• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Cooldown Period

karanarora

TF Buzz
What is the actual cooldown period for Axis Bank credit cards?
Someone says it's 6 months, someone 3 months.
Can anybody confirm?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
6 months is general accepted norm in almost every bank, including axis, but if you happen to have good relations with axis or can talk your way around it with RM then it can be done with 3 months too. But 3 months is minimum, it's also so that overall inquiries in your CIBIL don't go out of hand.

Banks have terrible system where their bot sends cibil inquiry everytime you try to apply, even if its couple of hours apart. I've had multiple cases of 2 consecutive inquiries for same cc :rolleyes:

mukundstud

TF Premier
From my experience, though cool down period is a recommended time between applying for same bank cards consecutively, it is not a hard criteria for Axis Bank. Telling you my story, I once got a call from a 3rd party agent and he asked my to apply for Axis Bank Neo Credit Card. At that time, I was desperate to get an Axis Bank CC, so I applied through him. The CIBIL enquiry was registered on my report on 30th September(the same day I applied for the card). I got my application rejection message the very next day from Axis Bank. I was not surprised. Not even a month later, on 22nd October I saw an option to apply for LTF Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card on my Flipkart Account. I was still desperate to get an Axis CC at that time. And this one was LTF. As I do not care much about credit enquiries being added in my report, I applied for the card through the app. The credit enquiry on my report was added on the same day. I was confident that my application will not take time to get rejected by the bank. But surprisingly, I was given the link to complete VKYC. I completed it instantly. The next day, I got a call from an Axis Bank staff, and he verified my details on the call itself. He did not even visit my home. And within hours of the call, I got the application approval message from Axis Bank.

I still recommend you to wait for at least 3 months between 2 consecutive Axis Bank applications, but if you see an LTF offer on Axis Bank CC, you can take the risk applying within 3 months.

prc1990

TF Legend
From my experience, though cool down period is a recommended time between applying for same bank cards consecutively, it is not a hard criteria for Axis Bank. Telling you my story, I once got a call from a 3rd party agent and he asked my to apply for Axis Bank Neo Credit Card. At that time, I was desperate to get an Axis Bank CC, so I applied through him. The CIBIL enquiry was registered on my report on 30th September(the same day I applied for the card). I got my application rejection message the very next day from Axis Bank. I was not surprised. Not even a month later, on 22nd October I saw an option to apply for LTF Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card on my Flipkart Account. I was still desperate to get an Axis CC at that time. And this one was LTF. As I do not care much about credit enquiries being added in my report, I applied for the card through the app. The credit enquiry on my report was added on the same day. I was confident that my application will not take time to get rejected by the bank. But surprisingly, I was given the link to complete VKYC. I completed it instantly. The next day, I got a call from an Axis Bank staff, and he verified my details on the call itself. He did not even visit my home. And within hours of the call, I got the application approval message from Axis Bank.

I still recommend you to wait for at least 3 months between 2 consecutive Axis Bank applications, but if you see an LTF offer on Axis Bank CC, you can take the risk applying within 3 months.
Can you share the rejection sms for my reference please?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
For me it's bit confusing. See attached.
This is just my speculation but I think your application is being processed as a different direct application rather than usual upgrade pathway of existing card holders.

Also, recall back, did you tell your customer care to upgrade when closing old card? After or before that you had applied for the card manually and the application was/is still in process?

prc1990

TF Legend
This is just my speculation but I think your application is being processed as a different direct application rather than usual upgrade pathway of existing card holders.

Also, recall back, did you tell your customer care to upgrade when closing old card? After or before that you had applied for the card manually and the application was/is still in process?
I applied on 8th July and initiated the closure of an exciting card on 10th (This has been closed already).

No I submitted the application through tab (on the presence of an agent) and not through customer care. So totally confused here and on tracking this application also shows as declined. Hence, not sure if it is an intermediary status or the final one. 🥹🥹🥹

mukundstud

TF Premier
Can you share the rejection sms for my reference please?
I am sending you my rejection sms, as well as the approval sms of the card I applied the next month. I spent time searching for these SMSs just for you.😜😜😜

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220715-192835_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220715-192835_Messages.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 46
  • tempFileForShare_20220715-191817.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20220715-191817.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 43
  • tempFileForShare_20220715-192233.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20220715-192233.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 43
  • tempFileForShare_20220715-192741.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20220715-192741.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 45

prc1990

TF Legend
I am sending you my rejection sms, as well as the approval sms of the card I applied the next month. I spent time searching for these SMSs just for you.😜😜😜
Thanks for taking the pain for finding it out.

I still don't understand if the reference number (quoted during the final fate of the application) and application ID (shared post submission) both are mapped to the same application or is it something else. Your message is bit different than what I received though.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Thanks for taking the pain for finding it out.

I still don't understand if the reference number (quoted during the final fate of the application) and application ID (shared post submission) both are mapped to the same application or is it something else. Your message is bit different than what I received though.
Maybe I got a different message of application decline as I applied through an agent on some "deal4loans" website. But why care about reference number or application ID? In the end, approval matters. I let credit card applications get processed in their own style. I hardly make any follow-up on my credit card applications. And you already have Myzone CC, most probably with a better limit compared to mine. Then why care for axis applications, when you can get another axis cc by calling customer care directly?