• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Liberty Savings Account Benefits

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Axis Liberty Savings Account is the Best Savings for those who can

Spend 10,000 INR Per month On Food, Entertainment, Shopping and Travel via Axis Liberty Debit Card
and
Spend 15,000 INR Per Month at any Merchant ** via UPI or Axis Liberty Debit Card.

If we Fulfill Above Spending Criteria We get following Benifits in return with Maximized Savings:-

A Zero Balance Account.

Condition:-
Merchant Spends** of 25k/Month is required to get NMC Waiver for that Particular Month.

A Voucher of 750 INR per Quarter.

Merchant Spends** of 60k/Quarter is Required.

Redemption Link:- https://www.gyftr.com/rewards/axisbankspendscampaign/

5% upto 500 INR Cashback Per Month.

For Birthday Month Cashback Amount is 5% upto 1,000 INR.

Screenshot_2024-02-02-21-29-44-415-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg

● Spends* Done at Selected Merchant Categories mentioned above will only be Considered.
●Txns Done on Saturday and Sunday will only be Considered.

Redemption can be done Only Via Internet Banking 👇

Menu-Services-Other-Debit Card Cashback

*Find Eligible MCCs for Weekend 5% Cashback at Below Link* 👇

One Domestic Lounge Access Per Quarter.

** Find Excluded Spends/MCCs for NMC waiver and 750 GV at Below Link** 👇

Note:- Now, You can Open Liberty Account Digitally and You will get a Virtual Debit Card as well along with the Physical Liberty Debit Card.

But Beware, the Virtual Debit Card issued with Digital Axis Liberty Account is not an E-debit Card which is issued by Axis Bank with other Digital Account Variants.

OVERALL Benifits
1000*01
500*11
750*04

Total- 9,500 INR.

Consolidated Charges:-

1. Sms Charges:- 17.7*4
Total 71 INR (including GST)

2. Liberty Debit Card Annual Fee:-
354 INR (including GST)

Net Annual Savings:-9,075 INR

Last edited:

rixypanther

TF Select
Any idea when does axis credit 2000 edge reward points for spending 1 lakh ( ofcourse eligible categories as mentioned in their page ) in a year on E-Debit card / edebit card ?

Attachments

• IMG_20240317_231328.jpg
    IMG_20240317_231328.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20240317_231310.jpg
    IMG_20240317_231310.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 14

rixypanther

TF Select
Please do let us know if you had spent 1L on this and got 2K ERs, because I think no-one would had spent that much using e debit card.
thanks
Yes I've spent 1 lakh plus mostly when Mobikwik had utility MCC . I would also get monthly 1% cashback upto Rs 200 on the spends. Also utility is not an excluded category on this card hence you earn cashback

Attachments

• IMG_20240317_232550.jpg
    IMG_20240317_232550.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 17

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes I've spent 1 lakh plus mostly when Mobikwik had utility MCC . I would also get monthly 1% cashback upto Rs 200 on the spends. Also utility is not an excluded category on this card hence you earn cashback
Very good, we are eagerly waiting for your update..

Btw, is this the default e debit card you got from liberty account or the other one??

Juganta

TF Premier
Got this reply, they did not reverse Non maintenance charges, saying 25k spend for MAB charges waiver is applicable for Birthday month only.
Here is an update on my case after i have raised my complaint to RBI BO,
Branch representative called me to visit branch, i said no time to visit branch.
Then yesterday she visited my office address with SOC copy of Liberty AC, i signed on it.
Today she called me to write a mail to Branch email address and write about satisfaction of their service.<I write the mail to branch and inform them that i have got reversal assuance by representative but as per SOC of ac i am still not requird to maintain MAB if a fulfill 25k spent criteria. after that about 1 and half hours later i received this mail. 1710772958099.png

Juganta

TF Premier
Branch representative called me to visit branch, i said no time to visit branch.
Then yesterday she visited my office address with SOC copy of Liberty AC, i signed on it.
Today she called me to write a mail to Branch email address and write about satisfaction of their service.<I write the mail to branch and inform them that i have got reversal assuance by representative but as per SOC of ac i am still not requird to maintain MAB if a fulfill 25k spent criteria. after that about 1 and half hours later i received this mail.
Hi @S S V , i will get my money bank for my Relationship with bank and as a Service gesture.
but bank is still not accepting their miskate. should i stop now or keep fighting?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Today she called me to write a mail to Branch email address and write about satisfaction of their service.<I write the mail to branch and inform them that i have got reversal assuance by representative but as per SOC of ac i am still not requird to maintain MAB if a fulfill 25k spent criteria. after that about 1 and half hours later i received this mail. 1710772958099.png
When you signed the SOC, Spend Criteria must be there.

You did not highlighted it to the Employee on the Spot?

However, Axis Abrutptly excluded MCCs.

I do not remember but if you did Spends on Excluded MCCs since Dec'23 ?

Last edited:

Juganta

TF Premier
When you signed the SOC, Spend Criteria must be there.

You did not highlighted it to the Employee on the Spot?

However, Axis Abrutly excluded MCCs.

I do not remember but if you did Spends on Excluded MCCs since Dec'23 ?
I signed it on yesterday, and there was also 25k spend criteria mentioned clearly.
After i have explained to her Axis employee agreed with me, initially she was also confused with SOC,
( MCC.s may be excluded but they have not mentoned anything about MCC.)
They write something on email which is not matching with their SOC.

Last edited:

Juganta

TF Premier
Now i have replied as below, if complaint is closed from RBI i will file a fresh complaint with RBI again

Attachments

• IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 26

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi @S S V , i will get my money bank for my Relationship with bank and as a Service gesture.
but bank is still not accepting their miskate. should i stop now or keep fighting?
A similar thing is happening with my IDBI savings account. They didn't inform me for 2 months that I was not maintaining their required MAB and suddenly I saw the charges for that. I raised the complaints everywhere from the branch to their NO, PNO. No one helped or replied.
Then I moved to RBIO and the same day, I got a call from the branch, they said they had already raised the refund request but it was taking some time because of some technical problems. The banker was ready to pay me in cash or credit amount by himself, but I refused. Then after a week, they called again, this time, even the BM kept requesting me to withdraw the complaint and promised me that they had raised the refund request and it would be credited in a few days. I denied it again. After 3 days, I received the refund and email from the branch team saying something similar to what you have received- as a one-time exception and a good gesture, they are refunding the money, but they didn't accept the mistake from their side. They also sent me a post with the same email copy.
The complaint is still open from RBI. I will reply to the RBI team when they reach me to close the complaint and seek mental harassment and other compensation as I had to visit their branch 5 times and their nodal, PNO team never even replied to my complaints. I had to sit in their branch for around an hour once to have my complaint heard.

samm255

TF Ace
Bhai, Axis bank to bahut hi besharm hai, besharmi ki har hadd paar kar chuka..
I've submitted SMS alert deactivation request by submitted physical form at the branch in Aug 2023. When I visited branch, brnach manager told me if I deactivate SMS alert facility, I will stop getting OTP, I said okay, go ahead and deactivate SMS alert facility as I don't need it. Then in Oct, they levied SMS alert charges, I complained to PNO, they told me that SMS deactivation request was submitted in Aug but I availed SMS alert facility in current quarter hence these charges are legit, I said fine but asked them if this has stopped in future and I won't be charged in future for SMS alert for which PNO clearly said Yes, SMS facility has been deactivated from my account and I won't be charged in future. Then in next quarter guess what happened? They again Charged for SMS alert in Jan 2024 for Oct-Nov-Dec quarter, I complained again to PNO and they told me SMS alert was deactivated in Oct and I availed faclity in current quarter hence these charges are legit but they reversed those charges (not GST). I asked why GST was not refunded when it was bank's fault for which they told me that goes to Government and we can't refund GST. So I complained to RBI and then next day received this reply from branch manager.

1710784003512.png

Now, branch manager is telling me they deactivated value-added SMS alert facility but SMS alert facility is mandatory in account and that has separate charges. To avoid this, I have to upgrade to higher variant account.

When I asked him, please share the details of SMS alert charges, no response from him.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The way you guys are not letting the bank mess around and fighting, taking the complaint to RBI, so proud of this community. Hopeful others will also learn from your experiences and get motivated to raise complaints when required instead of giving up, so banks will have to improve their service standards.

sparkit

TF Premier
Contributor
I already shared this in another thread, sharing here again so that someone can help me what to do next.

I asked the branch people to upgrade basic savings account to Liberty account 2 weeks back.

The branch people told they can do it and I went to branch to apply for it. Later the service request came denied because the account is just 5 months old. They need minimum 6 months to upgrade.

Later customer care contacted me and said we can create a new liberty account instead. So I contacted branch about it. They told me they cannot do that because each customer can hold only one savings bank account.

Then I contacted the customer care to confirm what branch told me. The customer care team told me if the branch denies to create a account, they can file a complaint against the branch.

I told the same to branch people, within 30 mins they send their staffs to create a new account.
Later next day they contacted me and told they did some mistake for the kit they handed to me. So they need to do the opening process again.

So again they came and did the process. I sent the 25k for the minimum balance requirement. Next day a message came that account opening process is on hold due to an error.

The branch people told me, they entered a mistake while applying again. So they corrected it and submitted again. The next day also I got the same error message.

So I contacted the branch again, they told me to cancel this application and start with fresh application because there is some error on the applied application.

So I told them to cancel the process and sent me the refund 25k. It’s started around 2 weeks back, many calls to branch and visits to branch. Still I am waiting for the refund. They told me to wait until Tuesday.

But today when I called branch people to ask about the update, they are still not 100% sure I will get refund tomorrow!

I will be visiting the branch tomorrow, if I dint get any positive update, what can I do next?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I already shared this in another thread, sharing here again so that someone can help me what to do next.

I asked the branch people to upgrade basic savings account to Liberty account 2 weeks back.

The branch people told they can do it and I went to branch to apply for it. Later the service request came denied because the account is just 5 months old. They need minimum 6 months to upgrade.

Later customer care contacted me and said we can create a new liberty account instead. So I contacted branch about it. They told me they cannot do that because each customer can hold only one savings bank account.

Then I contacted the customer care to confirm what branch told me. The customer care team told me if the branch denies to create a account, they can file a complaint against the branch.

I told the same to branch people, within 30 mins they send their staffs to create a new account.
Later next day they contacted me and told they did some mistake for the kit they handed to me. So they need to do the opening process again.

So again they came and did the process. I sent the 25k for the minimum balance requirement. Next day a message came that account opening process is on hold due to an error.

The branch people told me, they entered a mistake while applying again. So they corrected it and submitted again. The next day also I got the same error message.

So I contacted the branch again, they told me to cancel this application and start with fresh application because there is some error on the applied application.

So I told them to cancel the process and sent me the refund 25k. It’s started around 2 weeks back, many calls to branch and visits to branch. Still I am waiting for the refund. They told me to wait until Tuesday.

But today when I called branch people to ask about the update, they are still not 100% sure I will get refund tomorrow!

I will be visiting the branch tomorrow, if I dint get any positive update, what can I do next?
If you're not a person who just want peace in life, then just go rogue on them tomorrow. Roast them hard and do not leave the branch until the issue is resolved

Alternatively mail PNO regarding the same.

BTW how you did IF?

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
The branch guy sent me a link to complete payment. Paid directly to Axis bank through Razorpay gateway!
Send an E-Mail to MD Desk.

Describe yhe Incident Properly.

Branch will see stars in Broad Day Light.

Happened with me, when BM told me Technology Upgrade go gayi hai and Aadhar seeding can not be done via Paper Form.

I confirmed with my Friend's Branch that Seeding can be done via Paper Form

I just Sent an E-Mail to MD Desk.

Then Wordings of BM:- Mujhe achha lga mere Bade bhai se merko khuch shikhne mila.
Mne mann hi mann socha khuch jada hi asar ho gaya hai MD desk ki complaint ka, merko bada bhai bol raha hai🤣