• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AU EMI Call after Transaction

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am new on AU Bank's LIT cc.

I received an automated call from AU Bank to convert a recent transaction to EMI. The call was like "We will guide you to create EMI successfully, hold this call and you will get a link on SMS".
There is no option to stop creating the EMI, I had to disconnect. My txn was of 20k.
I had done a 7k txn 20 days back and I had got a similar call. The call comes once the txn reflects in unbilled, mostly after 2 days.

Guys with AU, is this normal?
I understand that pushing users towards EMI is very profitable to the bank. But all banks do it via SMS or mail or show it in the statement.
Giving a call, making it seem like the user has requested EMI creation and giving no option to cancel seems highly unethical to me.

I called up AU CS and requested to stop this nonsense. Lady said feedback will be taken and I won't get such calls. I hope she is telling the truth.

Beware guys, such things are just traps and I can easily guess that some users might unknowingly create EMI and have to pay extra charges.

romilq

TF Ace
I have done lakhs of transactions with AU LIT card. Right now also unbilled is around 10k. But never got any call to convert to EMI. But I get sms and emails. They mention the exact amount of the transaction and asks to convert it to EMI.

Tejo

TF Legend
I am new on AU Bank's LIT cc.

I received an automated call from AU Bank to convert a recent transaction to EMI. The call was like "We will guide you to create EMI successfully, hold this call and you will get a link on SMS".
There is no option to stop creating the EMI, I had to disconnect. My txn was of 20k.
I had done a 7k txn 20 days back and I had got a similar call. The call comes once the txn reflects in unbilled, mostly after 2 days.

Guys with AU, is this normal?
I understand that pushing users towards EMI is very profitable to the bank. But all banks do it via SMS or mail or show it in the statement.
Giving a call, making it seem like the user has requested EMI creation and giving no option to cancel seems highly unethical to me.

I called up AU CS and requested to stop this nonsense. Lady said feedback will be taken and I won't get such calls. I hope she is telling the truth.

Beware guys, such things are just traps and I can easily guess that some users might unknowingly create EMI and have to pay extra charges.
Other banks just send emails but AU has IVR to irritate us. Giving huge limit na, they need returns too like that only.