• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU Small Finance Zero Balance Account Online

prc1990

TF Ace
Hello Folks,

Wanted to open an AU Bank Small Finance Zero balance savings account online for the benefit of Rupay Platinum Debit Card and hence, wanted to clarify the following.

1. My nearest branch is within 8 KM radius. Can I open it online? During the application I believe we need to select the nearest branch.

2. Can I only opt for a virtual debit card without ordering the physical card inorder to avoid annual charges?

3. Can I opt out for sms alerts during the account opening inorder to avoid quarterly charges?

4. Lastly anyone from Kolkata who recently opened this account?

Please respond only if you have answer to these questions.

** Please refrain posting general responses.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1.AU bank follows a different concept, there's no concept of home branch in au bank, you can visit any branch to avail any of the services, the branch we need to select is just for name sake.

2.No, if you opt out for debit card you will not get the virtual one as well, @Batmanbaba can clarify this point better.

3.I guess we can call cc and opt out, I haven't done it yet but will do that ASAP.
Edit: Just raised a request for disabling sms alert and they raised the request it will get disabled within 24hrs 😉

4.I am from Mumbai 😉

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
1.AU bank follows a different concept, there's no concept of home branch in au bank, you can visit any branch to avail any of the services, the branch we need to select is just for name sake.

2.No, if you opt out for debit card you will not get the virtual one as well, @Batmanbaba can clarify this point better.

3.I guess we can call cc and opt out, I haven't done it yet but will do that ASAP.
Edit: Just raised a request for disabling sms alert and they raised the request it will get disabled within 24hrs 😉

4.I am from Mumbai 😉
On question#1, what I wanted to understand is since my nearest branch is within 8 KM of my permanent address, am I allowed to open account online? I don't want to visit a branch.

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
On question#1, what I wanted understand is since my nearest branch is within 8 KM of my permanent address, am I allowed to open account online? I don't want to visit a branch.
Yes it's allowed,
BTW they have facility of video banking so you don't need to visit the bank after you open account as well, almost everything can be done using video banking

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Branch is important while credit card...... As pincode is very important in au credit card.... They are not providing cc on every pin code.... They will first do credit enquiry on cibil... Then tell pincode not serviceable.....

So better select main branch or branch of posh areas... As there is no home branch concept.. You can get you work done in any branch

You will get option of entire state of your permanent and communication adddress.... You can opt any city.or any branch... Of the state.

And if u don't opt for debit card.... Then virtual will also be not available.....if u don't have any other rupay platinum debit card then take the debit card... The cost benefit ratio is very good.... Minimum 1200 savings in 177rs cost..... For year.... Amazon 20% off per month on add money on fridays.... Once per user.per month... On 500 load.... You will get 100 off... 100*12= 1200rs..

And sms alrert can be disabled via app.....

Last edited:

prc1990

TF Ace
Branch is important while credit card...... As pincode is very important in au credit card.... They are not providing cc on every pin code.... They will first do credit enquiry on cibil... Then tell pincode not serviceable.....

So better select main branch or branch of posh areas... As there is no home branch concept.. You can get you work done in any branch

You will get option of entire state of your permanent and communication adddress.... You can opt any city.or any branch... Of the state.

And if u don't opt for debit card.... Then virtual will also be not available.....if u don't have any other rupay platinum debit card then take the debit card... The cost benefit ratio is very good.... Minimum 1200 savings in 177rs cost..... For year.... Amazon 20% off per month on add money on fridays.... Once per user.per month... On 500 load.... You will get 100 off... 100*12= 1200rs..

And sms alrert can be disabled via app.....
ROI is already calculated, so clear on that 😂.

prc1990

TF Ace
If anyone has Rupay Platinum CC, can you please check the load money offer on Amazon this Friday and confirm back if this is working for RP CC as well? TnC says it is applicable only for RP DC.

skvignesh

TF Premier
Hello Folks,

Wanted to open an AU Bank Small Finance Zero balance savings account online for the benefit of Rupay Platinum Debit Card and hence, wanted to clarify the following.

1. My nearest branch is within 8 KM radius. Can I open it online? During the application I believe we need to select the nearest branch.

2. Can I only opt for a virtual debit card without ordering the physical card inorder to avoid annual charges?

3. Can I opt out for sms alerts during the account opening inorder to avoid quarterly charges?

4. Lastly anyone from Kolkata who recently opened this account?

Please respond only if you have answer to these questions.

** Please refrain posting general responses.
1. My nearest bank is 500kms, they will auto select nearest bank using your pin code during vkyc.

2. I opened last week asked for virtual card only, they said physical card will automatically delivered...

Also to use app it ask to verify using debit card for 1st time..

But it's better many offers from swiggy, Amazon, bookmyshow, etc...so you will take 177rs back easily.

3. Yes there is option to disable sms alerts inside app..i also disabled

AllSeeker

TF Ace
1. My nearest bank is 500kms, they will auto select nearest bank using your pin code during vkyc.

2. I opened last week asked for virtual card only, they said physical card will automatically delivered...

Also to use app it ask to verify using debit card for 1st time..

But it's better many offers from swiggy, Amazon, bookmyshow, etc...so you will take 177rs back easily.

3. Yes there is option to disable sms alerts inside app..i also disabled
Could you tell where? I find their app little confusing since I see not titles, probably due to mobile theme or something but it's kind of irritating.