• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Credit Card Statement

My Axis credit card statement gets generated 14th of every month but this time its not yet generated.

I contacted their web support and they told me its not generated because I haven't done any transaction.

Is this a policy of axis bank to not generate statement if no transactions is done on the card in a billing cycle.
Shouldn't they should generate the statement regardless of it even if the value is 0?
Or they simply giving stupid answer or axis bank does have this kind of policy?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
My Axis credit card statement gets generated 14th of every month but this time its not yet generated.

I contacted their web support and they told me its not generated because I haven't done any transaction.

Is this a policy of axis bank to not generate statement if no transactions is done on the card in a billing cycle.
Shouldn't they should generate the statement regardless of it even if the value is 0?
Problem kya hai agar statement generate nahi hua
Sbi ka bhi same hai agar last billing cycle mein koi transaction nahi Kiya to statement generate nahi hota hai

Problem kya hai agar statement generate nahi hua
Sbi ka bhi same hai agar last billing cycle mein koi transaction nahi Kiya to statement generate nahi hota hai
There is no specific problem, I just wanted to be sure that they really don't generate statement if no transactions are done, since it was the first time. So was wondering if it was some technical glitch or bank policy.
Earlier I always had some transaction on the card.
And I was planning to use this card for C2C application once it hit 1 year of age and given other banks need 2-3 months of statement. It could be a problem if they simply don't generate statement if I don't keep transacting on the card for 3 months before using it for c2c just to receive statements.

That's a logical policy followed by most, if not all, banks. What would be the point of generating statements showing no transactions?!
Agreed. It was actually the first time so it had me confusing. The credit card in question is MyZone, before devaluation always used it at least 3-4 times each month now its just useless.
Thanks for clearing the doubt.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
There is no specific problem, I just wanted to be sure that they really don't generate statement if no transactions are done, since it was the first time. So was wondering if it was some technical glitch or bank policy.
Earlier I always had some transaction on the card.
And I was planning to use this card for C2C application once it hit 1 year of age and given other banks need 2-3 months of statement. It could be a problem if they simply don't generate statement if I don't keep transacting on the card for 3 months before using it for c2c just to receive statements.
If you use your credit card 1 time in 12 months so your credit card will be 1 year old
So that not a problem if you use credit card or not
But some banks ask last 2 to 3 month statement or First statement or last statement

helloworld

TF Legend

unless there is a credit/debit then no statement for any bank, AFAIK. And some banks report this to CIBIL as 'XXX = not reported = this time no spends' which you don't have to worry much.

There must be atleast one credit/debit transaction, then only statement will be generated. Btw, no communication either from some banks - they hate you :)

Thanks everyone for clearing this up for me.
I had been using multiple credit cards since 2 years and this was the first time I left a card without a single credit/debit transaction, so I was not aware of it.
I was under the impression that they send out statement regardless of transaction or at least "no transaction" monthly notification through email just how they do with Bank accounts which I keep getting monthly email notifications from bank even though there was no transaction for the month. Now I understand why.
At least now I know that I should keep using the card for 2-3 months if I plan to used it for c2c process.

kishorvr

TF Premier

Icici too does not generate statements when no transactions. In 2023, they sent February bill. Next time I used ICICI was in November, so they sent me a bill spanning March to December 2023. It was wierd.