• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank upgrade of cards through customer care is stopped

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Team,

Most of you know that if we use an axis bank credit card for 3 or more months , we can upgrade to other card by calling through customer care.

Meanwhile , I am trying to upgrade one of my axis bank credit card through customer care from Tuesday (2/8/22) and they were keep on informing that due to some technical issue we can't upgrade the card.

Today I called the customer care , they said RBI has asked axis bank to stop taking requests from phone banking and if we require any new cards we have to apply through branch or net banking or mobile app.

@TechnoFino @anirbanm Can you please confirm the same by asking your resources and inform us.

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I think Vistara cards are not showing up for upgrade at the moment, I tried last week twice.
Applied offline as soon as I saw the Reversal offer and 31st December date for spends.

Had a 30 min long call they explained each and every feature fees etc and in conclusion they cannot upgrade my Magnus to either Reserve or Vistara Infinite. Epic waste of time.

Why do you want to downgrade Magnus to Vistara Infinite ?

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks guys took the plunge on magnus. Firstly she told about limit increase offer and later applied for card too instantly.
Though link sms generation took time. I disconnected the call due to long hold but she called back and did it.
I guess they get a little incentive on these new card generation.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have privilege card. I did some transactions on grab deals and under 3x points offer in September - October period, whose points are supposed to be credited by January end.

Now, if I ask for upgrading this to select (and close this privilege card), will I still get those bonus points in January?

I have burgundy account, so it will be LTF. Privilege is paid card and recently completed one year. Also, already have 3 cards, so can't ask for 4th one.

Or shall I wait till January? Not sure if axis will deduct annual fee on pro-rated basis.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I have privilege card. I did some transactions on grab deals and under 3x points offer in September - October period, whose points are supposed to be credited by January end.

Now, if I ask for upgrading this to select (and close this privilege card), will I still get those bonus points in January?

I have burgundy account, so it will be LTF. Privilege is paid card and recently completed one year. Also, already have 3 cards, so can't ask for 4th one.

Or shall I wait till January? Not sure if axis will deduct annual fee on pro-rated basis.
Since you have burgundy account, ask for the 4th card.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Since you have burgundy account, ask for the 4th card.
My rm is useless. Hasn't done anything yet whether it's written explicitly or not. Already have wasted 3-4 hard enquires in last one year for 4th card, every time rejected. Every axis customer care told that u can apply for 4th card, but at the end, they don't approve.

Also, this privilege account is more like my first account. Earlier it was my zone, now privilege. So, don't want to close it, but upgrade to something LTF. So, getting select as upgraded on this seems a little better option. I have magnus, so won't be using it anyway.

Reactions: CMG

Bhagat Singh

TF Premier

bro do we need to maintain 10 lakh in Burgundy or can me maintain around 30-50k and it'll be fine