• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offer Fulfilled! AVS (Address Verification Service) standards for Indian credit card Issuers

The offer has been fulfilled by the bank/company.
I've been thinking about this question for some time now. I attempted to make an international transaction using my MasterCard credit card. I had international transactions enabled, with both POS and online transactions for international spending turned on, along with a manually set high limit. Due to the nature of my work, I frequently engage in some small valued international transactions every now and then.
Now all international payment processors implement advanced AVS checks (Address Verification Service) to authenticate transactions with the card issuing banks. In my case, I am fully aware of the billing address registered with my credit card and simply, I copy-paste it during checkouts. Nevertheless, few international transactions (like 1 out of 4, just for reference) do get declined due to AVS Mismatch, as happened to me yesterday.

So, I am considering applying for a credit card from any issuer (like HDFC, ICICI, SBI, IDFC First, etc.) that offers the most advanced US standard upgraded AVS service. Could anyone, who does a lot of international credit card transactions and has technical knowledge in the AVS standards for Indian card issuers, share some credit card issuers that have this upgraded facility? I am interested to know specifically about the credit card issuing banks that have the highest standard AVS system.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I've been thinking about this question for some time now. I attempted to make an international transaction using my MasterCard credit card. I had international transactions enabled, with both POS and online transactions for international spending turned on, along with a manually set high limit. Due to the nature of my work, I frequently engage in some small valued international transactions every now and then.
Now all international payment processors implement advanced AVS checks (Address Verification Service) to authenticate transactions with the card issuing banks. In my case, I am fully aware of the billing address registered with my credit card and simply, I copy-paste it during checkouts. Nevertheless, few international transactions (like 1 out of 4, just for reference) do get declined due to AVS Mismatch, as happened to me yesterday.

So, I am considering applying for a credit card from any issuer (like HDFC, ICICI, SBI, IDFC First, etc.) that offers the most advanced US standard upgraded AVS service. Could anyone, who does a lot of international credit card transactions and has technical knowledge in the AVS standards for Indian card issuers, share some credit card issuers that have this upgraded facility? I am interested to know specifically about the credit card issuing banks that have the highest standard AVS system.
You should start by saying what is your cc portfolio and which one you own

If u do multiple international transactions get AMEX they have acceptability issue in india not international