• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any workaround to book multicity flights on Smartbuy / TravelEdge?

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was looking to book multicity flights to and from Europe.

So, my entry point in Europe would be City A (say, Rome), and my exit point would be City B (say, Geneva). So the itinerary would be 1. Outward - Mumbai-Rome and 2. Inward - Geneva-Mumbai.

Some carriers consider multi-city booking as a return ticket and, thus, offer return ticket fares even on multi-city booking. But, I am facing the following issues on Smartbuy and TravelEdge.

1. TravelEdge: Multi-city option not present at all.

2. Smartbuy: Multicity option is present, but it's just a namesake, i.e., it just shows multiple one-way tickets on the same search. So, if I look for Mumbai - Rome and Geneva - Mumbai, it just shows me two one-way tickets, which I need to select one by one. Whereas If I look for the same on MakeMyTrip, it shows as if they are return tickets (thus offering me a return fare instead of two one-way fares).

What can be done in this case If I want to book using Smartbuy/Traveledge (If there's any other way in which I can get similar rewards, discounts, deals, please let me know that too)

Thanks in advance

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
I was looking to book multicity flights to and from Europe.

So, my entry point in Europe would be City A (say, Rome), and my exit point would be City B (say, Geneva). So the itinerary would be 1. Outward - Mumbai-Rome and 2. Inward - Geneva-Mumbai.

Some carriers consider multi-city booking as a return ticket and, thus, offer return ticket fares even on multi-city booking. But, I am facing the following issues on Smartbuy and TravelEdge.

1. TravelEdge: Multi-city option not present at all.

2. Smartbuy: Multicity option is present, but it's just a namesake, i.e., it just shows multiple one-way tickets on the same search. So, if I look for Mumbai - Rome and Geneva - Mumbai, it just shows me two one-way tickets, which I need to select one by one. Whereas If I look for the same on MakeMyTrip, it shows as if they are return tickets (thus offering me a return fare instead of two one-way fares).

What can be done in this case If I want to book using Smartbuy/Traveledge (If there's any other way in which I can get similar rewards, discounts, deals, please let me know that too)

Thanks in advance

I have done the Multi-City Option on Smartbuy in 2019 for Italy (Mumbai to Rome & Venice to Mumbai as return) and the prices were nothing majorly different from OTAs or Emirates Website itself (Had booked Emirates).

Search Flights that you want to book, note down the Date, Time & Flight Numbers & then call Smartbuy Concierge and tell them to book. They will send you a single itenary with price over email for confirmation. You get 5X, as per the applicability, for this.

moriarty

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have done the Multi-City Option on Smartbuy in 2019 for Italy (Mumbai to Rome & Venice to Mumbai as return) and the prices were nothing majorly different from OTAs or Emirates Website itself (Had booked Emirates).

Search Flights that you want to book, note down the Date, Time & Flight Numbers & then call Smartbuy Concierge and tell them to book. They will send you a single itenary with price over email for confirmation. You get 5X, as per the applicability, for this.
Great. Thanks. Can I redeem my points as well if I book through the concierge? Also, Is there any option to redeem less than 70% of points?

sunny1813

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
travel edge has a backened system of easemytrip from where they can book even multi city bookings