• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Burgundy Magnus: Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hello everyone!

So finally the day has come. People who are eligible started receiving Burgundy Magnus cards. It took about 3 days to get the card to us.

I’ll keep updating this post with the updates. Will try to keep it as minimal as possible.

• There’s no difference in terms of appearance between the regular Magnus and Burgundy Magnus.

• 65B4E13B-1D6F-4CAB-BF75-4B31B5FFC53B.jpeg
  • 294F2D35-6570-468F-B18B-5D5155AB3367.jpeg

• It’s being issued on the MasterCard World Platform.
  • The bin starts with 5296.
  • No add-on cards are being sent as of now.
  • There are 3 different point buckets: Edge RP, Magnus Burgundy, Edge Miles

• 27FDBA91-6E25-4B44-9111-0AFC62A6F963.jpeg

• The 5:4 and transfers to Burgundy Magnus points will kick in when you’ll activate the card, but few reported that it hasn’t been transferred yet, and cc is stating it’ll be delayed. It’s better to wait now before activating the card, as you’ve 30 days in your hand for activation if you’ve Edge RP to be credited as it’ll be a one-time transfer.
  • In the travel edge, the changed point cap is 10L instead of 5L with a ratio of 5:2

• IMG_7369.png

• Yes, Burgundy Magnus is a CONDITIONAL LTF. Your account will be reviewed every 6 months.

• IMG_7379.jpeg

• As of now, 30L TRV per account per customer ID & 3L salary credit is valid. 10L AMB/AQB isn’t valid.
  • Going by the points bucket, there’s little to no chance that your other cards’ points will be with Magnus Burgundy post the first migration, which is a bummer and a dealbreaker with the TRV.

I’ll keep updating with any new updates here. Please do keep the discussion on Burgundy Magnus related only so that it becomes helpful for all.

rogerthat

TF Ace
No. Not all other cards do get 5:2. The 5:4 was there due to all the points getting dumped into one bucket. Now 5:2 card is only Reserve and normal Magnus, rest are 10:1. Unless you hold normal Magnus / Reserve, you'll get 10:1
Yes I have the normal Magnus and in addition Select and IOCL. I am getting a combined bucket with ER points from all three cards pooled with a 5:2 common transfer rate.

1696167706379.png

Saijakie

TF Buzz
Hi ,
Has anyone is this forum noticed that there is no reward points credited for international transactions done on my Magnus and select credit card after 31st Aug 2023 . I have recieved reward points for all the local transactions though till sep 28th 2023 .
Kinldy check and update if anyone recieved .

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
Yes I have the normal Magnus and in addition Select and IOCL. I am getting a combined bucket with ER points from all three cards pooled with a 5:2 common transfer rate.

1696167706379.png
There is lot of discussion on the treatment of other points. My 2 cents on the same:
- Principally Axis will like to plug that hole. Only reason they might not plug is that cost of migrating to new system is very high or there are some technological constraints.
- None of us can know that before we try.
- We shall not plan anything basis that because apart from Reserve, no card gives that high return Another arbitrage which was available in terms of Samsung Infinite international spend is no longer that lucrative due to 35 points in Magnus above Rs.1.5 Lakh. And lastly, Axis can make the retrospective correction.

drsel

TF Legend
There is lot of discussion on the treatment of other points. My 2 cents on the same:
- Principally Axis will like to plug that hole. Only reason they might not plug is that cost of migrating to new system is very high or there are some technological constraints.
- None of us can know that before we try.
- We shall not plan anything basis that because apart from Reserve, no card gives that high return Another arbitrage which was available in terms of Samsung Infinite international spend is no longer that lucrative due to 35 points in Magnus above Rs.1.5 Lakh. And lastly, Axis can make the retrospective correction.
It's quite simple actually.
Both classes of techno fino members (with old Magnus and new Magnus Burgundy) are reporting 5:2 ratio for all the other cards in their portfolio which earn edge points

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
It's quite simple actually.
Both classes of techno fino members (with old Magnus and new Magnus Burgundy) are reporting 5:2 ratio for all the other cards in their portfolio which earn edge points
I don't think that's possible. Once you upgrade, Burgundy Magnus and the other cards will have two separate points buckets. So by default, the ERs can be redeemed as per the highest conversion ratio of the cards in your portfolio. Now to get 5:2 you will need to have the Reserve card(assuming you will upgrade the normal Magnus to Burgundy Magnus).

Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
I don't think that's possible. Once you upgrade, Burgandy Magnus and the other cards will have two separate points buckets. So by default, the ERs can be redeemed as per the highest conversion ratio of the cards in your portfolio. Now to get 5:2 you will need to have the Reserve card(assuming you will upgrade the normal Magnus to Burgandy Magnus).
I don't have Reserve.
So according to you, all my other cards will get 20:1 ratio for Accor and other international partners, if I upgrade old Magnus to new Magnus burgundy.

but if I keep old Magnus they are all getting 5: 2 ratio

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I don't have Reserve.
So according to you, all my other cards will get 20:1 ratio for Accor and other international partners, if I upgrade old Magnus to new Magnus burgundy.

but if I keep old Magnus they are all getting 5: 2 ratio

It will be as per the following table based on the transfer partners. You mentioned that you hold Select, so it will be as per Select's redemption ratios if you upgrade to Burgundy Magnus.

Burgundy Private5 EDGE REWARD Points = 4 Partner Points
Reserve, Magnus5 EDGE REWARD Points = 2 Partner Points
Atlas1 EDGE Mile = 2 Partner Points*
Select & PrivilegeVistara, ITC, SpiceJet, airasia
5 EDGE REWARD Points = 1 Partner Point
Other Partners
10 EDGE REWARD Points = 1 Partner Point
Other eligible cardsVistara, ITC, SpiceJet, airasia
Other Partners
20 EDGE REWARD Points = 1 Partner Point

drsel

TF Legend
It will be as per the following table based on the transfer partners. You mentioned that you hold Select, so it will be as per Select's redemption ratios if you upgrade to Burgundy Magnus.

Burgundy Private5 EDGE REWARD Points = 4 Partner Points
Reserve, Magnus5 EDGE REWARD Points = 2 Partner Points
Atlas1 EDGE Mile = 2 Partner Points*
Select & PrivilegeVistara, ITC, SpiceJet, airasia
5 EDGE REWARD Points = 1 Partner Point
Other Partners
Other eligible cardsVistara, ITC, SpiceJet, airasia
Other Partners
20 EDGE REWARD Points = 1 Partner Point
Select, Privilege and Rewards get 10:1 for foreign partners like Accor. (Rewards card is just recently included with Select and Privilege category)
Samsung Infinite, Indian Oil, etc get 20:1 for Accor.
But this is for people who do not have old Magnus nor new Magnus Burgundy.

Burgundy customer care just now confirmed on phone that those with old Magnus will continue to get 5:2 conversion ratio for all the other cards (not 10:1 or 20:1)

And those who have new Magnus burgundy will also get 5:2 conversion ratio for all the other cards (not 10:1 or 20:1)

Please phone Burgundy customer care and reconfirm.

Last edited:

gurpreet.9211

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have genuine Rent transaction of 45k per month, is Burgundy Magnus still good for this use. (PayZapp+ redgirraffe)
What is the return I can expect, I stopped using magnus for rent since the whole confusion started.

drsel

TF Legend
I have genuine Rent transaction of 45k per month, is Burgundy Magnus still good for this use. (PayZapp+ redgirraffe)
What is the return I can expect, I stopped using magnus for rent since the whole confusion started.
Burgundy Magnus is the best card for rent payment upto 50000, you get 4.80--1.18--0.46=3.16%

Last edited:

gurpreet.9211

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
All domestic and international airfares on Traveledge have been bumped up 10%, believe it or not !

Just don't believe me check it out yourself!!
the 5x points is completely neutralized with this hike
I also noticed, I was booking a flight last week’ the fare has indeed increased on travelEdge portal.

unwind

TF Buzz
I just checked. I don't see any big jump. Fares were always 0.5-1.00% more..that's where they are for international atleast. For domestic some flights somehow they were 7-8% more expensive and similar price for others. I think it's still the case.

So if the flight you are interested in is more expensive, and you are getting discounts elsewhere, might as well not use traveledge. But I think for many international flights(definitely not for all), Traveledge would still be the best platform for Burgundy Magnus users

I am burgundy customer for past 6 years but do not have old Magnus CC as i do not fulfil their eligibility. Was visiting my branch this morning for some other work, where my RM told me that I can get paid Magnus CC. I knew he was bluffing but still gave my acceptance to apply for the same as I can recover the charges though welcome vouchers and spends. KYC was done by CC agent and SMS received confirming its a paid card with Rs. 12500 charges. So if by chance, my RM is able to get me a paid Magnus(which he is very confident of), then :
1. Can I convert it to LTF before Nov 30 as I am a burgundy customer ?
2. Can the welcome Yatra gift voucher be used for hotel bookings ?
3. Will I be getting 5:4 conversion ratio ?

RM & CC agent say that I will be enjoying all Magnus Burgundy benefits and once I get the card , call burgundy cc and convert it to LTF. My plan is to utilise it for the year(only other CC i hold is Axis Select) and then try to waive off renewal fees or close the card.
Hoping I am making a financially wise decision.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
I am burgundy customer for past 6 years but do not have old Magnus CC as i do not fulfil their eligibility. Was visiting my branch this morning for some other work, where my RM told me that I can get paid Magnus CC. I knew he was bluffing but still gave my acceptance to apply for the same as I can recover the charges though welcome vouchers and spends. KYC was done by CC agent and SMS received confirming its a paid card with Rs. 12500 charges. So if by chance, my RM is able to get me a paid Magnus(which he is very confident of), then :
1. Can I convert it to LTF before Nov 30 as I am a burgundy customer ?
2. Can the welcome Yatra gift voucher be used for hotel bookings ?
3. Will I be getting 5:4 conversion ratio ?

RM & CC agent say that I will be enjoying all Magnus Burgundy benefits and once I get the card , call burgundy cc and convert it to LTF. My plan is to utilise it for the year(only other CC i hold is Axis Select) and then try to waive off renewal fees or close the card.
Hoping I am making a financially wise decision.
Burgundy Magnus needs 30L TRV. Less than that, they won’t do anything. As you don’t maintain it, you need to do 30L TRV by FD which would be instant or 30L liquid cash, which needs to be maintained for 45 days to be eligible.

If any of your RM/BM or whoever it’s suggested anything else, and especially the above statement, ask them to send a mail confirmation of the same and send it to PNO or MD desk, mal practice for them will be over 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.