• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX Membership Rewards Credit Card Review

insight

TF Ace
After reviewing your application, we have determined that your income does not meet our internal evaluation criteria. As a result, we are not able to process your application.

I get in hand 82K but rejected. Its may because high CIBIL enquires.
What causes high CIBIL enquiries?

Welcome Gift of 4,000 Membership Rewards Points will be applicable on payment of joining fee and on spending INR 15,000 within first 90 days of Card membership.
> As per my understanding, if we apply using referral link, then we won't be eligible for welcome gift. Is my understanding correct?
> If so, I think welcome benefit is better than referral benefit right? can someone comment on it?

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Welcome Gift of 4,000 Membership Rewards Points will be applicable on payment of joining fee and on spending INR 15,000 within first 90 days of Card membership.
> As per my understanding, if we apply using referral link, then we won't be eligible for welcome gift. Is my understanding correct?
> If so, I think welcome benefit is better than referral benefit right? can someone comment on it?
Amex cards don't give continuous renewal benefits on paying the fee as a feature but you can negotiate with them every year for some offer (eg, full waiver against some spend milestone, or additional reward points on paying the fee etc). But these are not always standard and we can't guarantee that you will always get some benefit on paying renewal fee. In such cases the reduced fee via referral might seem like a better option. The referral link gives reduced welcome benefit too. I think it was about 2000 points, first year generally free, and a very reduced annual fee few months ago. But as of now they have stopped all referrals. So you need to weigh your requirements before taking a call.

Last edited:
Amex cards don't give continuous renewal benefits on paying the fee as a feature but you can negotiate with them every year for some offer (eg, full waiver against some spend milestone, or additional reward points on paying the fee etc). But these are not always standard and we can't guarantee that you will always get some benefit on paying renewal fee. In such cases the reduced fee via referral might seem like a better option. The referral link gives reduced welcome benefit too. I think it was about 2000 points, first year generally free, and a very reduced annual fee few months ago. But as of now they have stopped all referrals. So you need to weigh your requirements before taking a call.
Thanks Chaitanya for your advice. Amex gives waiver on renewal fee for membership rewards card, if spends are more than1.5 lakhs.
I think they don't give renewal benefit on Platinum travel card.

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks Chaitanya for your advice. Amex gives waiver on renewal fee for membership rewards card, if spends are more than1.5 lakhs.
I think they don't give renewal benefit on Platinum travel card.
People negotiate for MR points 10K to 15K points on paying the Plat travel renewal fee.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I haven’t applied but I had read somewhere that they asked for this.This is one reason I am hesitant to apply.
I have sent you a direct message (DM), please check.. they are somtimes asking for additional identity documents..

chiggybansal1

TF Select
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i dont think it was because of inquires as i had 6-7 inquiries (out of which 3 were rejected) in my cibil within last 40 days but my MRCC approved, all thanks to @BestBanker he helped me out.
After reviewing your application, we have determined that your income does not meet our internal evaluation criteria. As a result, we are not able to process your application.

I get in hand 82K but rejected. It

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Salary looks fine. Enquiry could be an issue. However, AMEX might have issue if you have too many credit cards and overall/sum credit limit is too high compared to the salary which you receive. This can be a red flag.

pprakash11

TF Prestige
Salary looks fine. Enquiry could be an issue. However, AMEX might have issue if you have too many credit cards and overall/sum credit limit is too high compared to the salary which you receive. This can be a red flag.
Inquiry shoul not be issue at all.
Me having 10 inquiries in last 3 months got hands on total 3 AMED Cards !!