• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation AXIS ATLAS - WELCOME MILES REDUCED TO 2500 EM

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Axis Atlas joining benefit has been devalued
From
5000 EM TO 2500 EM .

It was best first year joining card.
With tier benefits gone from 2nd year & only according to spend does this even make sense now
To recommend to new people @drsel

Looks like Axis wants to prove @SSV more right day by day with its action

Last edited by a moderator:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i just hope they don't convert my citi rewards card to atlas.. i am actually confused on what will be the best of the worst options at axis for the citi rewards card
My view:
Only maintain very basic cards from AXES, don't go for premium or super premium cards as they change the goal post while the game still is ON..
You will end up stranded after high spends and accumulating huge amount of points...

BTW , my user name doesn't include spaces..now... it is ssv...

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My view:
Only maintain very basic cards from AXES, don't go for premium or super premium cards as they change the gost post while the game is still ON..
You will end up stranded after high spends and accumulationg huge amount of points...

BTW , my user name doesn't include spaces.. it is ssv...
yeah will take whatever is ltf and add it to my table drawer collx

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My view:
Only maintain very basic cards from AXES, don't go for premium or super premium cards as they change the gost post while the game is still ON..
You will end up stranded after high spends and accumulationg huge amount of points...

BTW , my user name doesn't include spaces.. it is ssv...
and their response to the fraud transactions was pathetic.. was the last nail in the coffin.. v sad

• Sad
Reactions: SSV

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's still the only travel card giving 10% return on direct hotels, Agoda, direct flights and Traveledge for just 900 joining fee (GST component)
Still better than the competition--Yes Rewards 5x ( for 5900) and Amex Platinum
Sir it's only 2500 em joining benefits
Not 5000
So it's 3400 joining fees

drsel

TF Legend
Not 5000
So it's 3400
Not 5000
So it's 3400 joining fees
Edge miles have double value on conversion to air miles or hotel points (except Marriott).
2500 miles is 5000 rupees at least.
Because Edge miles have double value on conversion to air miles or hotel points (except Marriott).

sharpened

TF Select
Hi, may i know what is the MCC code for agoda website and app.? is 5X points applicable on both agoda app and website.?
You won't get 5x at any travel agent. Only if you book direct via official Marriott.com, Hilton.com, Radisson.com sites. Smaller hotels too, and offline too. I paid 500 for a hostel bed in Kochi and got 5X miles.

Also, Agoda will cost you another 1.18% in DCC fee as it's a foreign merchant even if you pay in INR.

sharpened

TF Select
I have done a lot of bookings on agoda in last two years, but was never charged any DCC fee.
Strange. I definitely got charged DCC at Agoda last month and it has happened several times on my HDFC card too. I doubt they have any Indian presence/payment gateway so it should be charged every single time, similar to Klook.

Airbnb and many foreign airlines like ANA have local payment processing, though.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You won't get 5x at any travel agent. Only if you book direct via official Marriott.com, Hilton.com, Radisson.com sites. Smaller hotels too, and offline too. I paid 500 for a hostel bed in Kochi and got 5X miles.

Also, Agoda will cost you another 1.18% in DCC fee as it's a foreign merchant even if you pay in INR.
I didn't get charged any dcc by booking Indian hotel on agoda app. Also it gives 5x as it is lodgings mcc

lightwaves

TF Premier
Axis Atlas joining benefit has been devalued
From
5000 EM TO 2500 EM .

It was best first year joining card.
With tier benefits gone from 2nd year & only according to spend does this even make sense now
To recommend to new people @drsel

Looks like Axis wants to prove @SSV more right day by day with its action
Bura Laga GIF by Amazon miniTV