• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Spend Based offer

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I got same offer on my MRCC, If I can spend 20K each month, it would be 60K (20 in feb, march, april). This month, I can spend another 10K as I have spent only 10K on MRCC so far,
Balance 30K won't have any milestone benefits, so thinking whether this is worth it or not,
But if we think straight , for this 30K spends without any additional milestone benefit, we will be getting 3K amazon pay voucher, which is straight 10%, so it is worth it i guess, can someone good in math confirm?

Last edited:

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got offer of 1000 flipkart or Amazon voucher on spending 25000. Received this offer in morning on my smartearn. After few hours got approved for MRCC. Now it is easy to achieve this spend.

Reactions: SSV

cch

TF Select
I got the offer as Rs. 25k Taj vouchers on 7L spends on platinum travel card. Seems like a very bullshit spend target. Given that I've already achieved the 4L milestone for it.

ccdc

TF Ace
do these offers come to ppl who dont spend more on their card or regular spenders as well...coz i have this card for almost a yr now and i haven't recd any such spend based offer....have already more than 1.5L on the card so will qualify for fee waiver.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
do these offers come to ppl who dont spend more on their card or regular spenders as well...coz i have this card for almost a yr now and i haven't recd any such spend based offer....have already more than 1.5L on the card so will qualify for fee waiver.
Varies depending on multiple factors.

Some cards that are old and have reduced spending get them a lot.
Some card that are heavy spenders get them with increased spending numbers.

New cards or low-limit cards are often skipped, I've seen the numbers and offers sent change every campaign so it's hard to figure out the exact logic used by the team.

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Amex slowly tries to nudge you to spend more on their card. At first they will give you 50k spend milestone, if you are able to achieve that, they'll ramp it up to 200k. If you get it right this time also, they might offer you 500k.

Reactions: SSV

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Amex slowly tries to nudge you to spend more on their card. At first they will give you 50k spend milestone, if you are able to achieve that, they'll ramp it up to 200k. If you get it right this time also, they might offer you 500k.
exactly, you are spot on, I can clearly see it in the type of offers they send to me personally and I observed the same

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge
exactly, you are spot on, I can clearly see it in the type of offers they send to me personally and I observed the same
Yeah.. they gave me a milestone of 300k this time.. I'm not going to meet the milestone, especially with an amex network.