• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Membership Rewards Credit Card Review

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
On 03/10 applied for MRCC thru referral.

Done VKYC almost immediately.

No document asked. No proofs asked.

APROVED by evening. Card generated by night. Bluedart picked it up on 04/10.

CARD DELIVERED in Tirupati on 06/10 by 9am.

Very happy with AMEX service.
yes, exactly same happened with my relatives application, which i had applied for no documents were asked and received card on 3rd day morning.

avis_

TF Premier
American Express has finally started issuing cards since they were put under an embargo by the RBI. Their most sought entry-level but highly rewarding card is known as AMEX Membership Rewards Credit Card. This card if used in the right way can help you yield good reward rates. With the recently started referral program, you can further take advantage of the joining offers.

Let’s check out how we can maximize rewards on it!

org.picseditor.blurbackground_20221218826697.jpg

giphy.gif

***Apply now for any AMEX Card by clicking on the banner above and get all the referral benefits***

On applying for an MRCC card via the link above you get this card First Year Free and a 67% discount on next year's renewal fees as well. Further, you are set to earn 2000 Membership Reward Points on spending ₹5,000 within 90 days!

Case 1: If you spend ₹1,500*4 (₹6,000) transactions per month then you get to earn 13440 MR points in a year and get a reward rate of 7.1% even if you redeem for Amazon Vouchers. But keep in mind that you need to pay annual fees of ₹1,500 in this case and reward rates decrease to 4.63%.

Case 2: If you spend ₹20,000 per month then you get to earn 28800 MR points in a year and get a reward rate of 4.60% even if you redeem for Amazon Vouchers.

So anyways you get to earn a good reward rate of a minimum of 4.63% which is huge for an entry-level credit card.

Capture-2.jpg

Case 3: The real earning potential of AMEX lies in its Reward Multiplier where you get 2X reward points on MRCC and the reward rate increases by almost 60bps.

Although AMEX gives no rewards on fuel purchases still you can buy BPCL vouchers and redeem them at your nearest fuel bunk to get an exceptional reward rate of up to 20.66%! (Who Knows)!

TechnoFino Tip: Always try to split your transactions in multiples of ₹1500 to reach your milestone faster.

AMEX is one of those cards in which one redemption option can't fit everyone. Some find solace in gold collection vouchers and other in Marriot Bonvoy transfer. Miles enthusiasts can extract value from airlines transfer too. So there is something for every AMEX card holder. While redemption opportunities are a lot I wish AMEX brings 3X and 5X offers from time to time just like in 2020 so that everyone can rack up some points fast!

Are you planning to get the American Express MRCC? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
How do you say 38 paisa per point for Amazon GV .

I see only 4.4k points, 18K points, 22k points, 24k Points available for Amazon redemption.

according to case 1 I can only go for 3*4400 pts redemption only right ? which is equal to Rs.3000

anilkrsh

TF Premier
How do you say 38 paisa per point for Amazon GV .

I see only 4.4k points, 18K points, 22k points, 24k Points available for Amazon redemption.

according to case 1 I can only go for 3*4400 pts redemption only right ? which is equal to Rs.3000
After u accumulate 18k or 24k points, you unlock vouchers with higher returns
24k pts = 9k amazon gv
18k pts = 7k Amazon gv

avis_

TF Premier
After u accumulate 18k or 24k points, you unlock vouchers with higher returns
24k pts = 9k amazon gv
18k pts = 7k Amazon gv
With 14880 points how I can buy 24k or 18k voucher ? If you see the table against 14880 points retrun rate is 7%

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Key question is self employed or salaried? In any case, you have a long and distinguished credit history, sir.

Self employed (IT sector) / position is Director (Operations). Gave my company's name. VKYC Done almost immediately. Their site/They did not ask any documents. Approved in 15 minutes or so.
In the VKYC, I told them that I am a RETURNING CUSTOMER of AMEX n gave the details of my previous Global Green card I held for 4 years prior to 2003.

The guy was Pleasantly surprised n really nice of him to gleefully say - welcome back Sir.

ALOAK

TF Premier
See the table. You can get a value of 20% on some Marriott stay redemptions if you can extract a value of 1rs per Bonvoy point. Not for all.
I have never seen for bangalore marriot hotels 1 rs per point value it comes in range of 0.58 to 0.80. Yesterday I was checking for fairfield marriot to book through points revenue shows 6809 inclusive of tax but when I check with pay by points for the same it shows 10000 points quite expensive. Not sure it may give value out of India presume it to be. In india never seen marriot points giving 1 per 1 point.very rare I think. If any one has derived it 1 point per 1 inr or beyond kindly provide some inputs how and which hotels and months to actually use it to get that value

taskmaster

TF Select

Same experience. Card got approved in an hour and received it in 3 days.

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
MRCC is perfect in combination with Gold Charge to redeem the 18K nd 24K gold collection. But now Amex has started allowing to pool Platinum Travel into same Rewards Points pool, making it easy to achieve the 18K nd 24K milestone.

Reactions: SSV

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
With 14880 points how I can buy 24k or 18k voucher ? If you see the table against 14880 points retrun rate is 7%
So you need to get 18k points first, they are quoting returns based on 18k collection.
18k points into 7k voucher which gives 0.38 value per point. Then you can multiply 14k * 0.38

sudhanshu22

TF Buzz
In MRCC, I see 300 club vistara points for 900 points, would like to know how I can use them. Also, is it same conversion rate for AMEX Platinum Travel card users.
amex membership rewards points conversion.png

Attachments

• amex membership rewards points conversion.png
    amex membership rewards points conversion.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 2