• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Airtel CC FYF Being Offered + Rs. 500 Amazon Voucher with Mastercard Variant - Grab/Pass ?

sahil1033

TF Premier
In Airtel app, I can see Axis Airtel CC being offered to me with ZERO joining fee and for Mastercard variant, there's an additional Rs. 500 worth Amazon voucher.

I usually recharge with Rs. 1,799 plan and intend to either recharge the same or even go with 1.5 GB/day for 84 days plan. Basically, I'll be using this CC only and only for Airtel prepaid recharges. Slight chances are that I may use this CC for bill payments like electricity bill if and only if RuPay Platinum debit card Amazon offer doesn't extend after March 2023.

Additional information : I'm already holding Axis Bank Flipkart CC and I don't have a savings account in Axis Bank.

So, my queries are :

- I'm hearing issue with cashback not received even for recharges done in Airtel app and some related discrepancy, is that true? If yes, how much irritating issue is this?

- I'll most probably surrender this CC after an year or maybe after 2 years if and only if I get the Rs. 500 Amazon voucher successfully as that's only for Mastercard variant and who knows Axis Bank may send Visa variant by mistake. So, do they retain if I go for closure by offering it LTF ?

- I've also heard about irregularities in application process for this CC. People see the offer in Airtel app and later on are denied/rejected, what's the issue exactly here?

- Ultimate question, should I take this CC or not? I've been waiting to get Axis Bank Ace LTF since a long time but have found peace with 1.5% cashback on offline spends with Axis Bank Flipkart CC.

Anything else? Please feel free to tell.

UPDATE # 1 :

I went ahead with the application process and encountered this, something that's been reported by several users. Any workaround for this?

1701763279811.png

UPDATE # 2 :

I reached out to Axis Bank on Twitter and over call got to know that this CC is on hold for some reason, so, they can't issue. That could be the issue why several people are unable to apply for it even after being shown the banner to apply.

Last edited:

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
In Airtel app, I can see Axis Airtel CC being offered to me with ZERO joining fee and for Mastercard variant, there's an additional Rs. 500 worth Amazon voucher.

I usually recharge with Rs. 1,799 plan and intend to either recharge the same or even go with 1.5 GB/day for 84 days plan. Basically, I'll be using this CC only and only for Airtel prepaid recharges. Slight chances are that I may use this CC for bill payments like electricity bill if and only if RuPay Platinum debit card Amazon offer doesn't extend after March 2023.

Additional information : I'm already holding Axis Bank Flipkart CC and I don't have a savings account in Axis Bank.

So, my queries are :

- I'm hearing issue with cashback not received even for recharges done in Airtel app and some related discrepancy, is that true? If yes, how much irritating issue is this?

- I'll most probably surrender this CC after an year or maybe after 2 years if and only if I get the Rs. 500 Amazon voucher successfully as that's only for Mastercard variant and who knows Axis Bank may send Visa variant by mistake. So, do they retain if I go for closure by offering it LTF ?

- I've also heard about irregularities in application process for this CC. People see the offer in Airtel app and later on are denied/rejected, what's the issue exactly here?

- Ultimate question, should I take this CC or not? I've been waiting to get Axis Bank Ace LTF since a long time but have found peace with 1.5% cashback on offline spends with Axis Bank Flipkart CC.

Anything else? Please feel free to tell.
You could have used the search option as Airtel Axis card has been discussed deeply in detail by our knowledgeable members who already hold the said cards.

If you were really active about researching cards in this forum then you would have already known that Axis Bank Ace LTF can be possible only if you have relations or friendship with Amitabh Chaudhary or Sundar Pichai. /s

sahil1033

TF Premier
You could have used the search option as Airtel Axis card has been discussed deeply in detail by our knowledgeable members who already hold the said cards.

If you were really active about researching cards in this forum then you would have already known that Axis Bank Ace LTF can be possible only if you have relations or friendship with Amitabh Chaudhary or Sundar Pichai. /s
In general, yes, I've searched about this topic but my queries are based upon recent issues with respect to difference in merchant name and also application not going through and throwing error.

I accept that I could've mentioned this in the existing thread and asked there, my bad.
But, there's a way to convey things in a polite manner. This kind of online bashing/bully will gather some laughs and support but it's a short lived fame. I've been part of forums for more than 20 years now and there will always be some redundancy in threads being posted.

I still accept this could've been avoided and could've been a reply to existing thread but I anyway went ahead since I had more than 2-3 doubts of my own and wanted a suggestion also with respect to the fact that I'm eyeing to get Ace CC, already have Flipkart CC and currently thinking of Airtel CC which is 3 CCs from Axis Bank and from what I know, Axis Bank limits till 3 CCs. So, was even looking for any personalized suggestion anyone could give to me and I don't think it's a crime to ask something here, is it?

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
In general, yes, I've searched about this topic but my queries are based upon recent issues with respect to difference in merchant name and also application not going through and throwing error.

I accept that I could've mentioned this in the existing thread and asked there, my bad.
But, there's a way to convey things in a polite manner. This kind of online bashing/bully will gather some laughs and support but it's a short lived fame. I've been part of forums for more than 20 years now and there will always be some redundancy in threads being posted.

I still accept this could've been avoided and could've been a reply to existing thread but I anyway went ahead since I had more than 2-3 doubts of my own and wanted a suggestion also with respect to the fact that I'm eyeing to get Ace CC, already have Flipkart CC and currently thinking of Airtel CC which is 3 CCs from Axis Bank and from what I know, Axis Bank limits till 3 CCs. So, was even looking for any personalized suggestion anyone could give to me and I don't think it's a crime to ask something here, is it?
If you call my simple reply to search up before starting a new thread as online bashing or bullying then it's time for you to smell the coffee and wear your big boy pants.

The /s stands for Sarcasm.
But hey you would have known that already as you have said yourself that you're part of forums for 20 years.

Let people reading this post be judge here if my reply is polite or not.

sahil1033

TF Premier
If you call my simple reply to search up before starting a new thread as online bashing or bullying then it's time for you to smell the coffee and wear your big boy pants.

Let people reading this post be judge here if my reply is polite or not.
Mr. mass appealer, a simple reply could've been there's already an existing thread and possibly a link to it would've helped.

Nevertheless, there's no point in elongating this. I would love an opinion or experience with people on the queries I've asked. Period.

sahil1033

TF Premier
UPDATE :

I reached out to Axis Bank on Twitter and over call got to know that this CC is on hold for some reason, so, they can't issue. That could be the issue why several people are unable to apply for it even after being shown the banner to apply.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
UPDATE :

Axis messed up the Amazon voucher when they sent the last batch. So, until they fix this issue, they may not want to onboard new cards.

I'm hearing issue with cashback not received even for recharges done in Airtel app and some related discrepancy, is that true? If yes, how much irritating issue is this?

Yes. I didn't get the expected cashback. But, I am not going to complain, though. I got it because my other two Axis cards were paid and legacy cards. So, got this and closed the other two cards that were active at least 7 years.

It is irritating at first. Then, I realised it is not worth fighting with them for a small amount. Basically, I got CB, but less than expected. Happy with whatever I get. As long as the cashback can compensate for the yearly fee, I wouldn't bother with the actual CB.

No more Visa variant.

No LTF by retention team. If one spends at least 1 lakh per month using this card, it is easy to negotiate, though. For such spends, there are better cards.

I have no idea on why Axis rejects, after getting an offer on Airtel app.

Getting the card depends entirely on individuals. I use 1799 plan too. I wanted to switch to 3359 plan for some time. Since I got Amazon Pay ICICI CC a few months ago, I'd get prime if I use 999 plan (84 days validity). Effective cost is only 750 (or Rs.9 per day), if Axis provides 25% CB. Basically, this card is the best combo for me at the moment.

At some point, Airtel Axis will be devalued as well. So, I will get Neo as LTF as soon as it is pre-approved for me so that I don't have to worry about yearly fees. I got Airtel Axis CC only a couple of months ago.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Axis messed up the Amazon voucher when they sent the last batch. So, until they fix this issue, they may not want to onboard new cards.

Yes. I didn't get the expected cashback. But, I am not going to complain, though. I got it because my other two Axis cards were paid and legacy cards. So, got this and closed the other two cards that were active at least 7 years.

It is irritating at first. Then, I realised it is not worth fighting with them for a small amount. Basically, I got CB, but less than expected. Happy with whatever I get. As long as the cashback can compensate for the yearly fee, I wouldn't bother with the actual CB.

No more Visa variant.

No LTF by retention team. If one spends at least 1 lakh per month using this card, it is easy to negotiate, though. For such spends, there are better cards.

I have no idea on why Axis rejects, after getting an offer on Airtel app.

Getting the card depends entirely on individuals. I use 1799 plan too. I wanted to switch to 3359 plan for some time. Since I got Amazon Pay ICICI CC a few months ago, I'd get prime if I use 999 plan (84 days validity). Effective cost is only 750 (or Rs.9 per day), if Axis provides 25% CB. Basically, this card is the best combo for me at the moment.

At some point, Airtel Axis will be devalued as well. So, I will get Neo as LTF as soon as it is pre-approved for me so that I don't have to worry about yearly fees. I got Airtel Axis CC only a couple of months ago.
Thanks for the detailed and to the point explanation for personal level queries I had.

As of now they've kept it on hold, let's see what happens. Even if they resume, I'll most probably take it up only for an year and surrender.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I forgot to mention that I use Swiggy and Zomato regularly. Cashback for those are always correct as HDFC Swiggy CC is a direct competition in that category.

I am yet to do any utility payment or any Airtel payment.

The 1% category is where I didn't get the expected cashback.

Initially, I applied for HDFC Swiggy CC. My first application after 5+ years. Got rejected (fortunately). Explored other cards and got Amazon Pay ICICI and this Airtel Axis. Couldn't be happier. 😁

sahil1033

TF Premier
I forgot to mention that I use Swiggy and Zomato regularly. Cashback for those are always correct as HDFC Swiggy CC is a direct competition in that category.

I am yet to do any utility payment or any Airtel payment.

The 1% category is where I didn't get the expected cashback.

Initially, I applied for HDFC Swiggy CC. My first application after 5+ years. Got rejected (fortunately). Explored other cards and got Amazon Pay ICICI and this Airtel Axis. Couldn't be happier. 😁
Nice, I'll take Airtel Axis Bank CC only for airtel prepaid recharges and for broadband recharges if I take in future.

My go-to CCs nowadays is Tata Neu Infinity RuPay HDFC Bank CC for all things UPI and Flipkart Axis Bank CC for offline payments and offline payments of Rs. 134 or above (given that CC is accepted). SBI Cashback CC for everything else online where it gives 5% cashback.

Big Basket, Zomato, Swiggy etc is covered by Pluxee (formerly Sodexo).

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Nice, I'll take Airtel Axis Bank CC only for airtel prepaid recharges and for broadband recharges if I take in future.

My go-to CCs nowadays is Tata Neu Infinity RuPay HDFC Bank CC for all things UPI and Flipkart Axis Bank CC for offline payments and offline payments of Rs. 134 or above (given that CC is accepted). SBI Cashback CC for everything else online where it gives 5% cashback.

Big Basket, Zomato, Swiggy etc is covered by Pluxee (formerly Sodexo).
I'm a new user of Airtel CC (not even first bill is generated).

If I'm/family is into Airtel Ecosystem (mobile prepaid or broad band), I would gladly take Axis Airtel with my eyes closed. It would easily pay for annual charges and anything else is a plus. If you are fortunate enough to have your utility bills listed in thanks app (which is not for my case), thats added bonus.

Can you share your journey of getting TATA Neu infinity? Is it a paid card? how is your experience. I'm interested for it, but only being offered paid tata neu plus at the moment. I even opened HDFC Max saving account & holding some good cash here. How can I request for LTF Neu Infinity.

sgoyal9

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have the MasterCard variant of this card. Got it a few months ago.

I was supposed to get a ₹500 voucher and I had thought it was a paid card.

Did not get the voucher so raised a ticket a few weeks ago. They told me that the card is LTF so no voucher.

Did not fight much after getting it as LTF.

vijay.vj

TF Ace

Did not get the voucher so raised a ticket a few weeks ago. They told me that the card is LTF so no voucher.

Is it really LTF or FYF. I didn't get voucher but for me joining fees was 0. I was happy with that.

sahil1033

TF Premier
I'm a new user of Airtel CC (not even first bill is generated).

If I'm/family is into Airtel Ecosystem (mobile prepaid or broad band), I would gladly take Axis Airtel with my eyes closed. It would easily pay for annual charges and anything else is a plus. If you are fortunate enough to have your utility bills listed in thanks app (which is not for my case), thats added bonus.

Can you share your journey of getting TATA Neu infinity? Is it a paid card? how is your experience. I'm interested for it, but only being offered paid tata neu plus at the moment. I even opened HDFC Max saving account & holding some good cash here. How can I request for LTF Neu Infinity.
At the time of IPL, Tata Neu ran their own Premier League (TNPL = Tata Neu Premier League), I was on my way to complete it but fell short on it because my tickets on Air Asia didn't go through. I made a video of it as a proof and complained to them that I couldn't complete that Premier League because of the glitch and I was eyeing Infinity LTF because that was one of the rewards for finishing TNPL.

It took a good amount of time but they agreed to it and that's how I got it LTF as it started showing up as LTF card in Tata Neu app for me. At that time, I was already having salary account with HDFC Bank and Regalia CC LTF with credit limit of Rs. 5.5L

This is the story.
And yes, experience is so-so good. I've even paid Rs. 1 lac/lakh via UPI for purchasing a two-wheeler and got 1,500 NeuCoins (this was before HDFC Bank imposed capping of 500 NeuCoins per statement cycle for UPI transactions).

sahil1033

TF Premier

lucky you, how did you get it LTF ?

do you hold any premium relationship with Axis Bank ?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
At the time of IPL, Tata Neu ran their own Premier League (TNPL = Tata Neu Premier League), I was on my way to complete it but fell short on it because my tickets on Air Asia didn't go through. I made a video of it as a proof and complained to them that I couldn't complete that Premier League because of the glitch and I was eyeing Infinity LTF because that was one of the rewards for finishing TNPL.

It took a good amount of time but they agreed to it and that's how I got it LTF as it started showing up as LTF card in Tata Neu app for me. At that time, I was already having salary account with HDFC Bank and Regalia CC LTF with credit limit of Rs. 5.5L

This is the story.
And yes, experience is so-so good. I've even paid Rs. 1 lac/lakh via UPI for purchasing a two-wheeler and got 1,500 NeuCoins (this was before HDFC Bank imposed capping of 500 NeuCoins per statement cycle for UPI transactions).
Wow thanks for sharing !

I recently opened HDFC max account, primarily for paying cc bills via billdesk. How can I get Regalia LTF?
If I change my salary to HDFC, I should be eligible for preferred banking. Can you guide me though the easy to get some good LTF CC from HDFC. I'm on 0 count with HDFC.

sahil1033

TF Premier
Wow thanks for sharing !

I recently opened HDFC max account, primarily for paying cc bills via billdesk. How can I get Regalia LTF?
If I change my salary to HDFC, I should be eligible for preferred banking. Can you guide me though the easy to get some good LTF CC from HDFC. I'm on 0 count with HDFC.
Gone are the days when getting LTF CC was easy in HDFC Bank. Now they're forcing people to upgrade to paid CCs. Regalia isn't being issued anymore, instead Regalia Gold is issued which is a paid card (not sure but haven't heard anyone getting LTF CC now from HDFC Bank in recent times).

Maximum you can expect from HDFC Bank now is FYF CC. I'll suggest if you're getting Millenia CC FYF or even paid, go for it as getting LTF CC seems impossible at the moment and Millenia is the best out there even if it's paid.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Gone are the days when getting LTF CC was easy in HDFC Bank. Now they're forcing people to upgrade to paid CCs. Regalia isn't being issued anymore, instead Regalia Gold is issued which is a paid card (not sure but haven't heard anyone getting LTF CC now from HDFC Bank in recent times).

Maximum you can expect from HDFC Bank now is FYF CC. I'll suggest if you're getting Millenia CC FYF or even paid, go for it as getting LTF CC seems impossible at the moment and Millenia is the best out there even if it's paid.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

How about getting Tata neu cards LTF... is it also difficult? Doesn't preferred account help?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
In my experience, I've got ZERO edge with my salary + Preferred account ... but you can push your RM though if you're into HNI banking (Classic/Preferred/Imperia)
Hmm... I'm into ICICI wealth... but not much of use there. ICICI cards are not useful much other then for any specific offers.

So looking to fetch some good cards from Axis or HDFC. I'm willing to move salary account for HNI status. Not sure if this will make any difference.