• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gold - Wallet use for fee waiver?

I did search other threads but I couldn't find the information I wanted. Mods please merge if this discussion already exists.

I've just got my Amex Gold. My plan was to only use it monthly for 1x6k @ the reward multiplier site. So 73.2k spend and about 15% returns in miles. Not great returns considering I generally buy my vouchers from Axis @ 30%.

But it's a small amount so I'm not overly worried about that but if it can be avoided + if I can get a fee waiver for the ~2L spends (I know that is up to the Amex gods) that would be great.

So how do I do that? If I do 2 transactions of 99K + 40k on PayTm along with what I'm doing right now I will hit my ~2L spends over the course of the year provided I keep doing the 6k monthly spends. That will cost me about 3.2k. However I understand that if I do Paytm transfers to my bank, then the fee that Paytm charges goes up. Also, will they allow 144k to be transfered back to my bank account easily?

Is that a smart thing to do or will I encounter some problems doing this?

I'm sort of OK in giving Amex the 1x6k (hoping there will be some good transfer bonuses amongst other things) that I will be able to take advantage of on the way. Otherwise if there is a easy way to avoid this as well I'd be very interested.