• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis bank upgrade of cards through customer care is stopped

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Team,

Most of you know that if we use an axis bank credit card for 3 or more months , we can upgrade to other card by calling through customer care.

Meanwhile , I am trying to upgrade one of my axis bank credit card through customer care from Tuesday (2/8/22) and they were keep on informing that due to some technical issue we can't upgrade the card.

Today I called the customer care , they said RBI has asked axis bank to stop taking requests from phone banking and if we require any new cards we have to apply through branch or net banking or mobile app.

@TechnoFino @anirbanm Can you please confirm the same by asking your resources and inform us.

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Recently, I observed some improvements in Axis Mobile app's credit card section, now the interface is different, instead of showing the cards in a carousal view, now it shows a list of cards which can be applied. Also, it no longer shows the card variants which you already have.

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Team,

Most of you know that if we use an axis bank credit card for 3 or more months , we can upgrade to other card by calling through customer care.

Meanwhile , I am trying to upgrade one of my axis bank credit card through customer care from Tuesday (2/8/22) and they were keep on informing that due to some technical issue we can't upgrade the card.

Today I called the customer care , they said RBI has asked axis bank to stop taking requests from phone banking and if we require any new cards we have to apply through branch or net banking or mobile app.
Have you tried via axis web chat instead of phone banking?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Team,

@TechnoFino @anirbanm Can you please confirm the same by asking your resources and inform us.
which card are you trying to upgrade to ? and which card you already have?

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Team,

Any updates on the same? I also tried requesting for an upgrade but they just took a request and then nothing happened.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Bro, through call they are not even taking requests , but through chat they are taking the requests for downgrade/upgrade but not sure of the results , as they are saying we have to wait for 14 working days

bijandeb

TF Buzz
h
Isn't someone reported here, through call it was not successful, but through chat, upgrade request went fine.
How to request via chat please provide the step after internet banking login app login or via support not getting it chat support. Please if possible mention step by step process of requests via chat.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
h

How to request via chat please provide the step after internet banking login app login or via support not getting it chat support. Please if possible mention step by step process of requests via chat.
1. Go to web chat
2. Fill in the details and chart chatting
3. Initially you will be connected to retail banking. Tell them to forward you to credit card department
4. Once you are connected to the credit card department, tell them that you need to upgrade your credit card
5. They will take in the request for upgradation
6. You can see the request here
7. Wait 15 days.

They won't take the request for converting to Ace (will say its temporarily discontinued).

bijandeb

TF Buzz
1. Go to web chat
3. Initially you will be connected to retail banking. Tell them to forward you to credit card department
4. Once you are connected to the credit card department, tell them that you need to upgrade your credit card
7. Wait 15 days.

They won't take the request for converting to Ace (will say its temporarily discontinued).
Thanks for the info

Reactions: CMG

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. Go to web chat
7. Wait 15 days.

I called customer care as-well but thy have stopped upgrade of cards. I tried to web chat but not able to start the chat, gives me error please enter valid email id and phone number ( May be because i dont have a savings account with Axis). Please suggest any other work around.