• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank acquires CitiBank India's retail assets

hriday.haria

TF Premier
I heard the news even earlier but now is it confirmed??
It got confirmed today. Citi Cards and Account won't stop all of a sudden, there will be a period of 6-9 months where in they will migrate all the customers.

Keep in mind, they do have to take user (OUR) consent before migrating us.

Good time to negotiate for a higher variant or higher limit I guess ;) !

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It got confirmed today. Citi Cards and Account won't stop all of a sudden, there will be a period of 6-9 months where in they will migrate all the customers.

Keep in mind, they do have to take user (OUR) consent before migrating us.

Good time to negotiate for a higher variant or higher limit I guess ;) !
Exactly, I do have a salary account with Citi, I will ask reserve for Life Time Free.
If not, at least Magnus or Atlas for sure.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Um ... Do they ... As in what if Citi stops ... Then won't people have to opt for Axis?
They can opt for any bank of their choice for CASA Accounts, but for Credit Cards one will prefer Citi --> Axis.

As Citi has never expiring points and thus many will be having points and Migration will ensure migration of accumulated Reward points too

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One thing is for sure...
Axis is no where comparable to Citi in terms of Customer services & the aristocracy of their employees.
I know this fact since for last 10 years I hold their salary account, they are the top quality Service Professional.
Out of 10 if Citi is 8, Axis is not even more than 4.

hriday.haria

TF Premier
One thing is for sure...
Axis is no where comparable to Citi in terms of Customer services & the aristocracy of their employees.
I know this fact since for last 10 years I hold their salary account, they are the top quality Service Professional.
Out of 10 if Citi is 8, Axis is not even more than 4.
I too had my first Salary Account with Citi and the experience was truly remarkable !
i would give it a 9/10

Unfortunately they only catered Salary Accounts to corporates with whom they had tie-ups.

The AMB for that Salary Account Converted to Savings account was 2L and I couldn't maintain it then and had to close it unfortunately !

GOOD OLD DAYS :') .... NOSTALGIC

mukundstud

TF Premier
I have relationship with CITI through Paytm First credit card. It is my first CC, so it has a very special place in my heart. I am holding it since Mid 2020 and so far my experience has been good. I once had to talk to CITI's customer care executive and my experience was good. But I am still disappointed with the bank due to a reason. My card is about to complete 2 years, but CITI has not offered to increase the limit of my card even once. I spent a lot from that card for more than a year. But its limit is still a meagre 30000. I spent nearly double the card limit every month by loading money and never let the final bill amount cross the 30% utilisation ratio. So why is CITI still afraid to offer me a limit increase? Now I have multiple credit cards with decent limits and have decreased my Paytm Card's usage. But still, I love that beauty. It will be hard for me to say goodbye to my beloved card.

prc1990

TF Ace
I have relationship with CITI through Paytm First credit card. It is my first CC, so it has a very special place in my heart. I am holding it since Mid 2020 and so far my experience has been good. I once had to talk to CITI's customer care executive and my experience was good. But I am still disappointed with the bank due to a reason. My card is about to complete 2 years, but CITI has not offered to increase the limit of my card even once. I spent a lot from that card for more than a year. But its limit is still a meagre 30000. I spent nearly double the card limit every month by loading money and never let the final bill amount cross the 30% utilisation ratio. So why is CITI still afraid to offer me a limit increase? Now I have multiple credit cards with decent limits and have decreased my Paytm Card's usage. But still, I love that beauty. It will be hard for me to say goodbye to my beloved card.
Received CITI Rewards card today and the limit is 80K only (same as @TechnoFino bhaisab's limit) which is lowest among all the cards I'm holding 🥲🥲.

mukundstud

TF Premier
What are limits of your other cards?

You loaded money and used ... Then paid to keep utilisation below 30%. Could that be reason for no limit increase?
My Amazon Pay has 1.9L, HDFC Millenia has 1.8L, RBL has 64k and Flipkart Card has 15k😂. Maybe the reason for no increase could be that although my final bill was below 30% of credit limit, but during the billing cycle, my utilisation crossed 50% many times. But I have also heard that CITI is not increasing the limiits of its CCs that frequently during recent years.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Axis bank doesn't like to increase peoples limit either. Honestly its probably worse than SBI in that regards, so if you are CITI CC holder migrating, make sure to get both higher limit and better CC from axis :cautious:

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Axis bank doesn't like to increase peoples limit either. Honestly its probably worse than SBI in that regards, so if you are CITI CC holder migrating, make sure to get both higher limit and better CC from axis :cautious:
Axis Bank CC Limits are a joke. If they don't give a good limit, Ii might consider Changing my Citi IOCL to some other card apart from Axis.
As of now, Axis already has an existing product on the same line ( Axis IOCL ).

If anyone here has Axis IOCL, Can they share the Credit limit they have ?
And if they received any Limit Enhancement Offers ?