• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any alternative to Niyo Global card?

mrtravel

TF Buzz
I couldn't open an account with Niyo Global because of some internal issue with them. Is there any alternative to Niyo Global card which is helpful for overseas spends?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-19-13-04-02-449_com.niyo.sbm.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-19-13-04-02-449_com.niyo.sbm.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 22

GojetaSSj

TF Buzz
Bro Dont use Niyo Global Card it sucks for me the new NiyoGlobal by SBM bank is not working for me in most countries moreover whenever i transacted using that card it doesnt show me the live transactions in the app itself
I would suggest you to go with RBL World Safari Credit card best or if you really need Debit card then for me NiyoX by Equitas bank worked best then Fi money or Jupiter also has 0 Forex Charges.
Plus try not to withdraw cash abroad as the foreign banks charge money for using their ATM machines better to use only for purchases until you find an atm with low fees which i did by visiting every ATM on the airport and trying to withdraw 100$ to check what i am being charged (with no money in the bank) and mostly have found that airport ones usually charge high so i do this now when i reach my hotel and near my hotel ATM machines and then withdraw when i know that this ATM machine has 0 charges or so.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I couldn't open an account with Niyo Global because of some internal issue with them. Is there any alternative to Niyo Global card which is helpful for overseas spends?
If you could get your hands on Indusind bank exclusive debit card, that would be a great choice.

Also did you try Niyo DCB variant?
Try pinnacle paid which gives 0 mab exclusive for which 0 markup fee visa signature debit card free.
Pinnacle also gst only we have to spend since for 15k we pay we get 15k offline vouchers. Don’t opt online vouchers u will get value of 12k only

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro Dont use Niyo Global Card it sucks for me the new NiyoGlobal by SBM bank is not working for me in most countries moreover whenever i transacted using that card it doesnt show me the live transactions in the app itself
I would suggest you to go with RBL World Safari Credit card best or if you really need Debit card then for me NiyoX by Equitas bank worked best then Fi money or Jupiter also has 0 Forex Charges.
Plus try not to withdraw cash abroad as the foreign banks charge money for using their ATM machines better to use only for purchases until you find an atm with low fees which i did by visiting every ATM on the airport and trying to withdraw 100$ to check what i am being charged (with no money in the bank) and mostly have found that airport ones usually charge high so i do this now when i reach my hotel and near my hotel ATM machines and then withdraw when i know that this ATM machine has 0 charges or so.
Which countries did it not work in? In a 3 month span, only twice did the card not work and in both cases Niyo had intimated via app and email to me that they will have some maintenance. The only negative of the card as I see is that transactions may not be settled at the same day, so exchange rate might be slightly different that's all. Also, each and every transaction I made has showed up live on the app, whether worth ₹50ish or ₹100000+ish. They send out of notifications for that via the app.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I used Niyo Global extensively at Oman airport and Turkey last month. Only time it didn't work was at a KFC outlet in Istanbul. Other than that it worked at all local shops and ATM machines.

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have used sbm niyo global without issue in UK for 2 months recently. The bigger issue I am having is that they have not credited the SB ac interest to my account for August yet, and now even September interest has not been credited. Have a ticket thats been open since mid-sept regarding the Aug interest. Nothing yet!

GojetaSSj

TF Buzz
Which countries did it not work in? In a 3 month span, only twice did the card not work and in both cases Niyo had intimated via app and email to me that they will have some maintenance. The only negative of the card as I see is that transactions may not be settled at the same day, so exchange rate might be slightly different that's all. Also, each and every transaction I made has showed up live on the app, whether worth ₹50ish or ₹100000+ish. They send out of notifications for that via the app.
In Vietnam,Dubai,Thailand and Singapore not all ATMs it worked the airport ones specially.
plus moreover I use this card only at ATMs cause i have RBL World Safari Credit Card for all other types of transactions so yea idk whether you are talking about that or not but the only use of this card to me as a Debit Card or Forex card is the only ATM withdrawal thing which we can do with this for Cash nothing else otherwise I prefer and use only credit cards for transactions and RBL World Safari is so far the best for me.
Secondly their iOS app is trash i am right now its fine but when i visited other countries it was stuck at no transactions to show for some reason that was game changer for me plus the support team themselves said that for transactions contact sbm bank so a big no no
In an outside country where every call is paid i don't think so its worth it for me.
So for me i better go with NiyoX which was great for ATM withdrawals the guys even called me to confirm that you are transacting and 2nd i will go for Fi any day.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In Vietnam,Dubai,Thailand and Singapore not all ATMs it worked the airport ones specially.
plus moreover I use this card only at ATMs cause i have RBL World Safari Credit Card for all other types of transactions so yea idk whether you are talking about that or not but the only use of this card to me as a Debit Card or Forex card is the only ATM withdrawal thing which we can do with this for Cash nothing else otherwise I prefer and use only credit cards for transactions and RBL World Safari is so far the best for me.
Secondly their iOS app is trash i am right now its fine but when i visited other countries it was stuck at no transactions to show for some reason that was game changer for me plus the support team themselves said that for transactions contact sbm bank so a big no no
In an outside country where every call is paid i don't think so its worth it for me.
So for me i better go with NiyoX which was great for ATM withdrawals the guys even called me to confirm that you are transacting and 2nd i will go for Fi any day.
Okay, perhaps for you the experience was different. i only used it once to withdraw in Canada, rest was all via POS/ECom. I am on Android, so won't comment on the iOS app. Fair critisism in my opinion, go for it based on requirements. Although, it should be noted NiyoX has yearly AMC nowadays.

telescope

TF Ace
Based on my experience, I'd recommend giving the BookMyForex card a try for your international trips. It made my trip smoother and less stressful. Firstly, the process of obtaining the card online was unbelievably quick and straightforward. I spent less than five minutes on BookMyForex.com for order booking (ensure you have your passport and flight details handy for the online upload). No account opening is required, plus there are zero issuance charges!

A standout feature that drew me to BookMyForex was the lowest exchange rates offered by the platform. Before making my decision, I extensively compared rates from various platforms, and BookMyForex consistently emerged as the most cost-effective choice. The convenience didn't end there. The Forex card was delivered to my doorstep on the same day, and the delivery person was not only prompt but also polite.

During my international trip, I used the card for all sorts of transactions - shopping, eating, and making payments to almost all merchants. A quick tip - if you get a BookMyForex card, download the BookMyForex mobile app. It helps with reloading your card, checking your balance, and even disabling the card if it gets lost or stolen. Give it a go - you won't be disappointed! Safe travels!
It's obvious that you are an employee at bookmyforex.
Stop self promotion. This forum is for genuine opinion and help and not for advertising/marketing.

Sneha13

TF Buzz
You can try BookMyForex to order a forex card. The exchange rate is decent; I got their zero markup forex card and the card was delivered to my address the same day. Overall, good experience in terms of rates and card delivery.

telescope

TF Ace
You can try BookMyForex to order a forex card. The exchange rate is decent; I got their zero markup forex card and the card was delivered to my address the same day. Overall, good experience in terms of rates and card delivery.
cash withdrawal charge is very high.
also, what rate you got and the date. So we can check the difference.