• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Travel Portal

gg123

TF Premier
Why are flights So cheap in Amex portal compared to other sites ?
today I booked a flight with 70% of what I would've paid in MMT, Yatra or direct airline

Any reason behind this?

And will I get multiplier points since it is Amex portal?

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes! You are correct. amex doesn't give options for different fares. it didn't even ask me to choose the seat in flight. the airline randomly assigned s*hitty middle seat.
Oh that is bad but I guess it is fine for the price it is giving and less convenience fees. Hope it gives accelerated rewards too !

ALOAK

TF Ace
Amex has credited the 1.9lkh threshold milestone of 7500 MR and I contacted amex rep through chat and informed for bonus points of 7500 to be credited. And they said in 15 mins it will be credited

insight

TF Ace
Every Amex customer gets access to amex travel.

I checked everywhere in google flights , sky scanner ..... the lowest I could see was 4500 apart from amex portal
I am curious if its worth me checking / comparing for once a month BOM > South > BOM flights? (HYD/ BLR/ MAA).

SkyScanner vs AMEX Travel (if MRCC folks are allowed to use it).

Thoughts/ experiences?

@gg123
My bad! I remember a time when re-directing from Skyscanner wouldn't allow you to apply certain coupons while booking directly would.
Also, sites like FlyCheap or Happyfare or Kiwi even if cheaper can very unreliable so I stopped checking Skyscanner for domestic flights.

Would be a fun comparison, let me what your research finds out.
I have not used MRCC so far AT ALL (not one rupee), as I do not see much ROI value in it given my constraints.

The higher % Hotel ROIs are of no use to me, or AMZN 18K is is 1+ year away even if 1.5 x 4 Monthly is applied.

Hence, I was hoping that folks like you and the other thread would be more seasoned players who can enlighten.

Assuming some price breaks are had, I'm curious what kind of ROI %, the Non-Hotel Redemption pathways would entail?

Would "my limited once a month travel" encounter any benefit?