• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any trustworthy portfolio management service / group / advisory?

navam

TF Premier
Hey,

Looking for suggestions from the community for trustworthy, tried and tested portfolio management group or service or advisor.
Googling gives weird results and not sure how much one can trust these new age finte h companies like dezerv.
Was looking at true beacon (from zerodha guys) as well but AIF is another thing I don't know is worth the risk in India.
Till now I've been trading myself and putting in mutual funds but not sure if I'm best suited to continue doing that. I'm sure there are experts who are much better than me, so looking for suggestions :)

Thanks.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
has anyone tried these PMS given by banks as well ?

HDFC has their wealth dept which gives PMS services.. and we do have these 3rd parties as well.. so reviews from both are welcome as I do want to know about them (and charges)

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
has anyone tried these PMS given by banks as well ?

HDFC has their wealth dept which gives PMS services.. and we do have these 3rd parties as well.. so reviews from both are welcome as I do want to know about them (and charges)
banks pms are not that good is what i have heard due to their high churn rate and fees as well

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
With any of the PMS, minimum investment is 50lakh as per SEBI rule. Better go with advisory services if looking for low capital investment.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Have you or are you using these services, I just can't figure out how to tell if they are trustworthy.
marceullus,abakus avendus
are managed by reputaed people
saurabh mukherjee
sunil singhania veteran investor
and pms are also regulated by sebi so shouldnt be a problem of trust

navam

TF Premier
marceullus,abakus avendus
are managed by reputaed people
saurabh mukherjee
sunil singhania veteran investor
and pms are also regulated by sebi so shouldnt be a problem of trust
Haan par... I guess the question is how do they operate, we give them a bunch of our money they go ahead and buy variety of assets and then manage them as per need, are the assets being bought something that's in our name and coming into some brokerage kind of account or kuch aur tarika hota hai inka

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Haan par... I guess the question is how do they operate, we give them a bunch of our money they go ahead and buy variety of assets and then manage them as per need, are the assets being bought something that's in our name and coming into some brokerage kind of account or kuch aur tarika hota hai inka
it's more like a valid contract between you and them
you will get an investment receipt or something
also i guess you will have access to see how your funds have performed
get in touch with these people they have a sales desk they will explain it to you
and the money is pooled into their brokers account which is connected to a terminal for buying assets

navam

TF Premier
it's more like a valid contract between you and them
you will get an investment receipt or something
also i guess you will have access to see how your funds have performed
get in touch with these people they have a sales desk they will explain it to you
and the money is pooled into their brokers account which is connected to a terminal for buying assets
Ah thanks for the explanation, also I trust people here more than random sales folks haha ;)

Upar se watched the Bernie madoff series on netflix toh aur vishwas uth gaya hai.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Ah thanks for the explanation, also I trust people here more than random sales folks haha ;)

Upar se watched the Bernie madoff series on netflix toh aur vishwas uth gaya hai.
that was a ponzi scheme
but this saurabh mukherjee and sunil singhania are very reputed investors
i am fascinated by saurabhs relaxo trade
he had the conviction in that stock and it yielded him multibagger returns

raviemailid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC has their wealth dept which gives PMS services
HDFC Wealth managers don't do PMS in-house, they eventually go to Abakus/Equirius-type fund houses. But since you'll be going to Akabus via HDFC, who is also managing other HDFC clients and has bigger business, you'll have a pretend leverage with fund houses.

I guess the question is how do they operate
The PMS institution will have 5-10 different investment types to offer to you, with varied charge rates, returns, risk and ideal investment duration. You can work with them to identify what works. Once done, they'll open an investment account for you (they take power of attorney to operate on your behalf, which actually looks scary) and provide you with view-only credentials. You can log in and see what your money is doing.

netflix toh aur vishwas uth gaya hai.
The PMS institutions are SEBI registered and they operate on defined guidelines, there is no fraud there, but you do have a risk of losing your money. At the end of the day, if you're going PMS way, you're going to the equity market and that market is full of risk, including the risk of capital erosion.

Getting a financial advisor (from banks or MF houses) and going MF way in diversified segments is a very good bet. You pay STCG but you save on PMS commission and you have very good control on your funds and quick liquidity options. In last 4-5 years, I feel the return on PMS and MFs have kind of evened out with not much difference. But then, I am a safe investor and my PMS profile is balanced - someone with aggressive profile might make more money but that someone is not me.

navam

TF Premier
Valid thoughts about the mf vs pms, it's one of the reason I am discussing it here, I am debating whether it makes sense at all to go pms route and if it's worth it.
2ndly I don't know how much I trust sebi in terms of a regulatory authority, they try their best but limited resources hain scam toh chalte hi rehte hain, adani managed to manipulate quite easily just recently.
Lastly, this giving POA thing seems interesting, is it common practice? And anyone been burned because of it?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Getting a financial advisor (from banks or MF houses) and going MF way in diversified segments is a very good bet. You pay STCG but you save on PMS commission and you have very good control on your funds and quick liquidity options. In last 4-5 years, I feel the return on PMS and MFs have kind of evened out with not much difference. But then, I am a safe investor and my PMS profile is balanced - someone with aggressive profile might make more money but that someone is not me.
beg to differ here
the expense ratio is lesser compared to the commission and profit cuts PMS take
But PMS returns have been way better than mfs because mfs don't usually make derivative positions until they have currency risk while PMS has the flexibility to trade other instruments and generate alpha
and as diverse mfs might be the risk profile at eod is the same as the asset class is the same.
if pms didnt generate alpha they wouldnt be able to sustain
also tru beacon has this concept that if your funds dont generate returns they wont charge you any fees