• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Application rejected without any proper reason

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

I have applied for yes bank BYOC credit card on 8 june vkyc done on same day and then complete radio silence from yes bank. After 1 week i called bank and they told me my application was rejected but no reason is mentioned so i wrote email and got no reply I didn't receive any rejection sms or email also then on 20th june i mail to pno asking for rejection reason and requesting review of my application.

Not fast forward to 26july i received an email from pno that they r looking into my issue and get back to me in 5 working days then after 10 mins i receive call from yes bank saying theu cant find any reason and my application was rejected due to internal policy but cant say exact reason. I filed an complaint to rbi ombudsman and received call from yes bank mest day that they cant state the exact reason for rejection now can anyone help me how can i get this exact reason??

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Internal reasons generally amount to low income or low credit score. Other than that, it could be that you are applying for some premium card for which they have already set a high standard which you are not meeting.

See this article of mine. It could help.

Thanks!!

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Internal reasons generally amount to low income or low credit score. Other than that, it could be that you are applying for some premium card for which they have already set a high standard which you are not meeting.

See this article of mine. It could help.

Thanks!!
I have cibil of 770+ income is above banks min requirement amd i already hold super premium cards like magnus and reserve still the reject me without any proper reason

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
I have cibil of 770+ income is above banks min requirement amd i already hold super premium cards like magnus and reserve still the reject me without any proper reason
Then, I am as stumped as you!!

What Income did you fill? No need to give the figures but was it equal to or more than something that they were expecting?

Credit card application process is more of surrogate based as in loans. Surrogate means the basis on which you are applying. Income / c2c / past reference and so on. The bank generally pays attention only to the surrogate and not other factors but they do factor in your credit score.

Holding more cards of other banks should help but cannot guarantee your card issuance.

So, I guess c2c application through offline agent should be your best bet for now.

Other than that, I am out of ideas...

Thanks!!

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Then, I am as stumped as you!!

What Income did you fill? No need to give the figures but was it equal to or more than something that they were expecting?

Credit card application process is more of surrogate based as in loans. Surrogate means the basis on which you are applying. Income / c2c / past reference and so on. The bank generally pays attention only to the surrogate and not other factors but they do factor in your credit score.

Holding more cards of other banks should help but cannot guarantee your card issuance.

So, I guess c2c application through offline agent should be your best bet for now.

Other than that, I am out of ideas...

Thanks!!
2X of what banks min eligibility criteria l. I already have almost all other banks credit card with pretty good limit icici axis rbl bob sbi hdfc pnb etc. I have no defaults or sattlements or late payments in my cibil yet they rejected my application and refuse to state the exact reason