• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Credit Card Low Limit Problem & Possible Solutions

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Is your Axis Bank credit card limit too low?
Do you have multiple Axis Bank credit cards with different different credit limits but with a maximum aggregate limit?
Axis Bank offer you a maximum aggregate limit and a per card limit.

For example-
Suppose... you have 3 Axis Bank credit cards.
Axis Vistara Infinite with 6 lakhs limit.
Axis ACE with 1L limit
And Axis Magnus with 2L limit.
In this case, your total credit limit (aggregate limit) from axis bank is 6 lakhs.
But you can spend a maximum of 1L from your ACE & 2L from your Magnus, because of per card limit.

Solution for removing the per card limit-
You can request Axis Bank to remove the per card limit, and in most cases they'll remove your per card limit.
You have to email Axis Bank & request for per card limit removal, (check our other thread - bank credit card department email ids, if you don't have Axis Bank email id - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/ ).
Most probably they will remove the per card limit and you'll get an equal shared limit on all your cards.

In the case of the above example-
You'll have Axis Vistara Infinite with 6L limit, Axis Ace with 6L limit and Axis Magnus with 6L limit and total aggregate limit- 6 lakhs.

But what to do if you don't have multiple cards and have a very low limit on your single axis bank credit card-
In this case... I'd recommend you to apply for a higher variant axis bank credit card using card to card method (use credit card which has highest credit limit).
Most probably you'll get approved with a better credit limit.
Now follow the same step, email axis bank and request them to merge limits of both of your cards.

My Case-
My axis ace card limit was 90,000 only
Axis magnus limit was 2L
Axis vistara infinite limit was 6.5L
And Axis Reserve limit - 7L

Now after requesting axis bank to remove per card limit, all my cards are showing 7L limit (per card basis) on mobile app and total aggregate limit 7L.
IMG-20220519-WA0049.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0050.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0051.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0048.jpg
-3rt7jm.jpg

Last edited:

mrtravel

TF Buzz
When I talked to the customer representative, I was informed that irrespective of individual credit limit of my Axis cards, I could used each card upto the highest limit across my Axis cards as long as the total usage is upto the highest credit limit.

manish.rdy

TF Buzz
You can request Axis Bank to remove the per card limit, and in most cases they'll remove your per card limit.
You have to email Axis Bank & request for per card limit removal, (check our other thread - bank credit card department email ids, if you don't have Axis Bank email id - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/ ).
Most probably they will remove the per card limit and you'll get an equal shared limit on all your cards.
Thanks, it worked and got the same limit on all my cards.

Kenu73

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They didnt do it for my Ace card, even though it was shown in the application. But, they did remove the per card limit for my cousin who holds Neo and Indian Oil card.
I also have Ace, Flipkart and Vistara Infinite. They don't do it. They say it's bank policy and every card has a maximum limit attached.

Reactions: AsB

kgaurav00

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is your Axis Bank credit card limit too low?
Do you have multiple Axis Bank credit cards with different different credit limits but with a maximum aggregate limit?
Axis Bank offer you a maximum aggregate limit and a per card limit.

For example-
Suppose... you have 3 Axis Bank credit cards.
Axis Vistara Infinite with 6 lakhs limit.
Axis ACE with 1L limit
And Axis Magnus with 2L limit.
In this case, your total credit limit (aggregate limit) from axis bank is 6 lakhs.
But you can spend a maximum of 1L from your ACE & 2L from your Magnus, because of per card limit.

In the case of the above example-
You'll have Axis Vistara Infinite with 6L limit, Axis Ace with 6L limit and Axis Magnus with 6L limit and total aggregate limit- 6 lakhs.

But what to do if you don't have multiple cards and have a very low limit on your single axis bank credit card-
In this case... I'd recommend you to apply for a higher variant axis bank credit card using card to card method (use credit card which has highest credit limit).
Most probably you'll get approved with a better credit limit.
Now follow the same step, email axis bank and request them to merge limits of both of your cards.

My Case-
My axis ace card limit was 90,000 only
Axis magnus limit was 2L
Axis vistara infinite limit was 6.5L
And Axis Reserve limit - 7L

Now after requesting axis bank to remove per card limit, all my cards are showing 7L limit (per card basis) on mobile app and total aggregate limit 7L.
IMG-20220519-WA0049.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0050.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0051.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0048.jpg
-3rt7jm.jpg
I have one question I have three Axis Card
Axis MyZone - 82k
Axis Flipkart - 82k
Axis Magnus - 4.2L
lets suppose if i request to axis, remove per card limitation and axis remove successful per card limit. Later i will close my magnus card then remaining cards limit continue 4.2L or rollback to 82k
@TechnoFino

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
wrote to pno multiple times to remove per card limit and share aggregate limit on all cards but they denied every single time.
what should i do to remove per card limits, can someone tell me mddesk mail id?

any other suggestion to remove per card limit as my 1 card have much higher limit than other 2, app showing aggregate limit but every card has individual limits .

prc1990

TF Ace
wrote to pno multiple times to remove per card limit and share aggregate limit on all cards but they denied every single time.
what should i do to remove per card limits, can someone tell me mddesk mail id?

any other suggestion to remove per card limit as my 1 card have much higher limit than other 2, app showing aggregate limit but every card has individual limits .
Axis has now started matching the highest limit across all the cards by default. Many have received email already on this including me. Kindly check your email.

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
Axis has now started matching the highest limit across all the cards by default. Many have received email already on this including me. Kindly check your email.
i recently got approved for new card with much higher limit. so i didn't recieve any mail regarding limit matching yet thats why i contacted them to match the limits but they are rejecting it again and again

Leoavneet

TF Buzz
I applied for second axis card which got approved with a higher limit than first card. Post that I received this message :

“This is an informational message. Credit limit across all your Axis Bank Credit Cards is INR XX0000. Irrespective of different credit limits on your individual Credit Cards, combined usage is restricted to INR XX0000; all other TnC remain unchanged. Details: https://ccm.axbk.in/s/PUAUhqFs”

However in the mobile app under credit card I can still see the individual card limits but higher aggregate limit . Do I have to mail customer support to get it removed?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I applied for second axis card which got approved with a higher limit than first card. Post that I received this message :

“This is an informational message. Credit limit across all your Axis Bank Credit Cards is INR XX0000. Irrespective of different credit limits on your individual Credit Cards, combined usage is restricted to INR XX0000; all other TnC remain unchanged. Details: https://ccm.axbk.in/s/PUAUhqFs”

However in the mobile app under credit card I can still see the individual card limits but higher aggregate limit . Do I have to mail customer support to get it removed?
Yes, you need to. This is a regular message that is sent when you obtain a new card. The content of the mail for automated per-card limit removal is different.