation, amex card was declined inspite of escalating it to higher levels in the Amex..
It's just not only about telling the facts, how you present the facts also matter.
Unfortunately a lot of times , people come to me after it was rejected..
If it was before the application was made , then we could still be successful by presenting the case in a more compelling manner.

My knowledge about CC amd rewards game was almost at a basic level about 8 months ago. Now I learnt heaps.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
I generally take some problematic issues and try to solve them, this way we can learn a lot.
My knowledge about CC amd rewards game is almost at basic level about 8 months ago. Now I learnt heaps.
That's exactly how we learn about the system and message boards like these are a blessing.
Fellow Fintos have better knowledge than the bank agents or their bots.

Again a great decision for using heap memory, else it would have been a stackoverflow with your overflowing knowledge.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

Akash Topder

TF Premier
I had atleast 4-5 Axis rejections. What worked for me is to go with cobrand route (FK card) and then open a savings account. Was able to get 2 more axis cards afterwords and waiting for 3rd card. The preapproved section is also showing Ace card (which I don't need as of now). Only Airtel card is out of reach for me among Axis entry level cards.
Your issue seems to be peculiar. Dual PAN problem may be the case. Maybe other people with 2 PANs who tried to apply Axis can shed more light on this.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That's exactly how we learn about the system and message boards like these are a blessing.
Fellow Fintos have better knowledge than the bank agents or their bots.

Again a great decision for using heap memory, else it would have been a stackoverflow with your overflowing knowledge.
I have updated my previous post

Tazact

TF Select
I had atleast 4-5 Axis rejections. What worked for me is to go with cobrand route (FK card) and then open a savings account. Was able to get 2 more axis cards afterwords and waiting for 3rd card. The preapproved section is also showing Ace card (which I don't need as of now). Only Airtel card is out of reach for me among Axis entry level cards.
Your issue seems to be peculiar. Dual PAN problem may be the case. Maybe other people with 2 PANs who tried to apply Axis can shed more light on this.
FK app showing Coming Soon on application tab since ages....
Have saving a/c with Axis but no help.