• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Smart Earn Devaluation!

supperman

TF Select
Doesn't look like a huge devaluation. Only Amazon is bumped down from 10X to 5X. Some merchants got bumped up from 5X to 10X, so more options for those who don't use Uber, Zomato is a new 10X partner...

The only big thing is maybe those who used the 10X Amazon bonus to buy GVs...

Rdspam

TF Premier
Yeah the card is now trash. 10x on amazon was great. The other merchants they added now don’t justify as most of those merchants give better offers on other cards so using amex there is pointless. Keep us updated if anyone gets a good retention offer when cancelling.

Rdspam

TF Premier
Doesn't look like a huge devaluation. Only Amazon is bumped down from 10X to 5X. Some merchants got bumped up from 5X to 10X, so more options for those who don't use Uber, Zomato is a new 10X partner...

Most of the merchants that are “bumped up” will give you much better deals on other cards. Zomato especially almost never has an offer running for amex cards so it’s rare you will use it there.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

No it's a major devaluation. As others too commented everyone used this card for Amazon. For other merchants there are better credit cards

supperman

TF Select
Most of the merchants that are “bumped up” will give you much better deals on other cards. Zomato especially almost never has an offer running for amex cards so it’s rare you will use it there.
Even with Az, there are better cards and deals than Amex SE. SE was also limited in the number of bonus points one could earn, with 10X capped at 500 across Az/FK. While it is a devaluation, it's not that huge, not for me at least. FK and Uber are still 10X, some new merchants are added, Zomato has exclusive 10X, which might assist some with smaller orders where other cards offers wouldn't kick in...Az 10X to 5X is sad, but Az was not an original 10X vendor in the first place, only got added on later, so I always considered it a bit of a bonus. Shame, but as a free card, it's still OK for me.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@pprakash11 @S S V Your thoughts on this deval please
In my view, Smart Earn is just a very very basic card released to appease Indian CC customers just to enter into Amex ecosystem..
It is not at all a credit card for all practical purposes..
It is like "currency note" in a banking game... ;) No offence..

812ce0.jpg

All my comments , please take it easy...

Last edited:

hsgk

TF Buzz
10x on Amazon was attractive, now its 5x is disappointing. Popular groceries (DMart, Reliance fresh) is omitted. Blinkit and Zomato already overpriced not happy with 10x for them. Also when Bookmyshow is there why PVR was needed not varied categories included