• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Platinum reserve credit card. I was planning to get the credit card.

Hello everyone,

I was planning to get the Amex Platinum reserve credit card.
I wanted to know, is this the best card in amex right now. Or i should my decision get any other amex credit card. Please refer me best amex credit cards.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know, is this the best card in amex right now. Or i should my decision get any other amex credit card. Please refer me best amex credit cards.
The best card in Amex is Amex Centurion which is invite only.

The best card that you can apply for directly is Amex Platinum.

But what is best depends on what use you want to get out of cards. Other cards of Amex have their own plus points.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

Platinum Reserve card is the most useless card in entire Amex portfolio.
Go for platinum travel, that’s their best card.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
before september i would have advised to go for it
as this was the cheapest way to get access to amex lounge in bom/del
but after that not at all worth it from second year
first year you get points worth fees and uif you have 25k spends every month you get 6k worth of groceries from bigbasket

Rohit821

TF Neo
Hello everyone,

The only plus point of Reserve card is 2 golf lessons / games per month at 32 select courses in india and many more abroad. Now that was very special 2 years back for someone like me who on weekends wanted to explore a new course in Hyd Bangalore delhi area without their membership. Since infinia is by invite ,this was making the card worth the fees. Now idfc wealth, and some other cards are extending the same. The centurion lounge access is stopped for primary cardholder too. So other than easydiner prime, Zomato gold and a restricted preferred Taj Epicure( no free nights) there is not much this card does. Also milestone benefit of 10 k taj vouche on 5 lakh spend plus on payment of renewal fee is a pain to use. You have to book a non discounted non member rate, drop a mail to taj reservations with coupon details, then you save about 4 K on a room which is available under offer. Feel free to ask any query on reserve card.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
The best card in Amex is Amex Centurion which is invite only.

The best card that you can apply for directly is Amex Platinum.

But what is best depends on what use you want to get out of cards. Other cards of Amex have their own plus points.
Amex centurion is trash in India unlike US

Plat travel is best