• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Axis Bank Magnus Card Experience: From Lounge Access to Frustration

DeepSaha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently visited Kolkata Airport and accessed the Kolkata Airport Lounge using my Axis Bank Magnus Card, which boasts "unlimited" lounge access. However, what should have been a smooth, stress-free pre-flight experience turned into an exasperating ordeal that I feel compelled to share with you all.

Upon reviewing my bank statement post-visit, I was astonished to find a perplexing charge of Rs 500, labeled as "TFS, Kolkata." Now, considering that Kolkata Airport's lounge is simply known as "TFS" (Travel and Food Services), logic dictated that this charge should be for lounge access. Axis Bank, however, had a different narrative in mind.

My journey through customer support was no less frustrating. Initially, Axis Bank's Burgundy Support insisted that TFS was not a lounge but a retail store, causing considerable confusion. It took repeated explanations and even the help of a Google search to convince them that TFS was indeed the lounge at Kolkata Airport. A maddening process in its own. With that issue cleared up, I reached out to Axis Bank's support team, who assured me that they would investigate and respond within two days. Unfortunately, those two days stretched into a seemingly endless wait with no response in sight.

In my growing frustration, I took to Twitter, sharing my airport entry time, Uber receipts, flight boarding passes, and timestamps – all clearly indicating that the Rs 500 charge occurred a mere 20 minutes before my flight's departure. Axis Bank's response to my detailed evidence left me perplexed. They insinuated that I must have opted for something beyond my card's benefits, a conclusion that simply didn't align with my lounge access intentions.

My request for a callback to clarify the situation fell on deaf ears, as Axis Bank's response continued to be unhelpful and frustrating. It was as if they were more interested in closing the case as swiftly as possible than addressing my genuine concerns.

Desperate for a resolution, I contacted Axis Bank's MD Desk (Amitabh.Chaudhry@axisbank.com) and PNO (PNO@axisbank.com), but my optimism for a satisfactory outcome was waning.

In conclusion, this experience with the Axis Bank Magnus Card was far from the pleasant, hassle-free journey I had hoped for. It's not just about the Rs 500 charge; it's about the lack of transparency and support from Axis Bank that left me feeling both disappointed and frustrated.

I'm seriously considering parting ways with this card and looking for alternatives that offer unlimited lounge access or fall into the super-premium segment. If you have any recommendations or have encountered similar issues, please share your thoughts. It's essential to stay vigilant and informed when dealing with financial institutions and their services. 🛫💳😡

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So who is giving this discount? And for what?
Many lower tier cards from SBI have discounted access to certain lounges. Even Amex Plat Travel to some lounges.
When the companies cannot offer complimentary, they offer discounted access.

I have seen this multiple times in BLR where the lounge agent says your card has discounted access after they put the card into the machine and enter something.

In case of axis magnus there is no such thing. Axis recently removed their lounge access from international terminals for all the cards, maybe during this something got messed up with dreamfolks end for some lounges.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Like few people have suggested you can dispute the transaction and follow up multiple times with CC.
It's very to tough to convince a TFS charge as lounge charge, even a coffee shop in airport run by TFS will show the same thing

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Exactly.

Also, the "discount" isn't applied by the lounge dragon. It's applied by the system when you put in the card. Just like you described it. So it's possible but an unlikely system error at TFS/Dreamfolks.
Correct. This has to be an error from Dreamfolks. Not TFS or Axis.
Because the system is Dreamfolks here. They are responsible for showing if it is complimentary / discounted / no access.

But you as a customer cannot hold dreamfolks responsible directly here, so it has to be Axis for us.
Also, the agents generally give a heads up that this is a discounted access which didn't happen in this case. They should have.

Last edited:
Correct. This has to be an error from Dreamfolks. Not TFS or Axis.
Because the system is Dreamfolks here. They are responsible for showing if it is complimentary / discounted / no access.

But you as a customer cannot hold dreamfolks responsible directly here, so it has to be Axis for us.
Also, the agents generally give a heads up that this is a discounted access which didn't happen in this case. They should have.

I wouldn't so quickly mark this off as a system error from Dreamfolks. We're making strong assumptions and assertions hearing only one side. :)

OP is anyways responsible for the spend that happened with his active participation and post which he was adequately informed about. If in fact they did not inform him during the transaction.

Also, this issue would likely occur with other Magnus card holders too, at CCU and elsewhere if it was a system error.

So whatever and whoever might be responsible, the best course of action for OP is to dispute. Rest is on Visa, Axis, Dreamfolks, TFS and OPs drinking and forgetting habits. :D

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you share the access slip that you must have received from the lounge team ?

We can not skip the part where the receptionist might have done some mischief, by entering something else instead of lounge access/entry (which usually get's charged Rs.2)

matriX1218

TF Buzz
As far as I know, all lounges have two types of PoS Machines.

When you go for free lounge access, they simply swipe in respective PoS only. If your free/complementary access is exhausted, the card swipe won't go through. And in case you choose for paid access, they'll use different PoS.

In your case, they've used the paid one and this had surely led to purchase of goods scenario.

This was my experience at Hyderabad Airport.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
f
As far as I know, all lounges have two types of PoS Machines.

When you go for free lounge access, they simply swipe in respective PoS only. If your free/complementary access is exhausted, the card swipe won't go through. And in case you choose for paid access, they'll use different PoS.

In your case, they've used the paid one and this had surely led to purchase of goods scenario.

This was my experience at Hyderabad Airport.
Correct me if i'm wrong.
from what i have experienced is that they have a system to detect the free lounge access left and based on that they inform you and charge the card
but in case of magnus this doesnt make any sense as it has unlimited usage

raviemailid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I, for one, usually don't look at the charge slip as well (similar to OP) and if there was a weird charge on CC, I am most likely to notice it in the statement. It is lazy but my lounge experiences have been too seamless (the way they should be). With HDFC DCB and now with Infinia, I never had a situation (domestic or International) where it'll warrant a hassle like this.

I once tried using Axis Atlas and apparently, I was expected to make a booking via the app for the lounge. It's a little too much to ask from a traveller. Is it Dreamfolks, TFS or Axis - users should never be required to worry about all that - Axis is offering the benefit of free lounge access, not TFS or Dreamfolks, they should own it up. Maybe Axis has made its users like this and they want to keep them on their toes all the time.

Forget the lounge, even Atlas points are based on the machine the place is using to swipe the card. As a user, you'll never know or rather, you should never have to know it, but Axis makes it like it. I stayed in Golconda Resort for 5 days, the advance booking (50%) was not charged as hotel, but the check-out payment was taken as hotel. I can't fight with Axis for this, but then, for a similar experience, I got two different kinds of reward. Now, people can blame the hotel for using different machines, but the hotel didn't promise me rewards, it is Axis who offered me a reward point system which they are not able to deliver.

Anyway, I don't have time for all such silly things to keep mailing Axis for. I know Axis is not perfect and even with imperfections, the card is good. OP took the effort to report to Axis and inform us - we all should thank him for that. I doubt I would have done that.

jetesh

TF Ace
I recently visited Kolkata Airport and accessed the Kolkata Airport Lounge using my Axis Bank Magnus Card, which boasts "unlimited" lounge access. However, what should have been a smooth, stress-free pre-flight experience turned into an exasperating ordeal that I feel compelled to share with you all.

Upon reviewing my bank statement post-visit, I was astonished to find a perplexing charge of Rs 500, labeled as "TFS, Kolkata." Now, considering that Kolkata Airport's lounge is simply known as "TFS" (Travel and Food Services), logic dictated that this charge should be for lounge access. Axis Bank, however, had a different narrative in mind.

My journey through customer support was no less frustrating. Initially, Axis Bank's Burgundy Support insisted that TFS was not a lounge but a retail store, causing considerable confusion. It took repeated explanations and even the help of a Google search to convince them that TFS was indeed the lounge at Kolkata Airport. A maddening process in its own. With that issue cleared up, I reached out to Axis Bank's support team, who assured me that they would investigate and respond within two days. Unfortunately, those two days stretched into a seemingly endless wait with no response in sight.

In my growing frustration, I took to Twitter, sharing my airport entry time, Uber receipts, flight boarding passes, and timestamps – all clearly indicating that the Rs 500 charge occurred a mere 20 minutes before my flight's departure. Axis Bank's response to my detailed evidence left me perplexed. They insinuated that I must have opted for something beyond my card's benefits, a conclusion that simply didn't align with my lounge access intentions.

My request for a callback to clarify the situation fell on deaf ears, as Axis Bank's response continued to be unhelpful and frustrating. It was as if they were more interested in closing the case as swiftly as possible than addressing my genuine concerns.

Desperate for a resolution, I contacted Axis Bank's MD Desk (Amitabh.Chaudhry@axisbank.com) and PNO (PNO@axisbank.com), but my optimism for a satisfactory outcome was waning.

In conclusion, this experience with the Axis Bank Magnus Card was far from the pleasant, hassle-free journey I had hoped for. It's not just about the Rs 500 charge; it's about the lack of transparency and support from Axis Bank that left me feeling both disappointed and frustrated.

I'm seriously considering parting ways with this card and looking for alternatives that offer unlimited lounge access or fall into the super-premium segment. If you have any recommendations or have encountered similar issues, please share your thoughts. It's essential to stay vigilant and informed when dealing with financial institutions and their services. 🛫💳😡
I had an IndusInd Celesta Credit Card with great features and no issue till date.

matriX1218

TF Buzz
f

from what i have experienced is that they have a system to detect the free lounge access left and based on that they inform you and charge the card
but in case of magnus this doesnt make any sense as it has unlimited usage
I believe that this is not possible because when you swipe for complementary or paid lounge access, there is no way that they're entering amount. The PoS itself charges the default amount as per PoS because in case of unlimited lounge access, there is no way that system can catch whether you are paying for yourself or guests.

At Hyderabad airport, when I went for complementary lounge access, my swipe didn't go through and I was asked for any other card. In case, my limit was exhausted, I was surely charged for it but they asked for replacement.
One more thing is that, if you are accompanying any guests, you need to pay with same card.

This is what I believe.