• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Plat Travel CC Rejected, Can I re-apply with MRCC?

DashGem

TF Buzz
Hi Everyone,

I applied for an Amex platinum travel card, but it was rejected. [however, I am using credit cards for the past 4+ years]
Due to multiple cards I opened recently, my Credit score took a hit it's around 714 - CRIF and Experian and cibil is around 785.

I suspect this might be the reason behind the rejection of my Amex Platinum travel cc, but not sure exactly as AMEX customer care didn't provide any clarity over it, they just told me i can reapply after 90 days.

So, does anyone knows if this could be the main reason behind rejection?
and can I apply for MRCC card now? or should I wait for 90 days for that as well? [does MRCC have low approval criteria?]

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi Everyone,

I applied for an Amex platinum travel card, but it was rejected. [however, I am using credit cards for the past 4+ years]
Due to multiple cards I opened recently, my Credit score took a hit it's around 714 - CRIF and Experian and cibil is around 785.

I suspect this might be the reason behind the rejection of my Amex Platinum travel cc, but not sure exactly as AMEX customer care didn't provide any clarity over it, they just told me i can reapply after 90 days.

So, does anyone knows if this could be the main reason behind rejection?
and can I apply for MRCC card now? or should I wait for 90 days for that as well? [does MRCC have low approval criteria?]
Yes, cool off period is for the same product only.. you can apply for anything except for the rejected card .. Best wishes

DashGem

TF Buzz
Alright thank you Guys
I will try to apply again for MRCC, but does MRCC ever get accepted for anyone with a lower Credit score of 714 [CRIF] as I have?

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Before applying make sure you are doing KYC from one of the addresses mentioned in the application either from office or home. Sometimes system flags it. MRCC has low income requirements so you can easily get it and later work your way to Amex Trifecta if you want that.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Your CIBIL score looks good.

In this case, there could be multiple reasons for rejection, check the serviceability of your area and total enquiries made in the last 3 months.
Getting more info on that should help. Also, getting the MRCC is way easier than the Platinum Travel card.

vine

TF Premier
It depends on your bank balance, if you're getting 40-50K as a pension, they might allow you.

The requirements are ~6L income per month.
Asking for a relative, Monthly pension is 60k+ and CIBIL score is 714 (age 65+). No existing CC or any loans. Good enough?

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Asking for a relative, Monthly pension is 60k+ and CIBIL score is 714 (age 65+). No existing CC or any loans. Good enough?
Pension looks good, CIBIL score looks a little low but might work out.
DM me more details of where they are based and their last CC/loan age, we can discuss a little more!