• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Credit Card Low Limit Problem & Possible Solutions

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Is your Axis Bank credit card limit too low?
Do you have multiple Axis Bank credit cards with different different credit limits but with a maximum aggregate limit?
Axis Bank offer you a maximum aggregate limit and a per card limit.

For example-
Suppose... you have 3 Axis Bank credit cards.
Axis Vistara Infinite with 6 lakhs limit.
Axis ACE with 1L limit
And Axis Magnus with 2L limit.
In this case, your total credit limit (aggregate limit) from axis bank is 6 lakhs.
But you can spend a maximum of 1L from your ACE & 2L from your Magnus, because of per card limit.

Solution for removing the per card limit-
You can request Axis Bank to remove the per card limit, and in most cases they'll remove your per card limit.
You have to email Axis Bank & request for per card limit removal, (check our other thread - bank credit card department email ids, if you don't have Axis Bank email id - https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-bank-credit-card-department-email-id-phone-no.529/ ).
Most probably they will remove the per card limit and you'll get an equal shared limit on all your cards.

In the case of the above example-
You'll have Axis Vistara Infinite with 6L limit, Axis Ace with 6L limit and Axis Magnus with 6L limit and total aggregate limit- 6 lakhs.

But what to do if you don't have multiple cards and have a very low limit on your single axis bank credit card-
In this case... I'd recommend you to apply for a higher variant axis bank credit card using card to card method (use credit card which has highest credit limit).
Most probably you'll get approved with a better credit limit.
Now follow the same step, email axis bank and request them to merge limits of both of your cards.

My Case-
My axis ace card limit was 90,000 only
Axis magnus limit was 2L
Axis vistara infinite limit was 6.5L
And Axis Reserve limit - 7L

Now after requesting axis bank to remove per card limit, all my cards are showing 7L limit (per card basis) on mobile app and total aggregate limit 7L.
IMG-20220519-WA0049.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0050.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0051.jpg IMG-20220519-WA0048.jpg
-3rt7jm.jpg

Last edited:

adarsh00

TF Buzz
I have Flipkart axis cc with a limit of 91k. I had spends of at least 7L in the last year but never got a credit limit increase offer. Can I get my credit limit increased without applying for a new card? I am interested in axis Magnus But I have an annual salary of 12L . Is it possible for me to get axis Magnus?

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Flipkart axis cc with a limit of 91k. I had spends of at least 7L in the last year but never got a credit limit increase offer. Can I get my credit limit increased without applying for a new card? I am interested in axis Magnus But I have an annual salary of 12L . Is it possible for me to get axis Magnus?
u can wait for auto limit enhancement . u can also apply for magnus using c2c if u other high limit cards, and later remove per card limit after getting magnus. magnus floor limit is 3L.

Last edited:

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
For those who had their per card limit removed, during LE for one of the card, did the "limit" increase for all the cards?

ajaysn22

TF Buzz
Yep, worked for me. Have 3 cards one was ace on 39k, then flipkart 87k then iocl on 1.8L. Sent a mail to pno on 22 Aug. Then on 25th Aug received this revert...

"We acknowledge the receipt of your e-mail dated 22-08-2022 addressed to Principal Nodal Office regarding aggregate limit on Credit Card number ending with xxxx and xxxx
As per your concern, we have raised a Service Request accordingly. Please note your reference number for this email is xxxxxxxxxx.
We shall respond to you with a resolution in 3 working days."

After that I didn't hear from them for many days, no msg no replies nothing.

Then on 7 Sept a 10k cibil enquiry was registered on my cibil account by axis. I checked the axis app and found out all my cards were set to 1.8 lakh finally. Also received a msg from axis on 8 Sept.

Dear Customer, Credit Limit on your Axis Bank Credit Card xxXXXX has been increased to Rs 180000 with immediate effect. To know more, please call 18604195555

Now I will close the iocl for a better card in future.

Reactions: CMG

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Yep, worked for me. Have 3 cards one was ace on 39k, then flipkart 87k then iocl on 1.8L. Sent a mail to pno on 22 Aug. Then on 25th Aug received this revert...

"We acknowledge the receipt of your e-mail dated 22-08-2022 addressed to Principal Nodal Office regarding aggregate limit on Credit Card number ending with xxxx and xxxx
As per your concern, we have raised a Service Request accordingly. Please note your reference number for this email is xxxxxxxxxx.
We shall respond to you with a resolution in 3 working days."

After that I didn't hear from them for many days, no msg no replies nothing.

Then on 7 Sept a 10k cibil enquiry was registered on my cibil account by axis. I checked the axis app and found out all my cards were set to 1.8 lakh finally. Also received a msg from axis on 8 Sept.

Dear Customer, Credit Limit on your Axis Bank Credit Card xxXXXX has been increased to Rs 180000 with immediate effect. To know more, please call 18604195555

Now I will close the iocl for a better card in future.
What were the content of your email? Also, how old were your other cards?

ajaysn22

TF Buzz
What were the content of your email? Also, how old were your other cards?
This is what I wrote

"Hello,

I have 3 credit cards from axis

Indian Oil (xxxx) with limit 1.8Lakh
Flipkart Axis (xxxx) with limit 87000
Ace (xxxx) with limit 39000

As you can see I have aggregate limit of 1.8 lakh, but I cant use more than 39000 on ace which is too much inconvenience for me as it is my daily use card.

I request you to remove per card limit from my ace and Flipkart card so I can use them to my aggregate limit.

I am not requesting for any enhancement, just removal of per limit on my cards so all cards share same aggregate limits.

Thank you. "

My Flipkart is approx 1 year old, ace approx 10months and iocl is just 3 months old.