• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gyftr issue

I had done some txns on 23rd on amex reward multiplier for Gold card(6x1000). Till yesterday they were showing in pending, today everything is blank from morning. CC is saying merchant(amex Gyftr) hasn't claimed transaction hence isn't posted.
If merchant doesn't claim transaction(very less chance of this happening) - I got 6k AGV for free then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928-161305.png
    Screenshot_20230928-161305.png
    147 KB · Views: 45

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Mine is still blocked for the 2k voucher I had purchased on around 22 Sept. Bill had generated on 28th Sept without that 2k and I’ve paid in full. Available limit is 2k less. Let’s see what happens in the next bill. I’m sure they won’t let go this money.
I think I too did the transaction on 22nd.
Yes, they won't let it go.. at some point the reconciliation happens .. but its a very strage situation...

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
And if you ask for NOC from them and by mistake they give it, what happens in that case?
It is actually a good question..
Actually , they had to give you a NOC ( not by mistake)..
AMEX in this case had to give you NOC and then technically it is between the merchant and AMex to sort out the issue between them..
They can still drag you into this but prima facie its between them..

Last edited:

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have taken NOC on mail from Yes Bank.

But fair point on that they can make a case.
i was under the understanding that since there is no interest being charged on the credit limit disbursed it isn't a loan
and a no objection certificate is only given to loan accounts indicating no outstanding is left
and in case of credit cards they wont let you close the account until there is any outstanding

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
It is actually a good question..
Actually , they had to give you a NOC ( not by mistake)..
AMEX in this case had to give you NOC and then technically it is between the merchant and AMex to sort out the issue between them..
They can still drag you into this but prima facie its between them..
if they give noc then it becomes arbitrary
the purpose of noc is to certify that no dues are left
so if there is any due and the bank or card company still issued an noc,
there is a lapse of governance from amexs side
but i havent heard noc being given for credit lines such as credit card

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
if they give noc then it becomes arbitrary
the purpose of noc is to certify that no dues are left
so if there is any due and the bank or card company still issued an noc,
there is a lapse of governance from amexs side
but i havent heard noc being given for credit lines such as credit card
They do give NOC's for Credit Cards.. and CCs are unsecured loans..
Anyway while giving NOC also they can mention that if any dues are there we have to pay...
As I said it before, it is primarily battle between AMex and Merchant... because with NOC we are discharged of any liability..
As we have NOC, even though they drag us into , We can defend the case that we are not responsible for their lapse in charging and recovering money within the agreed time period....

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
i have taken noc on loan accounts only and they dont mention anything like this

Yes that is why I said they CAN...doesn't necessarily mean that it can be enforced especially when the lapse is on their side...
Anyway having NOC precisely shifts the onus on to thier side... not us