• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone using Credit Line On Upi

asahi

TF Premier
As upi pay later option is live on Icici & HDFC bank anyone tried it. I heard hdfc charging ₹149 for activation & ICICI charging service charge for using extra than credit limit

Attachments

• IMG_4391.jpeg
    IMG_4391.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 47

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As upi pay later option is live on Icici & HDFC bank anyone tried it. I heard hdfc charging ₹149 for activation & ICICI charging service charge for using extra than credit limit
yes have used this
activation is free for wealth customers
but usage above 3k is levied service charge
i had a limit of 20k and i used to lend money to people with this credit
usually service charge used to be levied but out of the 10 months used i went above the 3k threshold 6 times and calling customer care they reversed the service fee every time

asahi

TF Premier
yes have used this
activation is free for wealth customers
but usage above 3k is levied service charge
i had a limit of 20k and i used to lend money to people with this credit
usually service charge used to be levied but out of the 10 months used i went above the 3k threshold 6 times and calling customer care they reversed the service fee every ti
will it be reported to credit bureau as loan?

aayusharyan

TF Ace
earlier, it used to be free for all acct holders
Yes, I am one of those customers who got it for free. Was good for rotating money because I could use NB to pay CC bill with this. But then they started adding Service Charge and so I stopped using it. (Now just once in a while to prevent from dormancy).

will it be reported to credit bureau as loan?
Nope, as a Credit Card

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I had activated this last November and every month I used to lend to my friend who used to lend to his friend and had taken a blank cheque as collateral.
Now he used to lend at 10% a month and I used to make a 7% on this.
Also I used to call customer care and get service charges waived off.
Pretty nice Buisness while it lasted.
Have kept it dormant as of now

aayusharyan

TF Ace
I had activated this last November and every month I used to lend to my friend who used to lend to his friend and had taken a blank cheque as collateral.
Now he used to lend at 10% a month and I used to make a 7% on this.
Also I used to call customer care and get service charges waived off.
Pretty nice Buisness while it lasted.
Have kept it dormant as of now
Brother opened his own NBFC... lol

33239488ede380d4f02386460ed3adf3.jpg

Yes, I am one of those customers who got it for free. Was good for rotating money because I could use NB to pay CC bill with this. But then they started adding Service Charge and so I stopped using it. (Now just once in a while to prevent from dormancy).

Nope, as a Credit Card
ICICI treats it as current acct with overdraft facility

aayusharyan

TF Ace
He meant ICICI charges you if you use pay later while most of the BNPL are free.

So that was sarcasm saying ICICI BNPL as OD facility with charges.
So, if the total bill is under 2K, they don't charge any service fee. then after that they start charging based on the amount used. I had that table of computation somewhere. Not able to find it rn.