• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Travel Portal

gg123

TF Premier
Why are flights So cheap in Amex portal compared to other sites ?
today I booked a flight with 70% of what I would've paid in MMT, Yatra or direct airline

Any reason behind this?

And will I get multiplier points since it is Amex portal?

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why are flights So cheap in Amex portal compared to other sites ?
today I booked a flight with 70% of what I would've paid in MMT, Yatra or direct airline

Any reason behind this?

And will I get multiplier points since it is Amex portal?
I don't think that's normally the case. I see prices comparable to MMT or EMT only. Maybe you got lucky with some specific flight.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
same question
does amex have accelerated rewards
bcoz ecven i compared flights are a tad bit cheaper 5-15%
But when you are actually booking flight, do you check everywhere? like MMT, EMT, Yatra, ClearTrip, Goibibo, Smartbuy & now Amex.
It becomes hassle with different discounts as well.
This time I tried Cleartrip since with partnership with Axis - meal + seat + no conv+ cancellable with Axis select.

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
But when you are actually booking flight, do you check everywhere? like MMT, EMT, Yatra, ClearTrip, Goibibo, Smartbuy & now Amex.
This time I tried Cleartrip since with partnership with Axis - meal + seat + no conv+ cancellable with Axis select.
i checked with yatra cleatrip and goibibo
these 3 usualy have the same pricing
10-12% instant discount depening upon card offer and then a conveinvce fee

gg123

TF Premier
I almost booked through MMT and I just checked because I thought we might get accelerated rewards and to my surprise the price is so cheap.

And I travel frequently but I have never seen HYD -Vizag flight for 3300 +70 rupees amex charged for convenience

gg123

TF Premier
same question
does amex have accelerated rewards
bcoz ecven i compared flights are a tad bit cheaper 5-15%
I checked with Customer Support. they said we will only get the accelerated points through reward multiplier portal. It's hard to believe but let me confirm once the transaction gets processed and points posted
when does the convenince fee get added?
There is no mention of it in invoice I got two charges when I submitted the OTP. the ticket amount and some 70-80 rupees Both Under AMEX ONLINE SERVICES

quino

TF Premier
RML Group
No I have not seen the amount added. even the OTP I got is for the exact ticket amount.
after the transaction I got two spent notifications from amex one with 83 rs and another ticket amount both are AMEX ONLINE SERVICES
in general websites, it gets added in the payment page. so thought the same. does every amex card holder have access to this amex portal? or only premium ones?

gg123

TF Premier
in general websites, it gets added in the payment page. so thought the same. does every amex card holder have access to this amex portal? or only premium ones?
Every Amex customer gets access to amex travel.

What are the dates for your flight?

Did u check google flights for the best comparison? MMT is usually 20-30% higher
I checked everywhere in google flights , sky scanner ..... the lowest I could see was 4500 apart from amex portal

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I booked the same route flight for 10:45 directly in indigo for 4743 flexi plus fare. It was 4742 for normal fare.

Amazon was giving at around 4000 after discount and cashback but it was normal fare. I didn't think of amex. But one thing is both amex and Amazon don't give options for different fares. Anyways thanks for sharing

gg123

TF Premier
I booked the same route flight for 10:45 directly in indigo for 4743 flexi plus fare. It was 4742 for normal fare.

Amazon was giving at around 4000 after discount and cashback but it was normal fare. I didn't think of amex. But one thing is both amex and Amazon don't give options for different fares. Anyways thanks for sharing
Yes! You are correct. amex doesn't give options for different fares. it didn't even ask me to choose the seat in flight. the airline randomly assigned s*hitty middle seat.