• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel Credit Card Application got rejected, want to apply again!!

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hello friends,

I applied for Axis Airtel Credit Card sometime in March-23. Did not get the card and so followed up thrice with axis customer support email helpdesk. They always said "credit card application is approved and card will be dispatched in 10 days". Finally got tired and dropped a personal message on Twitter and they informed me - "application rejected due to internal policies"

My Cibil is 795 and Axis did hit cibil inquiry twice in March-23 and Video Kyc was done two days after application. Don't see any valid reason other than the Video KYC screwing up? Also, I don't have any relationship with axis bank, so that could be an issue. I do have a CitiBank credit card which Axis is managing but don't know how it could help?

Now, what course should I take?
- Should I wait and apply after 3 months from today?
- Raise a fresh application using a different mobile number and email id?
- Contact an offline agent to pursue the application? Same thing happened with ICICI rejecting my application and an offline agent helped me acquire ICICI MMT Platinum card, so I am hopeful of this method :LOL:

I think airtel card was by invite only using airtel thanks app but weblinks are working as of now where they are giving it FYF.

By the way, I see value for it and so I wish to acquire it for the below reasons -
- I have around 5 airtel prepaid connections, 2 airtel fibre connections and 2 airtel dth connections.
- I think that I could save a few bucks in cashback using this card.
- I don't have any axis card in my wallet, which makes it another plus for availing online discounts.

Help as always is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Just an update on this thread.

I was seeking help here regarding my axis airtel credit card application. Even after sending a reconsideration email to them, they did not approve it.

Anyways, fortunately, I had also applied it in my wife's name and her application was approved. So her card is on the way.

To be honest, I was in the mood to cancel it (or even not activate it, so that it would get cancelled automatically) even if approved as they would probably charge a joining fee of Rs 590/- as i need only one card.

Thanks to everyone for the inputs and help.

Strange

TF Legend
Hello friends,

I applied for Axis Airtel Credit Card sometime in March-23. Did not get the card and so followed up thrice with axis customer support email helpdesk. They always said "credit card application is approved and card will be dispatched in 10 days". Finally got tired and dropped a personal message on Twitter and they informed me - "application rejected due to internal policies"

My Cibil is 795 and Axis did hit cibil inquiry twice in March-23 and Video Kyc was done two days after application. Don't see any valid reason other than the Video KYC screwing up? Also, I don't have any relationship with axis bank, so that could be an issue. I do have a CitiBank credit card which Axis is managing but don't know how it could help?

Now, what course should I take?
- Should I wait and apply after 3 months from today?
- Raise a fresh application using a different mobile number and email id?
- Contact an offline agent to pursue the application? Same thing happened with ICICI rejecting my application and an offline agent helped me acquire ICICI MMT Platinum card, so I am hopeful of this method :LOL:

I think airtel card was by invite only using airtel thanks app but weblinks are working as of now where they are giving it FYF.

By the way, I see value for it and so I wish to acquire it for the below reasons -
- I have around 5 airtel prepaid connections, 2 airtel fibre connections and 2 airtel dth connections.
- I think that I could save a few bucks in cashback using this card.
- I don't have any axis card in my wallet, which makes it another plus for availing online discounts.

Help as always is appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Can you share that working web link?

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Can you share that working web link?

Regarding web link, I will share when I get to my pc.

However, you can install Airtel app, select "pay" from bottom menu and find "credit cards" from the Airtel finance menu (you will need to scroll down). Proceed from there.

See screenshot.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_20230526_071542.jpg
    IMG_20230526_071542.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 25

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Once applied and stuck, then they will never update it. I am seeing the same screen since I last applied. "Kyc done and application is under process" but my application got rejected which they confirmed on twitter messaging.

I applied for my wife on the airtel thanks app, she got the "we have got no offers for you" message on the screen. I lost hope and two days later she got a call for kyc. Some person came to do kyc with her aadhaar and fingerprint authentication was also successfully triggered in the aadhaar portal. Her app is still showing the same screen. Now, I got her card today.:giggle:

What else to say about their shitty airtel thanks application .... :devilish::alien::sick::mad:

Just my experience!!

*Thanks for your interest

We currently don't have any credit card offers for you. We will notify you once we have curated offers for you."​

It's still invite based.
Tried with different mobile numbers? For me - in my Airtel sim - gave the same message.
Tried from my Jio sim - worked fine - Kyc done - application rejected also:ROFLMAO: - as I was applying for 4th axis card(maybe the reason)