• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

An easier way to track Credit Card monthly milestones (for e.g. Axis Magnus)

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There have been many posts on TF on tracking CC expenses, which is especially crucial for Magnus users who try to hit the Rs. 1 Lakh spend milestone every month for the 25K bonus ER. I want to share one easy-peasy way to track this spending and make your personal finances easier.

Change the billing cycle, and make it 1st to 31st.

That's it. Many of us struggle with milestone spending because our billing cycle defaulted to whatever date we activated the card on. Axis permits billing cycle change, once per card. Once you change your billing cycle, you can easily see the qualifying spends in your default 'Transactions' or billing Statement or available limit.

Or do what I do - simply check the available credit limit which gets updated immediately after each transaction on SMS or email - even before the transaction is posted.

I also like to clear the dues on the 1st/2nd of each month, so that I can see the monthly spends by tracking the available limit.

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Some banks don't allow the cycle to start on 01st. For example, HDFC. Let me know if it is being accepted. I would like my card's statement also to start from 01st.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Some banks don't allow the cycle to start on 01st. For example, HDFC. Let me know if it is being accepted. I would like my card's statement also to start from 01st.
If 1st is not available, you can opt for 2nd.
Most of my cards except for PNB were changed to 1 or 2 from its initial values
Axis 1st
Amex 2nd
SBI 1st
ICICI 2nd
Federal 2nd
BoB - By default 1st

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
If 1st is not available you can opt for 2nd.
Most of my cards except for PNB was changed 1 or 2 from its initial values
Axis 1st
Amex 2nd
SBI 1st
ICICI 2nd
Federal 2nd
BoB - By default 1st
Yeah, I requested HDFC to change my cycle to start from 02nd recently. I need to try it for SBI as well. Federal (OneCard) is the most idiotic as they only give you one option.

FinGuru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There have been many posts on TF on tracking CC expenses, which is especially crucial for Magnus users who try to hit the Rs. 1 Lakh spend milestone every month for the 25K bonus ER. I want to share one easy-peasy way to track this spending and make your personal finances easier.

Change the billing cycle, and make it 1st to 31st.

That's it. Many of us struggle with milestone spending because our billing cycle defaulted to whatever date we activated the card on. Axis permits billing cycle change, once per card. Once you change your billing cycle, you can easily see the qualifying spends in your default 'Transactions' or billing Statement. I also like to clear the dues on the 1st/2nd of each month, so that I can see the monthly spends by tracking the available limit.
I can see where you're coming from but wasn't the milestone cycle always 1-30 regardless of one's billing cycle?